[2.6][HC-SC]CHAMPION inexpensive Cyclone.League starter build.Uberlab farmer

Hello,

i am playing your build for four days now and it's doing a very good Job. I have one question. Why do you use "Iron Reflexes" on the Passive Skill Tree? I read about how armor and Evasion works and tried to understand the mechanics.
And as far as i understand does armor reduce physical damage and Evasion gives a Chance to not get hit by physical damage?!?

So why do we don't want to evade? Or is it because we want to get realy high armor to better reduce very high amount of physical hits?
Does Evasion lead to CWDT be triggered less?

For Example: Is 5000 (+-1000) armor and 5000 (+-1000) Evasion better or worse than 10000 armor?

thanks in advance.

Greetings
Last edited by bapre1980 on Jan 7, 2017, 7:40:46 AM
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
884725xx wrote:
How's this build in the current meta? i know that there's an spoiler on page 1 that says that cyclone is buffed due the melee range increase but really wanna see opinions of the build. Currently running a flame blast totem elementalist but breaches are hard as hell and wanna make a tanky build that can make uber lab farm, since EQ is too boring to me.

In my opinion, it feels underpowered. I don't like using warlord mark as a curse. I mean, why, when we using almost pure phys damage with hatred, we can spec life and mana leech from the tree.
If i faced against totems in maps (those tiny guys and large ones in kaom's dream), i have no other choice but to skip them, cause they are immune to curses and one-two cyclone just decimate my mana pool.
And most important, damage, it's really underwhelming. You can get much more damage with fire conversion ngamahu's flame.
And lastly, what's the point to go for "Some crit", but not full crit? I think someone already asked that, but i'm, being a noob, thought that it would be still ok. But now i know, there is NO point.
With only 25% crit and 280% multi, it will be only 45% increase in damage, in comparison to no crit at all. I know that it's still sound pretty good, but for what price? For starters, those rapiers are expensive. Moreover, that multi comes mostly from rapiers, it makes me think that it is such a waste to use that awesome implicit in not crit build. Not to mention that 89% chance to hit is not that great, and even further decimate your critical strike chance (cause double roll on accuracy).
Resolute technique by itself will boost that damage by 12%, and you can forget about need to get that strange accuracy on helm and gloves (because without it, you will miss really alot)

I may be wrong, so no need to call me noob, i know that. Just saying that build which considered as noob friendly didn't get it for me. I started flame totems next and it was tankier, safer, more damage and in some cases even faster, so for me it certanly was a wrong choice.
If you don't have currency - use ngamahu's flame build. If you have currency - use atziri disfavour with poison mechanics or something like that. That build is too expensive to be for beginners, and too underwhelming to be for serious bosses and red maps.

P.S. the thing about "don't need voidheart, because it already have enough damage" is bull. There is no thing like "enough damage", especially when lack of it you can see even against izaro, who takes pretty long considered that it was culled.
It's not like you don't need voidheart, it's more like, you can't use voidheart with that build and this is real difference.

Strange, i did up yo t7 maps with mostly selffound gear, i bought 5link at the start of the breach and pretty much everything else i had was selffound. I ran lower maps till i got enough currency to purchase some weapon upgrades and still they were like under 10c price, if you can't find that little currency then you are doing something wrong. I used Hc tree to start the league and are about to change that now more for the link he posted for Sc. Atm my gear is ofc more expensive and maybe even beyond someones dreams but i'm a huge noob at this game so if i can do this, everyone can. Currently the prbblem for me is survivability, i have put too much effort in damage and not enough in HP so i only have like 5k life, but i can still do t13 maps easly. 80k dps with iaoe and 130k with concentrated effect, which i use for bosses.
My point was, it is very noobfriendly build, i didn't feel lacking any damage
What i actually do lack is survivability and I just don't know how to improve it.
My gear atm is here, i'm killing everything with ease in t13 maps, but bosses are just too much for me and by that i mean oneshots happen too often.
I don't have taste of hate.

Do you got oneshots mainly from physical damage?

If that's the case, Abyssus is most likely your issue.
It also has no life wich makes you a little more suspectible to oneshots of any nature.
Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way.
Yeah like Izaro in Ulab and Voll in Wasteland map, even the Goat in Gorge can oneshot me if the map has ridic mods, before that i can pretty much sweep the gorge with no issues. Probably Abyssus then, but the dam is too good to swap it out now. I'm at 6k life atm, mostly capped res, cold is 65% in ele weakness maps i think, maybe it's better now. Thought of getting Coil but Carcass Jack just seems so much better option since i'd really love to clear bigger packs with one go.
I'm also not too happy with Abyssus in some situations, but I'm yet to upgrade my other gear. I use Wyrmsign, Le Heup of All, Bloodgrip, Wurm's Molt now - need to switch lots of things to nice Rares.

Tanel468, I've got interestd in that Perseverance you use, may I ask a few things:
1. Do you use it with Iron Reflexes (which negates damage bonus,yeah?) ?
2. DO you get permanent onslaught (due to Fortitude)?

Do you like using it for this build overall?
Onslaught is permanent, dunno about damage really since i have enough for mapping, some bosses like Dark Forest are a real pain for me but that is probably the survive ability issue gain.

And yes i like it a lot, more attack speed and movement speed is very helpful with cyclone.
Last edited by Tanel468 on Jan 24, 2017, 12:26:22 PM
"
Tanel468 wrote:
Onslaught is permanent, dunno about damage really since i have enough for mapping, some bosses like Dark Forest are a real pain for me but that is probably the survive ability issue gain.

And yes i like it a lot, more attack speed and movement speed is very helpful with cyclone.

Lol,i like how you saying about dark forest map,cause my hero died lvl 92 exactly on Dark forest map in fight with boss.
So I did comparisons between the 2.5 build and the 2.6 tree and the change notes that were listed. From what i can tell, there were only 2 differences and all in all, our build is way stronger for crit and more efficient and we have room to invest into new nodes.

Thick Skin, used to require 3 points to allocate, now only require 2 now. Since we aren't going for graceful assault, we can possibly re invest the node somewhere else or simply swap the 4% life we would have gotten for 5% life at the Constitution life cluster.

Graceful assault is now where Fatal Blade used to be, and Fatal blade has replaced Slashing Comeback position, right next to Brutal Blade. Now, "Slashing comback... have been merged" is a bit missleading. While removing Slashing from the tree buffed BB and the nodes that lead to Brutal Blade, Fatal blade recieved no buffs from its new location, but the nodes leading to it are vastly more efficient. BB was buffed, [and counting the node buffs leading up to it], it now has 10% inc phys dmg with swords (44 from 34) and 4% block chance while dual wld. The nodes required to spec Fatal Blade were buffed, contingently because of its new position change and the loss of options to invest 5 instead of 4. But it is a buff for us since we opted for the 4 noode path and the nodes act as if they merged with the other half of the circle for fatal blade. So the nodes now give additionally 24% crit strike multiplier with swords and the +10 dex node that would have been the bridge between Thick Skin is now 10% increased Phys dmg and 20% increased crit strike chance.

It is not contingent for the lv 91 build to take Slashing ComeBack and since BB and FB were buffed from it being taken out, we kinda sorta have a weaker version of SC without specking into it, which is definitly more efficient but we need to experiment on where the extra nodes should go since the final build did eventually pick up SC.

If we continue to use the exact same path for the tree, we definitly got a buff, but some other sword nodes were buffed also, so it may be up to OP or how much u want to experiment and change up the tree to test out the changes that didnt effect the 2.5 tree.

What i think the new 2.6 tree will look like with 5 extra nodes (lv 115):

http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAOsEAABzuR0V7Irw6UbEgsqQhNlHfr02ZU2-p2BBY3ALwVeXQzG_1VO7RJ4hYMGLgUE17zrtdPEppdrBdO0FLXrvLlPTbxjbFHVbrw2Nh3ZKfRX2YnkABvzF7g6jiiP2TZKNfTB81FLL9TGw3L3nD3SgBqIX3AYgsbMbrQSxexQMc5VmA4fTfn11_rpRRzfU7T_nVCT9_94B3HfjqW7AGm87eA218jWS2L3-CvJF_o9uqkrIeWjBBF8_9kiMzz38WGPG2BQg7w5QR-RRGj7yL3y4KS7xrFcN85toZdIh8kGCB9l82WGtjc9-dqwAAAAAAA==

Besides finding out where to invest the 5 extra points, i was wondering just how essential the 5% life nodes by constitution are, and if it is worth changing the position of the nodes so that the extra passive we saved from Thick Skin would go into Path of The warrior, right next to the life nodes ( 12 increased phys dmg, 10 to armor, 20 to str) assuming we are just finding filler nodes to speck into at that level.
[TLDR. -10 dex -4 increased max life for 1 less passive requirement, 20% phys dmg with swords, 4% block chance while dual wld, 24% crit strike multiplyer and 20% increased Crit strike chance with swords. We have a total of 5 extra nodes that i wouldnt know here to allocate.]

Last edited by 1412 on Mar 2, 2017, 9:43:06 PM
It's worth to take Resolute technique? It's only two points away.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info