[3.17] The Warchief | [Facebreaker] Ancestral Warchief | Uber Boss Farmer | Beginner -> Expert

Wellcome my new girl friend xD
Would Bringer of Rain be better than abyssus? I get the downside would be less overall armor, but Bringer gives you a ton of health and 7 socket. Also with iron reflexes, Bringer is a pure armor piece. Just a thought, and would like to know what you think.
"
therealgijoe wrote:
Would Bringer of Rain be better than abyssus? I get the downside would be less overall armor, but Bringer gives you a ton of health and 7 socket. Also with iron reflexes, Bringer is a pure armor piece. Just a thought, and would like to know what you think.

i'm not the OP, but i think without abyssus the build will sufer a HUGE dps drawback ... 40 - 60 phys atk is just too much to ignore :)
Last edited by RenanTM on Oct 4, 2016, 4:16:29 PM
I am not happy with this build at all i have to say.

Dmg is quite okay, like 45k with hatred active, but i die regularily and do not make much progress in leveling, doing map up to tier 9, but dying on maps higher 7 is kind of too often to make much progress in experience.

Okay i am 73, 4111 life, 8k armor unbuffed, res not perfect, 75 / 30 / 70 on merc.

I think its my playstyle somehow, because i build up the equip as suggested.
Is the not maxed cold res a problem, or that i need some 15 levels more?

Here the equip.

I do not know how to link the tree but its basically the leveling tree as suggested,
my profile is open to check.

Maybe i have to say i did only do one lab yet, maybe that is the problem with survivability?
Maybe someone sees a major problem on my character build ;)

Thx
Last edited by bex_HB on Oct 5, 2016, 9:33:16 AM
"
bex_HB wrote:
I am not happy with this build at all i have to say.

Dmg is quite okay, like 45k with hatred active, but i die regularily and do not make much progress in leveling, doing map up to tier 9, but dying on maps higher 7 is kind of too often to make much progress in experience.

Okay i am 73, 4111 life, 8k armor unbuffed, res not perfect, 75 / 30 / 70 on merc.

I think its my playstyle somehow, because i build up the equip as suggested.
Is the not maxed cold res a problem, or that i need some 15 levels more?

Here the equip.

I do not know how to link the tree but its basically the leveling tree as suggested,
my profile is open to check.

Maybe i have to say i did only do one lab yet, maybe that is the problem with survivability?
Maybe someone sees a major problem on my character build ;)

Thx

You talk about dieing alot on this build, yet you aren't even res capped which should be your number 1 priority on merciless.

Honestly if you are dieing alot in tier 7-9 then you are doing something wrong.. Either the way you play this char or simply just by stupid mistakes. Also you say your dmg is 45k unbuffed, which for me seems really low even at 73. I had atleast 90k+ unbuffed at 73. if you can afford it you might want to get legacy facebreakers and legacy meginords since they help alot with the damage and using all 8 ascendency points will help aswell ofc.

Also as OP have shown he is recommending a rare shield with res, armor and life to help with defense if you aren't res capped and die alot. Same goes for your Abyssus, aim for 40% Increased Damage taken instead of 46%.

You could spec into "The Indomitable", which helps with the armor and reduces crit strike dmg given to you.

I've been doing this build like he did it, with some exceptions like taking "The Indomitable" and i rarely die even in tier 14-15 maps. It really is quite an expensive build to get to work well so going for legacy facebreaker is kinda needed here imo.

That is just my thoughts though.

Last edited by BobHimself on Oct 5, 2016, 10:55:21 AM
Okay thanks, i got a 40% abyssus now and a shield with armor / res / life / some phys dmg ...
res 75 / 75 / 70 / -60 ( ... ) now, 10.2k armour. Maybe that helps.

But i wonder : those legacy items (gloves and belt) i can only get on standard,
correct? So no option for Essence League ;-)

I will try to get both labs cruel and merciless next and cap the res .. except chaos, could be
hard to do so.

I think about Indomitable.

One more question : the role of those vaal gems i do not really understand (i am not a POE veteran obviously ;) :
so basically those gems collect souls, and when they are "loaded" you need to press the button to activate their temporal effect? Like for flasks?

Thx ;)
Last edited by bex_HB on Oct 5, 2016, 11:49:15 AM
"
bex_HB wrote:
Okay thanks, i got a 40% abyssus now and a shield with armor / res / life / some phys dmg ...
res 75 / 75 / 70 / -60 ( ... ) now, 10.2k armour. Maybe that helps.

But i wonder : those legacy items (gloves and belt) i can only get on standard,
correct? So no option for Essence League ;-)

I will try to get both labs cruel and merciless next and cap the res .. except chaos, could be
hard to do so.

I think about Indomitable.

One more question : the role of those vaal gems i do not really understand (i am not a POE veteran obviously ;) :
so basically those gems collect souls, and when they are "loaded" you need to press the button to activate their temporal effect? Like for flasks?

Thx ;)

a) if you play solo for maps tier tier ca 10 maybe even more you dont even need damage higher then 40-50k (depends what you roll on map) - if you need go for armor shield and not damage one with life, armor and resistances

b) priority as was already written should be to cap your res -> you can do it very easily with rings or amulat

c) do ASAP lab - the additional points from the lab net really nice damage or utility boost (depends what you choose) - both cruel and merciless should be now for you seriously easy

d) life - try to get more

ad Vaal gems - yep you did understand it right
I just found this

Looks great even with the atk spd downside. The explicit phys dmg can go up to 15-50.

So even with the fact that the frenzy charge can't be gained from the totem, that would still be huge.
Last edited by zarlox on Oct 5, 2016, 3:55:23 PM
Is there a level recommendation on when to start using Abyssus? Only reason I ask is because even with maxed res, I got one shotted by Dom. The only thing I could think of was the extra damage being taken from Abyssus causes serious spike damage. It wasn't for the lack of playing conservatively because I play HC Essence and ended up dying at lvl 61 at cruel Dom. Thanks in advance for the feedback.
love this build. made a 2nd AW facebreaker in essence (i'm crazy)

prophecy (now in standard)

Spoiler

first one, templar (triple totem heirophant)

Spoiler
Last edited by Molochmane on Oct 7, 2016, 4:14:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info