[3.17] The Warchief | [Facebreaker] Ancestral Warchief | Uber Boss Farmer | Beginner -> Expert

"
Spirit228 wrote:
"
Inferius90 wrote:
About helmet enchant, better get Increased Punishment Curse effect and use self cast curse. What punishment does you can see in my boots

You can get curse simply by shield charging into boss, even with no damage buff is applied to you which also applies to your totems. Works like 7link

Will do for farming but bosses have "80% less effect of your curses". In total, you gain about 6.8% of damage, sadly.

Do boss add/trash count? Punishment is a bit weird that we care more about its buff than its curse effect and you should theoretically get more buff from add/trash. It's safer to be hit by them too. Not that it's very effective but I still have a few empty sockets so I guess why not self-cast or use some other auto-curse method.

"
Synchro69 wrote:
Do not try this in hardcore. You will die from the low HP during leveling. The tree and the items that OP suggest are not optimal at all and you do have very low resist and hp during the leveling process.

I think I did tweak a bit during leveling instead of following his exact video guide but I had no death from combat during leveling (I died to lab traps, not very familiar with them). Other than that, yes, this build can be one shot so you gotta be extra careful in HC, perhaps take more hp node in advance, since FB does TONs of damage since lv16 with appropriate lvling gears.

I think the most danger is from upper tier map. This build is still somewhat a range glass canon build so upper tier map is very dangerous for HC. The fact that AW totem need you to stay near does not help either (that's a downside compared to other totem builds where you can pretty much offscreen things with your totems)
Last edited by wiwigvn on Aug 16, 2017, 11:11:31 PM
"
Spirit228 wrote:
"
guggelhupf wrote:
"
Spirit228 wrote:
Reporting in 3.0 Harbinger league (70h+ played on the char). The build is a good boss killer (shaper/guardians). But if you aren't experienced player, you can't dodge all projectiles and bosses' attacks. Either way almost everybody one-shots you. You can do Uber lab, Atziri, Shaper and Guardians without crazy mods. But Shaper one-shots you with a golden projectile. You must be tricky and dodge all attacks.

Chimera and Hydra pretty easy if you know the tactics. Phoenix is kinda pain. The small area doesn't allow you to dodge all his attacks (and bird's projectile, which is more dangerous than the boss itself). Hard, but doable.

And here comes the fun. Because of Abyssys bosses with physical damage one-shots you. Minotaur and his huge (VERY HUGE) AOE one-shots you. It's very hard to dodge his attacks when the area is filled with stone rain (which one-shot you). Very hard, but still doable.

And Uber Atziri with budget gear is impossible. Believe me. She kills your totems in one sec and if you wanna place a new one, you are pretty sure taking the spear (which one-shots you). It's happens mostly in her "4 appearances phase". The only way to kill her is obtaining 1m+dps with 2 or 3 totems (if you have 400c Tukohama). I had 500k+ dps. The budget is about 150c which is only 4ex now. If I farm some more currency and exp, I can reach 700k. But it's very hard in my opinion. You must grind and grind without hesitating. But even with all that expensive gear, I think the chances to kill her is still 50/50.

I'm little disappointed because it's not the best build for map clearing or boss killing unless you have about 20-30ex budget. Still, if you wanna do all content in the game (except Uber Atziri) and you don't afraid the tactic "kill fast or die", that build will do.

i dont know why are u complaining about one shots and not tanky. i NEVER said this is a tanky trololol facetank build. yes i recommend good dodge abilitys and u can do EVERY content in poe. only because YOU cant do it, dont means nobody can do it.

maybe you should give this video i made long time ago uber atziri with 4L. i know its old, but they didnt change much in the last time around warchief, so im sure its still possible.

That's why everybody recommends avoiding such builds on the forum and especially from "Youtubers". I mentioned about one-shots exactly because you didn't. And it's very important. Even if you play very carefully you still can't avoid 100% hits (Facetanking...haha...You're so witty). BTW thank you for video, which you did a YEAR AGO! Dude, even flasks were nerfed. And your play style is just as I told - "Kill or take a spear and die". Also is it Standart with legacy Voidheart?

But nevermind. Maybe I'm wrong and I can't kill Uber Atziri coz I'm a troll, a bad player and just want to complain. So why in the comments below only a few guys who completed end game? Why there are 200+ pages of questions like "why don't max CWDT"? Maybe because only you are the great player and we're all just amateurs/trolls?

And I didn't say that your build is bad or something. It just has a certain playstyle and not everybody could complete the endgame with similar gear (except you of course). But you can't take the criticism and behave yourself like a child. The only thing matters that you completed Uber with 4 links a year ago and your guide is the best.

So, I'm sorry for sharing my thoughts about your guide. Won't do this again.

Just to make one thing clear to all that's wondering. This build is still 100% viable for killing shaper and uber atziri. Did countless Shaper runs this league. The one uber atziri run I did so far went smooth and without any trouble. Still an excellent build for clearing end-game content.
So i am looking for a uber lab farmer .... is this a good build only for that on a Budget or are There better build for that ? :)
What make's Tukohama's worth it?

Just got the shield. My gear is similar to yours but I am missing ToS + Sin's rebirth. Having checked tooltip DPS tukohama's three totems is behind in DPS when compared to two totems + aura. And I don't see how two more flasks would somehow make up that difference.

Even then the build claims two million DPS yet at most I think I could hit 1 million DPS with all flasks up.

Unless Ruthless adds hidden tooltip DPS I am just not seeing where the damage comes from.

On to my impressions of the build now.

People have talked about clear speed in the comments, and even the OP has claimed average clear-speed but having gotten some decent gear the clear speed has ramped up significantly, I just charge drop a totem and everything dies.

Two issues with mapping, anything physical that's going to hit you from an exile or boss most of the time with kill you due to Abyssus. Things like the leap slam exile are incredibly difficult to kill with any + damage in a high red map.

Also any reflect simply isn't viable. You can technically do it but you're going to spend 30+ minutes in a 5 minute map.

Overall the build is very good with the only difficulty coming from red tier maps. I am not sold on uber atziri yet but I shall attempt it sometime once I get the other two flasks I need.

Last edited by _Trekka on Aug 17, 2017, 5:06:59 AM
"
WulfgangNSH wrote:
"
Raizdoe wrote:
Hey guys,

Level 64 here, following the low budget tree. So far I was leveling up with Sunder, yesterday I finaly got Ancestral Bond and can now play with 2 totems. Before that I was ONE SHOTING EVERYTHING !! so with shield charge... I was going really fast and I was enjoying it a lot.

Now with the 2 totems... O M G I'm the slowest char ever... The time it takes to hit my keyboard key to place a totem and watch the animation before it starts attacking... There is like 1/2 secs delay ? jeez... What I've I done... Also I see that the skill tree doesn't take totemic zeal to prevent this slow animation... I'm I missing something ? Will it get better later ?

Thx

Eh, it's going to be a slower build. While it may be frustrating right now, you are also exceptionally more resilient/safer than many of the faster builds when it comes to very difficult fights. When I used to play Cyclone, there were certain map bosses I dreaded and generally skipped; there isn't one in this game pre-T16 I feel that way about with AW.

I've played King of the Forest to 90 (one of the faster builds in the game pre-3.0) and I hit 90 on this last night. Very different playstyles but I have enjoyed both of them.

Best suggestion I have is to move Totem to right click, Shield Charge left click, and just fly around the map placing a totem then zooming to the next. Once you get into a rhythm, the speed is not bad, just don't wait to watch every mob die.

"just don't wait to watch every mob die." mhhhhhhhh lol

That is what I do. As said with sunder I OS everything so i can easily pick up the loot and keep going. With AW I shield charge, post my two totems and wait... wait... they attack... attack again... everything dies... But in the meantime I run around the mobs waiting for them to die, sometimes I open a chest or two but I allways stay close to them waiting for the loot.

I'm not confortable at all with the idea of leaving the mobs/totems off my screen... Even if I get used to it I'll come back to see if they looted smth...

I also played a cyclone ranger and I loved it, it was my best experience so far, got me to T11/12 maps, really fast clearspeed, just some troubles killing bosses. I hope even if AW is slower it'll get me to T12+.

Thx for the tips :)
"
_Trekka wrote:
What make's Tukohama's worth it?

Just got the shield. My gear is similar to yours but I am missing ToS + Sin's rebirth. Having checked tooltip DPS tukohama's three totems is behind in DPS when compared to two totems + aura. And I don't see how two more flasks would somehow make up that difference.

Even then the build claims two million DPS yet at most I think I could hit 1 million DPS with all flasks up.

Unless Ruthless adds hidden tooltip DPS I am just not seeing where the damage comes from.

On to my impressions of the build now.

People have talked about clear speed in the comments, and even the OP has claimed average clear-speed but having gotten some decent gear the clear speed has ramped up significantly, I just charge drop a totem and everything dies.

Two issues with mapping, anything physical that's going to hit you from an exile or boss most of the time with kill you due to Abyssus. Things like the leap slam exile are incredibly difficult to kill with any + damage in a high red map.

Also any reflect simply isn't viable. You can technically do it but you're going to spend 30+ minutes in a 5 minute map.

Overall the build is very good with the only difficulty coming from red tier maps. I am not sold on uber atziri yet but I shall attempt it sometime once I get the other two flasks I need.

I also got very mixed feelings about Tukohama shield.

It simply don't feel like amazing upgrade. Lack of auras is painful.
For no regen maps is good but for rest feels meh. Definitely not worth so insane price.
Theoretically 3 totems = more area coverage, but warchief totems needs to be placed close and don't work offscreen sadly. I feel this shield got wasted potential here.

Last edited by Elua on Aug 17, 2017, 9:10:41 AM
Having played around with Tukohama for about an hour I just came to the conclusion that it wasn't worth it.(Unless there's some insane DPS upgrade with 3 totems ruthless)So I sold it. I decided to use the money to get myself a Taste of Hate and Sin's rebirth to attempt Uber Atziri.

Stats for Uber
- 5800 hp
- 250k DPS with Conc effect in hideout(No flasks up)

The trash is sketchy you need to play extremely cowardly because the serpents will almost one hit you.

Vaals are the hardest boss, I didn't have the DPS to kill them before they went under so there was a ton of dodging.

The Trio was pretty difficult because you need to constantly move and killing anyone but the female first is probably a failed run.

Atziri was actually the easiest by far, the combination of vaal lightning trap + 4 flasks killed the split image very quickly. One VERY IMPORTANT detail is that you need atleast 5500hp to do her, she hit me with one spear and I had barely any HP left, if I had any lower it probably would've killed me.

I died once due to a terrible play. Basically the last boss on trio was almost dead so I charged to the door and died from the smoke.

The build is fun and enjoyable but I would never call it an easy boss killer, there was a ton of dodging needed to be done.

One thing is definitely better when you use Tukohama and you are poor fuck like me with almost no MTX at all: Tukohama looks 300% better :)

Great Old One's looks very ugly.

Spoiler

Last edited by Elua on Aug 17, 2017, 1:27:06 PM
Any advice on getting the colors? Getting all the reds on atziris step and facebreakers costs a TON of chromatics
"
BlackYoshi7 wrote:
Any advice on getting the colors? Getting all the reds on atziris step and facebreakers costs a TON of chromatics

What are the two all red 4L's you're trying to use? CWDT/Duration/IC/Golem can go in the head slot.
Atziri's Step are just a cheap option; going with a good pair of rare armor or armor/EVA boots is fine and easier to color. On the Facebreakers, yeah 4 red is tough, but again I'm not sure why you'd need it.
Last edited by WulfgangNSH on Aug 17, 2017, 2:42:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info