[outdated]King of the Forest: Poison LA ReachZerker 7kLife 250MS

Any idea if this build is able to farm uber atziri in atlas? No more frostwall is probably the biggest hit on LA.
Is this build still viable in Atlas considering the nerfs now pending? I was looking to this build guide for my Atlas main toon. Not so sure now if that is a good idea anymore.

With LA Frostwall nerf, it would seem that TS will rain supreme.

The real question is to Reach or Not to Reach?
"
Mopaxac wrote:
"
sefer1988 wrote:
I read the patch note and see that poison dmg has been reduced to 8% of Phy dmg (fr om 10%), so sad I just try this build for a few day :(

Pierce support nerf
Poison nerf
Reach of council nerf
Frostwall nerf

With the same setup ~20k DPS / 6.5k poison DPS per stack now.

I still cannot get the Reach yet, but other nerf is really direct hit to this build.
With Frostwall nerf we dont even need this skill for the build, RIP LA Frostwall..
It is as though a thousand mouths cry out in pain!!!
Last edited by sefer1988 on Aug 31, 2016, 4:29:55 AM
I guess the build will still work, just use blast rain against single target (replace frost wall).
I will continue with Frenzy to single target, because I think there are not enough slot for Blast rain (4link) + LA (5-6link) + Frenzy (4link) on the same set. Remove frostwall only release around 2 nodes, we still need the decoy (I use the same setup as 1st post).

Dont want to drop this build, a marauder with a bow is really something rare ^^!
Last edited by sefer1988 on Aug 31, 2016, 5:15:28 AM
RIP LA + Frost Wall...long live Tornado Shot!
"
Ghismo wrote:
RIP LA + Frost Wall...long live Tornado Shot!

I still got 1 char with TS (also my very first char), in case all other chars are nerfed I still got something to run high tier map, getting some currency to rebuild other chars. TS is the build with guarantee no nerf ever, so sad but true :))
Last edited by sefer1988 on Aug 31, 2016, 7:09:16 AM
hey guys dont worry, build will still be fine.

The nerfs are hitting us quite a bit, but for the latest version of my build i already specced out of damage nodes for more life so its easy to get more damage back.

Frost wall is dead, RIP. But tornado shot and barrage are both still very very good options for single target. Barrage already did like 70-80% of what frostwall LA did in my testings so I am confident that the build is still viable in 2.4.

I will spend today and tomorrow testing things and also updating my lootfilter. You can expect a short update of the guide for the league start, and probably more in-depth after a few weeks when i was able to do tests and stuff.

"
If there is anything you would like to read about in the guide that is missing atm, it is a very good moment to post requests her or to pm me what you want me to write about in more detail.

Do you guys prefer longer walls of text with detailed explanations, gear rundown and alternatives in each slot, and alternative ascendancy options, leveling guides and so on, or would you rather want a straight to the point gear-tree-playstyle type of guide ? Let me know !

Long live the king ! :D
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
Last edited by cmphx on Aug 31, 2016, 1:00:09 PM
Hey cmphx,
I want to play this build in Atlas and i am looking forward for the update.

"
cmphx wrote:

Do you guys prefer longer walls of text with detailed explanations, gear rundown and alternatives in each slot, and alternative ascendancy options, leveling guides and so on, or would you rather want a straight to the point gear-tree-playstyle type of guide ? Let me know !

Long live the king ! :D

IMO a short update maybe with alternative links / a new passive tree would be sufficient before Atlas launches.
After launch a more indepth guide with test results in spoilers would be best, so that people themselves can decide whether they want to know the details or just try the build.
All this of course depends on your time available for writing the guide
@cmphx:

I really love the build and I do think it will be still strong enough but there is one thing I would really like to know. You made a trap version that killed uber atziri with a white bow and I always asked myself how much trash clear dmg/speed did the build loose thanks to grabbing point blank? I mean usually I offscreen more than 50% of the mobs so that is a huge shooting distance, how big is the impact of point blank to that?

Edit: Don't get me wrong I know about the usual dps loss:

But in my opinion the secondary projectiles of LA should get a buff from point blank. So the question is when the first arrow's dmg gets nerfed and the secondary projectiles' dmg gets a buff how big is the loss in trash clear dmg/speed over all or isn't it a loss at all?
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Aug 31, 2016, 7:16:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info