[3.17] The Warchief | [Facebreaker] Ancestral Warchief | Uber Boss Farmer | Beginner -> Expert

"
zazey wrote:
Day 1 sold a RoTF for 35chaos, got a diviners with a void, Abandoned Wealth, Pride before the Fall,
Bought a carcass jack for dark pact and six linked it in 33 fusings.
Sold the carcass for 9 ex, swapped to this build, bought a belly and 6 linked in 129 fusings.
Yesterday, sold the belly for 10 ex, bought another belly for 70c and six linked in 212. Bought a second belly with the leftover 4 ex and six linked in 413 fusings. Sold both, had 20 ex, bought another belly and six linked in 377, bought the shield for 7 ex. Sitting on a few ex debating what to do.

The fact that people spend anything over 6 ex for a 6l is absolutely laughable. I've six linked over 100 items since I've been playing and I would be VERY confident in saying that you will typically 6 link in anywhere between 200-700 fusings. Sure every now and then ive had that 2k+ fusings (only on shavs wrappings and disfavour in my experience). But odds are the easiest money this game has to offer is 6 linked and flipping. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool. Half my guild is made up of people with featured builds of the week and we're all in the same boat, 6 linking is dirt easy and if you can afford 300 fusings you will probably get the 6 link.

I thought the average success of 6L is 1500 fusings. I do not know what to believe anymore.
Hi,

Im new to the game and just leveled to 67 completing all Act's using sunder until around 60 and only spending passive points according to the low budget skillthree in this build, switching from sunder to totem and it went well in the acts, but not in the maps. Just finished the first two (the free and the daily from zana). I died so easy, can anyone in here help me out if its because of my resist that is low, I know.

I know i dont have complete setup, i have some gear pieces(FB bad rolls and sockets), but not all gems, because of bad sockets.
Any suggestions what I can do?

(i set my profile to not hide, hope you can see my character called LottesBH)
"
Accelerater wrote:
Hi,

Im new to the game and just leveled to 67 completing all Act's using sunder until around 60 and only spending passive points according to the low budget skillthree in this build, switching from sunder to totem and it went well in the acts, but not in the maps. Just finished the first two (the free and the daily from zana). I died so easy, can anyone in here help me out if its because of my resist that is low, I know.

I know i dont have complete setup, i have some gear pieces(FB bad rolls and sockets), but not all gems, because of bad sockets.
Any suggestions what I can do?

(i set my profile to not hide, hope you can see my character called LottesBH)

Your problem is life. Get t1 or t2 life rolls on rings, amulet, boots, chest and hemlet. You have almost none.

For maping you must get your res capped!

T1 or T2 life rolls, what is that?
Any suggestion about what items to change for that resist? Rings?
Its just hard to find / buy rings with psy dmg and good resist, any suggestion about what to buy etc.
Seriously..."low budget gear".

On poe.trade for Abyssus I need 35 chaos orb and for Belly of the beast minimum 85 chaos orb (minimum for 2 links lol)

ROFL, where is the "LOW"?

Path of Trade, not Path of Exile.
"
Bedrosian wrote:
Seriously..."low budget gear".

On poe.trade for Abyssus I need 35 chaos orb and for Belly of the beast minimum 85 chaos orb (minimum for 2 links lol)

ROFL, where is the "LOW"?

Path of Trade, not Path of Exile.

its only that high because most other stuff got nerfed and now a huge amout of player play e.g. this build and ofc life builds. that is why the price is so high. all other league it was cheap af
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383
Hideout Community Discord: https://discord.gg/B2xQkmf
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
It's still cheap by comparison. If you get to maps, and do the 2 chaos un-ID'ed rare recipe, you can farm up that much in a day or two.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
"
Astrohawke wrote:
"
zazey wrote:
2 - Using in-game testing on Uber Lab, as well as a few hours on PathOfBuilding, I firmly believe the optimal setup of gems at min-max is as follows:
Ancestral Warchief - Damage on Full Life - Melee Phys - Brutality - Ruthless - Conc Effect/ IncAOE
Reasoning: With the min-max tree we pick up virtually 0 attack speed, our totems attack at roughly 2.3-2.4 attacks per second without faster attacks, and 2.9-3.1 APS with faster attacks. The attack speed is way to low to scale damage off of, so by losing .6 second APS and gaining 50% MORE damage we gain roughly 25-45k additional dps over faster attacks at perfect gear.

Note: The tooltip ingame for ruthless is wrong, and doesn't calculate the third hit properly.

There's no way Brutality is good for dps. You lose all the damage from Hatred and Herald of Ash. But you're right about inc attack speed being a suboptimal gem slot. On PoB, the most DPS is from Ancestral Warchief - Damage on Full Life - Melee Phys - Maim - Ruthless - Conc Effect/ IncAOE.

However, in practice, damage on full life may not be active all the time. To me, this is a CI gem so it may be worth using inc aspd over that in a 6 link anyway.

I am in virtually full bis with tukohama's fortress shield, which gives blood magic, so you dump the auras. Which is kinda why I was wondering if tukohama's is a DPS upgrade. From the tooltip in game it's a complete downgrade, from PathofBuilding it's also a complete downgrade. However, brutality is an updgrade almost universally until you run taste of hate. Anyone have any insight on the tukohama's situation?

Also, in game, and on PoB added fire is beating faster attacks at all levels.
Last edited by zazey on Aug 9, 2017, 7:51:28 AM
Ok I need some help here guys.

POB shows max dps with AW/Melee Phys Damage/Added Fire/Ruthless/Damage full life/Conc Effect.

Faster attacks tanks my dps in EVERY case in POB and shuffling around maim and brutality is useless.

Did you find another setup that can max out higher? I really don't wanna try to roll 5 red/ 1 blue on my belly, that shits hard.

Edit: The dps with brutality is lower even when you use the "high budget" blood magic version, so no elemental damage with auras.
Last edited by mickygotbigballs on Aug 9, 2017, 8:55:27 AM
"
Ok I need some help here guys.

POB shows max dps with AW/Melee Phys Damage/Added Fire/Ruthless/Damage full life/Conc Effect.

Faster attacks tanks my dps in EVERY case in POB and shuffling around maim and brutality is useless.

Did you find another setup that can max out higher? I really don't wanna try to roll 5 red/ 1 blue on my belly, that shits hard.

Edit: The dps with brutality is lower even when you use the "high budget" blood magic version, so no elemental damage with auras.

So I've been playing around with it. I've been testing with the High Budget build since I've managed to obtain a tukohama's.
The best setup is indeed AM/Melee Phys / Added Fire / Rutheless / Dmg on Full Life / Conc effect.
At no point in either setup is faster attacks better, unless we start stacking some serious attack speed on the tree which isn't really an option.

I am virtually at a point where I think that tukohama's is a downgrade over Great Old One's. And here's why:

From a survivability perspective, we lose about 500-800 life on the top end, and around 5% phys reduction.

Going endurance charges is effectively pointless, we can grab some more totem nodes / or even grab endurance charges between level 95-100 if you want but realistically you should never rely on them.

From a damage perspective, In virtually GGG gear through PoB and even just the gear I have on now (character sheet - TheBrokenPact) I lose anywhere from 30-120k dps with tukohama's. This is with -30k dps at current gear, and roughly -120k dps with GGG jewelry, jewels, perfect rolled gear as well, and 40% AW enchant on abyssus.

So I'll reiterate again, if someone can put down the math of why tukohama's is a DPS upgrade I would love to see it, otherwise I am selling this shield asap.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info