[old build] Doomfletch's Prism Elementalist (Budget and strong) [Top30 PHC]

Been thinking of a variation of this build with lot more defense from life/armor nodes (and appropriate armor gear). Not sure how viable it is so if someone would check the tree I made I'd be grateful.
The idea is based on playing on PrHC and I believe that armor is better for defense and more life is also quite necessary. Having ~4.5k life at 80+ is just not enough for big burst damage that passes through evasion/dodge.
I also really like double curse (temp chains + enfeeble) plus having arctic armor and that's why I took the +8% mana reduction nodes. The second curse will prolly come from doedre's ring.

For mana I'll use a mana leech jewel. At 90+ there are more elemental damage nodes available and/or more jewel nodes.
"
teketoria wrote:
Been thinking of a variation of this build with lot more defense from life/armor nodes (and appropriate armor gear). Not sure how viable it is so if someone would check the tree I made I'd be grateful.
The idea is based on playing on PrHC and I believe that armor is better for defense and more life is also quite necessary. Having ~4.5k life at 80+ is just not enough for big burst damage that passes through evasion/dodge.
I also really like double curse (temp chains + enfeeble) plus having arctic armor and that's why I took the +8% mana reduction nodes. The second curse will prolly come from doedre's ring.

For mana I'll use a mana leech jewel. At 90+ there are more elemental damage nodes available and/or more jewel nodes.

This just looks inefficient to me.
1. You have very little dex from tree, requiring you to either get it on jewel nodes or gear, sacrificing more important mods.
2. You gain 26% increased maximum life, but at what cost? You dont get acrobatics, you don't get phase acro.
3. No Art of the Gladiator.
4. Less damage, less frenzy charges, less ele dmg/penetration.
5. Less jewel nodes overall.

Mana leech isn't that big of an issue. Mana leech enchant on boots is quite common and allows you to save a point on tree.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAABeAx4EBwUtBbUILgj0DY0RLxGBEzUWvxekGY4fAh9BIvQj0yP2JpUqWysKLR8uUzBxMHw2PTbFN9Q6QjpYPs9DMUZSR35KfUt4TLNM_02STipQQlFHUuxTNVRHVK5VS1XGVkhW-loaW69d8mHiYqxjp2VNZ6BqQ2sXa3psC2yMdO11y3rvfXV90oJeg9uE2Yd2ivCMNo19jX6Nv5MnlSCdqp7EoS-jiqa-sKu0xbVIt7a86r02vea-ir6nwFTC7MMzxILIv9Af02_TftQH1CPYJNrB3I3dRt2o34rjn-lG6mLrY-0_7YPuDu967-v8TPzF_ro=

This is my current tree, you can compare and contrast.
Next level I am planning to remove either a life leech node or the life node by Thick Skin in exchange for +1 frenzy near Blood Drinker.
Currently level 94 with 5.7k life. 20% phys dmg reduction with 3 endurance charges up at all times, 53% evasion, 46% attack dodge, 30% spell dodge.
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
Im not sure if you have tried this build with dyadian dawn belt..... it actually works.

Confirmed makes the burn dot a absolute joke. 1 Hit burn run and done.

Further testing

The original build i feel is much better when it comes to just blasting everything on screen, it also seems to do better in most boss fights.

However with added burn dmg, Dyadian burn could be quite usefull for reflect maps, if for some reason you didnt go elementalist.
Last edited by undeadsoldier79 on Aug 12, 2016, 6:51:27 PM
HI,
in this moment i have this setup:

Spoiler

There is my Tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAABeBS0FtQguCPQNjREvEYEWvxmOIvQj0yP2JpUqWysKMHEwfDY9OkI-z0MxRlJHfkp9S3hM_02STipQQlFHUuxTNVRHVK5VS1b6W69d8mHiYqxjp2VNZ6BqQ2sXa3psC2yMbRl07XXLeu99dX3Sgl6E2Yd2ivCMNo19jX6Nv49gkyedqp7Eo4qmvrCrtMW86r02vea-p8BUwUnC7MSCyL_I3M2Y037UB9Qj1ljawdvn3I3dRt2o34rjn-lG6mLrY-2D7g7vevxM_MX-ug==?accountName=emix86&characterName=Ardyll

But i have much less damage then you.. I have 1.7k DPS on Split arrow and not have clear speed simil to you.. WHY???

The bow have 5 link and 6 socket.. i have not included faster attack now (less velocity but more damage).

I start with Grace and Artic armor.

Two little question for the 3d starter.
What is the weapon effect on bow? What is the armor pack ?

Ty to response.
its a nice build clearspeed wise.. i made one.. my only prob was with bosses.. single target are so hard to kill with conflux off.. tier 7 terrace boss and and a few tier 10+ bosses are just wont die if i dont have conflux on..
Thanks for the build. :)
Last edited by roun on Aug 27, 2016, 2:15:21 AM
"
anonymous890 wrote:
Is there any merit to getting Forces of Nature in this build?

NVM just looked at the full completed tree xd

Is there an estimate of how significant this node is to the damage ? I suppose the 6% penetration is nice for yellows and bosses ?
As someone who started out PoE this league and took on this build as my first "serious" build, I have to say that this bow completely ruined my expectation of all other builds in this game.

Its end-game potential is not as high as other min-maxed builds, but I don't think I've tried any other build that is as cost effective or levels as easily as this bow. Essentially, at level 40, you have a bow that one shots mobs up until yellow maps.
Reading the patch notes for Essence league, they've significantly changed how conflux work.

Would be interesting to have the opinion of the community here on whether it ruins the build or not.
I also would like to know if this build is still viable on 2.4

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info