[old build] Doomfletch's Prism Elementalist (Budget and strong) [Top30 PHC]

"
lordpikon wrote:
i think i am in love with your build. Your build is so different from others bow builds and item cost is not even crazy. I love this. GJ

1 exalted got me everything i needed to start and the best part is when u get beacon of ruin in cruel lab that shit makes this build so gewdd
"

Also, what do you think of using a herald? I really like the gloom herald effects so trying to work one into this build somehow!

The OP mentions a way to use a Herald under the Skill Gems section :)

I started my witch yesterday and am quite enjoying it so far. Atm, the one thing I'm doing differently is I am using a Tabula while leveling with both Split Arrow and Ice shot using the same supports. I will probably play around with a couple other gems for single target over the next few days as well.

I have always wondered what could be done with Doomfletch......thanks for posting this build XD!!!
17/04/2021 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3082616/page/1
"We tell people that Path of Exile league starts are a fair playing field for everyone, and we need to actually make sure that is the reality."

A BLATANT LIE by the HMFIIC.
Perhaps GGG should consider a leadership change.
"
sipsi32 wrote:
"
lordpikon wrote:
i think i am in love with your build. Your build is so different from others bow builds and item cost is not even crazy. I love this. GJ

1 exalted got me everything i needed to start and the best part is when u get beacon of ruin in cruel lab that shit makes this build so gewdd

I think I spent a grand total of ~70 chaos (PHC) and I got all of this stuff for the build!

Spoiler

I also got a 20q Split Arrow that's on my character, but that's not too expensive :P
Can confirm risen prices.
Payed 18c for a good phys drillneck yday.

For people worried about single target dps: use vaal burning arrow-trap-gmp-point blanc
It is an awesome boss Killer and also fun to play, it is like throwing a hand grenade.
Hope it works on higher levels too, but now cruel a1 it 1shots every rare mob and its stackable up to 3 times, nice for tough bosses
"
I hope I didn't miss this somewhere, but I'd just like to ask whether you use Split Arrow for bosses too? Wouldn't something like a Barrage setup be even better in that case?

Looking forward to trying the build, just made a new toon for it. :3

You can use a 4L for something, but when I briefly tried Blast Rain/Burning Arrow it wasn't as effective. Vaal Burning Arrow is probably be best option if you want a pure single target 4L.

"
namkro wrote:
how did you died?

Flame Bearers, I saw them from the start, attempted to Blink Arrow away 3 times and each time was blocked by terrain. It was quite a lame death.

"
treshsocket wrote:
Which skill u use for single target? Even full-fire Burning Arrow builds with 186% base attack & Fire Penetration has problems with t10+ bosses/rogue exiles. This build - no crit, no penetration, HOW?

Split Arrow and Conflux, really had no issues.

"
Zed_ wrote:
Hey, do you think prolif-Herald of Ash can be a decent replacement for elementalist bonuses? Wanted to play this weapon as a crit Ranger.

Yeah possibly but it's a completely different setup.

"
Also, what do you think of using a herald? I really like the gloom herald effects so trying to work one into this build somehow!

I use Grace + AA for extra defense. Heralds and DPS auras are fine to use if you want to. This is expanded on in the main post.

IGN: @Oos
"
Well, this build is obviously getting a lot of attention. Doomfletch Prisms went from 4-5c to 20c+. Drillnecks from 5-7c to 20c+.

That's on poe.trade, ofc. I don't know if they're actually selling at that or no.

fated 20 of them, already sold 10, cheapest was the crappiest roll for 10c, high rolls go for 20-25c easily(although i'm online at non peak times, you can prob find them for cheaper at peak hours)

as far as heralds go, i used poachers mark curse on hit with herald of thunder for a while but it was overkill on flask charges, didn't need the generation since all of my flasks have 2 uses

switched to herald of thunder - warlords mark to get more defense instead

i'm running haste cause highest maps i do is t12 and i din't find grace that useful since i have 20k evasion already when i pop jade flask and Haste is just so good for clear speed

key with this build is to let the ingite do its thing, it took me a while to realize i'm shooting way too much, since with elementalist ignite scales of of all your damage it's insane single target

I also took King of the Hill for better ele overload upkeep, i found that i don't get it as often, with just those 3 nodes i can keep it up like 90% of the time while mapping and it has 100% upkeep on bosses
IGN JustifiedF
Yello!
First of all, this build looks ay-may-zing and im looking forward to start leveling it.
I had a question regarding jewels just to make sure, if I roll a jewel with say, phys dmg and fire dmg will I gain effect of both?
nvh im blind I didnt see the drop down explaination of jewels, I put my glasses on now no worries ;)
Last edited by Chridian on Jun 28, 2016, 10:14:45 AM
How do you think this would work with switching out the helmet for a Rat's Nest?
I know you'll lose health and resist, but that move speed and attack speed...

Edit: I'm also playing around with different abilities, this build is great even with GMP+Tornado shot for aoe clearing.
Last edited by Korr122 on Jun 28, 2016, 11:10:08 AM
Rocking the build right now and gotta say. It's pretty ridiculous!! Everything melts like a butter on a pan. Managed to snatch both Doomfletch and Ancient Doom for 1c each so was REALLY budget friendly for me. Thanks for sharing man. If BoTW was still active this would 100% be on :)
Uber Lab viable without problems?
And CI build viable or life is better?
Last edited by pat1441 on Jun 28, 2016, 1:07:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info