[old build] Doomfletch's Prism Elementalist (Budget and strong) [Top30 PHC]

Hey guys, I've quit the game until next season. Frogt about the thread but I'll answer some questions from the last few pages.

Something that's been asked a lot is single target, it;s fine in maps but yeah Izaro is the only hard fight. It's easy if he has the portals fight tho. Use slower projectiles instead of faster attacks for 5L.

And tooltip is bugged just ignore it.

"
Sinnerrr wrote:
Hey @Oos , we have Daresso's Defiance armour but why u use Enduring Cry ?

It's just there because I have free gem slots, very rarely used, only in harder boss fights.

"
SSF_Sebeke wrote:
@Oos What's best, flat ele rolls or %wed on jewellry? I'd think wed beats flat but you have flat on your rings, just because its cheaper?

How's single target vs T10 + with your setup?

Also what do you think about Blasphemy temp chains instead of Arctic armour?

WED better than flat in most cases. I prioritised flat phys, adding WED on that is pricey, the flat ele rolls on my gear were either exalted or just there when I bought, I didn't search for them specifically. BiS is high flat phys and WED.

T10+ single target is fine. You can proc conflux vs most bosses.

Blas temp chains is great if you prefer that over AA.

"
Elsien wrote:
Where do you get your Chaos resistance? All I saw on your gear was ele resists.

I've been playing for over 4 years and most my characters have -60 chaos res. I'm not scared of it and haven't come close to dying, but I also play pretty actively/mobile and dodge a lot of shots. ED or chaos bombers can be scary I guess but I'm never too fussed about chaos. Get chaos res if you want.

"
BlaqWolf wrote:
Yeah, I'm having problems with that single target and need to find viable alternatives. I've put my 5l voltaxic in my secondary equip to flip to when I get to bosses, since the lack of mobs gimps the Prolif. I'm not sure if I should using burning arrow (for the DoT) or stick with lightning arrow. I'm not crit build at all, so CoC frostwall isn't really going to work unless I really start juggling gems.

My current gear:

Spoiler

And off hand (gems are still leveling)
Spoiler

Any suggestions?

Yeah, I know that Doomfletch has a crappy damage roll, but it was the only one I had when I got the proph. I've got slightly better ones now, but no repeat of that proph, nor the 5l one to upgrade my current fletch.

And another question - It was suggested that the build uses Increased Weapon Elemental Damage, but everything else physical, since the bow is converting physical damage to elemental.
So would using an Iron Grip support, which increases the bow's physical DPS, not increase overall DPS through the multiplication?
Ex: In the above linked setup I'm using inc Ele, and my tooltip is a (paltry) 1677. Replacing that with a level 1 Iron Grip support increases the tooltip to 1959. Which of the two is being multiplied by the bow, or would both be?

Get more flat phys on gear (gloves, ring), better belt, new doomfletch.

Ignore tooltip, iron grip would be an ok 7th link (lol) but there's arguably better support. It's better raw damage than Faster Attacks, but at that point FAtt would be better for generally attack time/clear speed.

"
tzj2006 wrote:
Awesome build and I'm totally going to try this when get bored of my necromancer spectre build. Would there be any benefit with slotting grand spectrum jewels?

Maybe, you would need a lot of them though, 8+

"
Swireboy wrote:
Hey super nice build.

I have a question. I see you taking frenzy charges in the three but how do you get them ? Just frenzy ? Blood rage ? Others ?

Also i see you pick some elemental damage with weapons in the tree but none on your gear, is there a reason for that ?

Just Blood Rage.

%WED on gear is great but expensive, get it if you can.

"
Curdi wrote:
If you had to use 1 blue support gem, which would it be? Innervate, crit chance or something else?

Added Lighting Damage, or Ele Prolif and drop Beacon of Ruin for Pendulum of Destruction.

"
TommiHelm wrote:
Close, but no cigar I guess ..

Nice build. Definitely fast paced. Single target is fine as long as conflux is up. The second it's gone it's kind of bad, but far from terrible.

Good shit :D
IGN: @Oos
So I joined late into the league because I saw your build - I think I also played your KB Wander (not sure though and too lazy too look up :D)
So far having a blast 85 atm - clearspeed is comparable to my Voltaxic LA char that i played before ascendancy, but the single target is a bit lacking although so far (t9) I managed (hur dur 10s boss fight mimimi^^). I also found quite a bit of $$$ because the build clears so fast - really looking forward to that 6l Faster Attacks. While leveling i managed 400k exp/h in dried lake :) which is really good as I usually stop and grab 80% of the stuff :D.

Gear

Until now I have been to lazy too set up something nice with the gem slots that I have left and also couldn´t be bothered for Inc. duration or stuff like that as I rarely notice the downtime of Vaal haste.
I really enjoyed gearing this char as it was dirt cheap and farmed faster than I could spend the money on it - I might invest in glove/amu/ring/6l in the future but maybe I´ll just keep my gear if stuff keeps dying :D

I am really curious as to how much dps we actually deal - any1 wanna do the math for me? :D

TLDR: Great build, not laggy, beautiful colours. cheap, fast paced, "tanky (5k+ HP)" with big DPS :)
"
Transom wrote:
While leveling i managed 400k exp/h in dried lake

Do you mean 400 thousand or 400 million which is utterly insane since, even with a group of 6 clearing in 60-90 seconds I could only attain 72m/hr.
How does anyone get over 100m/hr anywhere? Even tier 8 maps cleared in 3 minutes didn't break that - granted I could only run 5 in a row before I just got bored to tears.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
The double dip from projectile damage applies on all the damage or only in the burn damage? I'm using the milky doomfletch build because I prefer crit instead of non-crit, but he said that projectile damage doesn't double dip, so i got a little bit confused
I've been doing this build on my first softcore Prophecy character and I'm clearing solo pretty well up to T8. I've cleared Physical and Elemental Reflect, Temp Chains, Elemental Weakness, Vulnerability, and reduced regen (though haven't reached Blood Magic or double reflect, yet). The build is great for clearing when you have both Conflux and Elemental Overload up, but without them your damage goes off a cliff.

I especially struggle to feel significant in parties, even duo with a friend. His damage crushes mine in most cases. This isn't too big of a deal, however I tried doing Atziri for the first time ever and it wasn't even close for me to solo. I died once on trio (unaware of the ground poison, so oops), and Atziri continuously one shotted me in her split phase. :(

I'm wondering if the links for Burning Arrow I'd been using weren't optimal.
Just hit 90 in PHC, great build and really fast.

Gear
@Eninya

I've been doing Up to T14 with the build (using Reach at the moment Though) and I'm not even using Elemental Overload..

I,m more on the LA and Frost Wall+Spell Echo Train for single target damage... DPS buffed is 31k LA and even maps with more life and enfeeble I clean them pretty fast.. Phys Reflect is not a problem because I switch for Doomflect Prism... Ele reflect is not a problem because I switch LA when this happen

I've done some party and my clear speed is similar to other member of the party... Sure this is not top tier for damage, but for the budget of this build, this is pretty damn good
This build is great.
Boss fights while leveling can be slow, but I neglected to level something like Burning Arrow or Puncture or something to swap in for boss kills, managed to get to 83 with this build before I ripped to not paying attention (corrupted blood pack - wasn't watching, killed off screen, bled to death)
It got to the point where I was so comfortable that I wasn't watching my life... noob mistake. This is my first HC league I have been through 5 characters including that level 83, and I enjoyed the build so much when it got going that I decided to make it again 2 characters later. The only other build I managed to get above 60 with was EQ Chieftan, and again died to bad habits like having 30 lightning res on vaal oversoul merc act 2, laserbeam hit me (double noob)

All in all thank you for the build, currently lvl 42 saving up for another Doomfletch's Prism.
Trust your gut.
Great build indeed. I mainly use LA now because of the Frost Wall combo for single target/boss.

Spoiler
Just hit lv 90 in P-HC with this build. Damage kinda blows in parties, but solo it's pretty OK. If there's anything I'd like more of it's movement speed - 20 from brinerot is just not enough.
Still need to replace 1 ring and gloves, but don't think I'll bother. 2 more challenges and I quit until next expansion.
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y
Last edited by Gensou on Jul 22, 2016, 10:02:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info