[2.3][Prophecy][lvl 96, R28] Mjolner Voll's Juggernaut 6.9k hp, high damage+clear speed, high budget

just played around with elemental overload for a bit, thought it would be pretty much free %more damage, but the fact that you can crit really messes with romira's and i was losing max endurance charges/survivability often.

for example i shield charged a pack in vulnerability/+damage as elemental modded palace map, got pretty much insta-gibbed since endurance charges dropped from 2 crits in a row before that. you mentioned this as a risk in the first post, yeah totally agreed.. it feels like a massive risk since the chance of critting twice in a row even with the minimum crit chance is surprisingly high. having a potential 40% more damage at the cost of being randomly insta-killed when taking heavy damage is not worth it, maybe for uber lab farming when risk of dying to random damage is really low

also got pretty lucky corrupting my romira's ring, got lv 14 flammability which is really nice and helps compensate for the lack of elemental overload/righteous fire
I dont know if anyone could help me.

I tried uber atziri today and I failed. It didn't help that the trio took me 3 portal because I left the dual wielder by mistake. Next time i will leave the titty bitch and self cast IC.

I have a few questions. Atm I am running cwtd at max lvl with IC at max lvl to. Is that a good idea regarding uber atziri? if not, should I go lower?

I am also thinking about adding either a self-cast lvl 20 enfeeble or a 2nd cwdt with enfeeble. Do you guys have any suggestion regarding the level of the curse?

Thank you
To everyone saying the damage is lackluster:

Assuming all your molten projs hit:

6.94 aps on molten (with blood rage and boots enchant).
12 molten strike projs + molten strike attack (13 procs per molten cast).
13.9K tooltip.
Legacy mjolner 50%, 2 discharges (x2).

This totals 1,254k dps, 1,25 million dps.
With fire pen and flammability this is killing Uber Argus in a little more than a second as well as unbuffed izaro phases.

Of course that's theoretical and you only obtain this much dps at packs/extremelly large hitbox mobs (malachai for example) because not all the projectiles actually hit.

The deeps are real if you optimize the build.
EXP past level 97 is an illusion, exile.
I've just hit level 94 with a modified version your build that gets 7 jewel nodes. This is a milestone because level 94 is the last jewel slot in my tree, and I finally have over 7000 HP. I recommend considering my pathing because it will allow for more life and attack speed from jewels. It uses the same gear/gems but does things a little bit differently on the skill+ascendancy tree. I am also curious to hear anyone else's thoughts about these choices.

The modified skill tree:

I changed the pathing to go along the left side of the marauder area, so that you can get the .2% regen per endurance charge node instead of endurance charge duration.
Also, I changed the pathing to the duelist area so you hit the jewel node by Berserking. I've skipped the 4 fire damage nodes (Explosive Impact) above templar for now. The next three levels after 94 can get the 10% spell damage nodes at templar start, and then once you get to 98 you can respec those three and put four points into Explosive Impact. Alternatively, we can take Berserking at 97 instead since we're already pathed to it.

I chose different Ascendancy bonuses - Unbreakable because I don't take Unwavering Stance in the tree. So I get to keep the 16% chance to evade, and gain 750 armour + 3 skill points. It's possible I will later re-spec into Unwavering Stance and Undeniable (attack speed). I have no issues with my AS or DPS, unless maybe it's an Enfeeble + Fire res map.

I have yet to get the attack speed enchant on my boots, I've settled with added cold damage for some time because it's perfect for EE maps. Shield charge + cold damage = -50% fire+lightning res on enemies. Of course it's useless during molten strike. When I start farming uber lab, I will try for the AS% enchant.

Another thing I think is worth noting: I crafted my ring from an ilvl 84 two-stone. The options to buy an int+life+res ring at the time on PHC were non-existent, and likely remain so. I alt'd until I got the best int and life affixes, and on about my 4th try the regal was successful with a +47 cold res. The +ES and +EV mods were useless (wasted) exalt mods.

But really, you don't need to get that much res to be capped without endurance charges. I'm using a belt with basically no res at all, but maximum life roll:

and use two jewels with res to fill in whats missing

and because needing to flask is so rare, and we have so much HP, Forbidden Taste is a perfect choice on this build.

Last edited by luckyshin on Aug 10, 2016, 3:44:35 AM
"
luckyshin wrote:

Your tree basically skips the fire damage/aoe wheel at the templar area and skips Unwavering Stance in favour of getting an extra jewel slot with a slighly different pathing. I find the endurance charge life regen node to be a huge advantage to your tree, but it loses a favorable pathing to Unwavering Stance, wich I'm not confortable giving up (spending an extra point at getting that regen node if you're going RF would be more worth it IMO).

IDK about skipping that fire damage wheel. It gives a very nice total increased boost (55% total) and the unique 5% extra AoE mod. It favours survivability though, wich definitely is a priority for someone playing PHC like you.

Also consider respeccing towards the jewel socket at the division between the templar/witch area when you get an extra level. You lose 16% increased armor (negligible, truly) in favour of 8% increased Ele Dmg and 10 INT.
Last edited by Ridelith on Aug 12, 2016, 8:41:53 AM
what's a good glove enchant from uber lab if not running a +1 gems or ele weakness on hit pair?

currently using commandment of ire which can proc mjolner multiple times with a 50% uptime but wondering if there was something better
Im looking to replace molten strike for a more single target spell. Any recommendations to replace it with?
"
charliewuu wrote:
Im looking to replace molten strike for a more single target spell. Any recommendations to replace it with?

You're support to use Moltenstrike for single target, it's the best skill resulting in the highest number of Discharges.
Wouldn't cyclone work just as well but also dish out more single target dps?
"
charliewuu wrote:
Wouldn't cyclone work just as well but also dish out more single target dps?

No, not even close. No skill comes close to Molten Strike for mjolner single target.

The reason is each projectile that molten strikes makes (the fiery magma balls you see floating around) can proc mjolner when hitting an enemy. With LMP and GMP, this makes up to 10 sources (9 projectiles + melee attack) of mjolner proc each time you attack with molten strike (13 if you have the +3 molten projectile enchant). If you have the same APS on cyclone and molten strikes this means molten strike will trigger mjolner at least 10 times more compared to cyclone.
Last edited by Ridelith on Aug 14, 2016, 8:16:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info