[old build] Doomfletch's Prism Elementalist (Budget and strong) [Top30 PHC]

How does this compare to an EA build?

For example https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1461017 . I really like the high hp \ regen \ speed from that build. I can also run double Ventor's Gamble.
Last edited by foojin on Jun 30, 2016, 2:46:34 PM
"
foojin wrote:

For example https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1461017 . I really like the high hp \ regen \ speed from that build. I can also run double Ventor's Gamble.

Higher damage without the delay. EA has other benefits (defense, gear flexibility) but for speed clearing it's not as fast as this build.
IGN: @Oos
Haven't played a bow build in a while and since my Blade Vortex Flaskfinder isn't as much fun as I thought it would be, I'll roll with this build.
Now I'm sitting on some expensive flasks I'd like to use.
I'm sure I'd switch out the basalt for a Taste of Hate, shouldn't be a problem, but who knows maybe the extra evasion roll on the basalt is worth more.
I still got a Vinktars though and I feel like trying to utilize it isn't going to be worthwhile, I'd had to sacrifice the extra movement speed on a quicksilver together with a curse immune flask just to be able to use vinktars, which I'm also not sure if I'd be able to sustain, due of the amount of charges it consumes. Also the shock from vinktars shouldn't be noticeable since we got the points in to elemental conflux.
So I wanted to hear your opinion on running a flask setup consisting of the two usual life flasks a taste of hate, vinktars and a shock immune quicksilver.

Also I'd be able to utilize this ring of mine :)

Last edited by Mukaujoka on Jun 30, 2016, 5:45:53 PM

i liked you build , help my build is fine ?
Hey Oos, thanks for this, i was hoping you could help me, or anyone else for that sake with a math question in terms of buying the best bow...

I'll use some random numbers to make it easier to understand. Lets assume for a second that attack speed isn't "superior" because it helps clearing fast...

If a bow had 100dps with 1.5aps

and another bow 100dps with 1.6aps

Will they with everything else multiplied ( phys add, attack speed, ele dmg and such from gear) be equal in damage or will the 1.6aps one be better? I can't get my head around this.

Also its hard to figure when a bow is better because of the added elemental dmg% aswell.

Cheers man.
Last edited by bazzzzzzz on Jun 30, 2016, 7:59:31 PM
"
Oos wrote:

"
Build is fuckin nutso.

I'm clearing shit with no problems.

My

Really nice gear man. Just 6L and 20/20 gem min-maxing left :D

Thanks.

This is the second time I've played one of your builds, haha. Really enjoyed the KB Shadow back in Bloodlines, and this one is just as fun, if not more so!

Good work on the build and thanks for sharing :)
Here's a live stream currently of the build in action (using tornado shot)

https://www.twitch.tv/madvector
Hello from the Smash side of things! Would you recommend ele weak on hit gloves, such as snakebite? Also another solution to single target I've found to work well for myself is just swapping split arrow with barrage for bosses.
Last edited by Kazuma180 on Jul 1, 2016, 12:12:58 AM
"
Oos wrote:
"
foojin wrote:

Higher damage without the delay. EA has other benefits (defense, gear flexibility) but for speed clearing it's not as fast as this build.

Thanks for the reply.

What about singletarget? Looking at some concerns posted earlier in the thread about Izaro.
"
Mukaujoka wrote:
Haven't played a bow build in a while and since my Blade Vortex Flaskfinder isn't as much fun as I thought it would be, I'll roll with this build.
Now I'm sitting on some expensive flasks I'd like to use.
I'm sure I'd switch out the basalt for a Taste of Hate, shouldn't be a problem, but who knows maybe the extra evasion roll on the basalt is worth more.
I still got a Vinktars though and I feel like trying to utilize it isn't going to be worthwhile, I'd had to sacrifice the extra movement speed on a quicksilver together with a curse immune flask just to be able to use vinktars, which I'm also not sure if I'd be able to sustain, due of the amount of charges it consumes. Also the shock from vinktars shouldn't be noticeable since we got the points in to elemental conflux.
So I wanted to hear your opinion on running a flask setup consisting of the two usual life flasks a taste of hate, vinktars and a shock immune quicksilver.

Also I'd be able to utilize this ring of mine :)

Taste of Hate would be great. Vinktars maybe a little overkill but the leech would be nice.

"
wPedr0 wrote:

i liked you build , help my build is fine ?

Bow you should probably Divine for higher flat phys, but save that until later.
Helmet is fine, could maybe use an accuracy roll.
Gloves could use a flat phys and attack speed roll, move res to other gear.
Rings are ok, could use more life, could master craft res/life.
Belt should be replaced for a %WED Rustic Sash.
Everything else is fine. Overall you have great starter gear but it can be min-maxed.

"
bazzzzzzz wrote:
Hey Oos, thanks for this, i was hoping you could help me, or anyone else for that sake with a math question in terms of buying the best bow...

I'll use some random numbers to make it easier to understand. Lets assume for a second that attack speed isn't "superior" because it helps clearing fast...

If a bow had 100dps with 1.5aps

and another bow 100dps with 1.6aps

Will they with everything else multiplied ( phys add, attack speed, ele dmg and such from gear) be equal in damage or will the 1.6aps one be better? I can't get my head around this.

Also its hard to figure when a bow is better because of the added elemental dmg% aswell.
Cheers man.

Prioritise the flat phys roll over everything. The attack speed roll on Doomflecth isn't too important and you can get attack speed elsewhere.

"
Kazuma180 wrote:
Hello from the Smash side of things! Would you recommend ele weak on hit gloves, such as snakebite? Also another solution to single target I've found to work well for myself is just swapping split arrow with barrage for bosses.

Yeah that would be a great corruption, Vulnerability on hit would work well too.
Good idea on the Barrage swap.

"
foojin wrote:
"
Oos wrote:
"
foojin wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

What about singletarget? Looking at some concerns posted earlier in the thread about Izaro.

I addressed the single target issues on page 6 (or earlier?). I'll add it to the main topic later today. For Izaro LA+GMP + Frostwall seems like the best option.
IGN: @Oos

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info