[2.5] ♛神聖戰士♛ INDPEPTH GUIDE CRIT STAFF MARAUDER/DUELIST 1.6MIL DPS DOUBLE MALACHAI DEATHLESS +VIDS♛

"
HuXiao wrote:
Passionate people are the best.
Great guide. Thumbs up!

Thanks I appreciate it :D
"
15107514 wrote:
"
Sepatum wrote:
I think it's the worst layout of a guide that I have ever read

Ty.
I would appreciate if you let me know what I should improve on thanks :)

Not the person who wrote this but I do think it's a bit confusing. You try to get a lot of information across an d you add information frequently so the message and space can get kind of cluttered. I think one possible way to organize that would be clearer is to

1) lay the basic premise of the build that holds true across all ascendancy classes. Such as passive tree, gear, flasks. You can mention variations too but don't go too in depth up here I think or it's just cluttered.

1.5) providing information comparing the different skills would be nice here. Just put this somewhere

2) briefly describe pros/cons of the ascendancies

3) create 3 spoilers containing information specific to each ascendancy class, and in this
a) first the intro or whatever you have, and you could still include a more indepth pros/cons of the class
Then all under spoilers
b) ascendancy points, explanations, etc
c) passive trees, describe why you made the small variations in the trees
d) gear, guidelines. can just copy paste between sections and tweak. Should try to cover more info on gear if possible though. Or if you have common ground in all trees put it up top in the first section
e) flasks

The use of a lot of bold also isn't good design practice either, but I understand what you're trying to achieve. If you have something you'd like to emphasize, I would just perhaps bold key phrases or portions of sentences. Only if it's very important would I bold a whole sentence. I would probably never bold a whole paragraph - maybe once in the entire page if I was trying to drive something home. I also probably wouldn't repeat the same concept more than 2 times, maybe 3 if its super important. I don't think I'd ever use all caps for more than 1-2 words or perhaps a phrase.

Back to back massive pictures that are just there to look cool aren't great either.

Here's a long running build that is in part so popularized because of how well organized and thorough it is: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/104198

You take a similar style to his, where you can run a variety of skills and ascendancies, so you end up having a lot of information. I don't the the infographics he uses are a necessity - you could just describe those in text, but just make sure design space is clean.

I think it's great how into your guide you are so I thought maybe you'd appreciate some constructive criticism for once. It's all up to you though - this is just an example I thought of off the top of my head. I do think neversink's guide is one of the best organized LARGE guides I've seen though.
Last edited by PosteriorPounder on Aug 2, 2016, 3:11:55 AM
"
"
15107514 wrote:
"
Sepatum wrote:
I think it's the worst layout of a guide that I have ever read

Ty.
I would appreciate if you let me know what I should improve on thanks :)

Not the person who wrote this but I do think it's a bit confusing. You try to get a lot of information across an d you add information frequently so the message and space can get kind of cluttered. I think one possible way to organize that would be clearer is to

1) lay the basic premise of the build that holds true across all ascendancy classes. Such as passive tree, gear, flasks. You can mention variations too but don't go too in depth up here I think or it's just cluttered.

1.5) providing information comparing the different skills would be nice here. Just put this somewhere

2) briefly describe pros/cons of the ascendancies

3) create 3 spoilers containing information specific to each ascendancy class, and in this
a) first the intro or whatever you have, and you could still include a more indepth pros/cons of the class
Then all under spoilers
b) ascendancy points, explanations, etc
c) passive trees, describe why you made the small variations in the trees
d) gear, guidelines. can just copy paste between sections and tweak. Should try to cover more info on gear if possible though. Or if you have common ground in all trees put it up top in the first section
e) flasks

The use of a lot of bold also isn't good design practice either, but I understand what you're trying to achieve. If you have something you'd like to emphasize, I would just perhaps bold key phrases or portions of sentences. Only if it's very important would I bold a whole sentence. I would probably never bold a whole paragraph - maybe once in the entire page if I was trying to drive something home. I also probably wouldn't repeat the same concept more than 2 times, maybe 3 if its super important. I don't think I'd ever use all caps for more than 1-2 words or perhaps a phrase.

Back to back massive pictures that are just there to look cool aren't great either.

Here's a long running build that is in part so popularized because of how well organized and thorough it is: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/104198

You take a similar style to his, where you can run a variety of skills and ascendancies, so you end up having a lot of information. I don't the the infographics he uses are a necessity - you could just describe those in text, but just make sure design space is clean.

I think it's great how into your guide you are so I thought maybe you'd appreciate some constructive criticism for once. It's all up to you though - this is just an example I thought of off the top of my head. I do think neversink's guide is one of the best organized LARGE guides I've seen though.

Hey thank you so much for this I really appreciate the feedback.
Though there is an issues am currently facing atm.
Spoilers don't seem to work at in my guide anymore. I think this is due to large wall of text I messaged a GM but he said he couldn't do anything about and i should of made a reserve should for the guide.

Anyways am going to organize it to the best I can. Thanks once again for the feedback
!Guide updated

missing information or information wanted just pm or leave me a reply
"
15107514 wrote:
Spoilers don't seem to work at in my guide anymore. I think this is due to large wall of text I messaged a GM but he said he couldn't do anything about and i should of made a reserve should for the guide.

Anyways am going to organize it to the best I can. Thanks once again for the feedback

Dude this is amazing, hugely cleaner now. Yeah some spoiler boxes would help improve it some more but it's actually pretty well organized right now.

Maybe make the table of contents a little clearer, since you talk about possible gems and flask and gear early, which is great, but it's not quite in the right order. Maybe something like:

(Note: new player intro at the bottom)

Table of contents
============================
- Overview
- Attack choice
... etc

side notes:

Gearing: Maybe jewels first if you want to emphasize it, then gear, then flasks - I feel like it's weird to talk about gear last but maybe its just me. I get that you're trying to emphasize jewels though. Also maybe include costs right after gearing?

I think maybe have gem links after attack choices, and have a spoiler showing the 6L for each attack for each attack gem? Or at least have attack choice and gem links a bit closer together, starting with attacks, then auras/leapslam/golem/cwdt etc.

You have a general pros/cons of the build which is great. But I feel like that would be especially fittingat the top of your build, right after your intro, instead of after all this other stuff. Videos higher would also be good, so that people who have short attention spans can look at that immediately rather than towards the end.

'basic guide' should probably be higher and not after the bosses guide. Bosses guide would be super cool if you could minimize each boss into one spoiler, but if you can't get spoilers to work then can't really do anything about that lol. Is it because of all the images maybe?

Also you have an extra [/b] at the very end :)
"
"
15107514 wrote:

Dude this is amazing, hugely cleaner now. Yeah some spoiler boxes would help improve it some more but it's actually pretty well organized right now.

Maybe make the table of contents a little clearer, since you talk about possible gems and flask and gear early, which is great, but it's not quite in the right order. Maybe something like:

(Note: new player intro at the bottom)

Table of contents
============================
- Overview
- Attack choice
... etc

side notes:

Gearing: Maybe jewels first if you want to emphasize it, then gear, then flasks - I feel like it's weird to talk about gear last but maybe its just me. I get that you're trying to emphasize jewels though. Also maybe include costs right after gearing?

I think maybe have gem links after attack choices, and have a spoiler showing the 6L for each attack for each attack gem? Or at least have attack choice and gem links a bit closer together, starting with attacks, then auras/leapslam/golem/cwdt etc.

You have a general pros/cons of the build which is great. But I feel like that would be especially fittingat the top of your build, right after your intro, instead of after all this other stuff. Videos higher would also be good, so that people who have short attention spans can look at that immediately rather than towards the end.

'basic guide' should probably be higher and not after the bosses guide. Bosses guide would be super cool if you could minimize each boss into one spoiler, but if you can't get spoilers to work then can't really do anything about that lol. Is it because of all the images maybe?

Also you have an extra [/b] at the very end :)

Hey thank you so much once again. I'll be sure to fix these changes thanks for the suggestion :)
very passionate player . :D but I think instead of using BOLD letter you can use normal font which will be much better and try not to use CAPS.
Im playing Ber - EQ RT non-crit with Voidheart on PSC atm and pretty love it but feeling lack of defence. I might respect into IF for extra armour in next few levels.
Learn something new from this guide btw.
Good work.
here is my gear

Spoiler

"
N4Z wrote:
very passionate player . :D but I think instead of using BOLD letter you can use normal font which will be much better and try not to use CAPS.
Im playing Ber - EQ RT non-crit with Voidheart on PSC atm and pretty love it but feeling lack of defence. I might respect into IF for extra armour in next few levels.
Learn something new from this guide btw.
Good work.
here is my gear

Spoiler

Hey thanks i really appreciate it! :)
!updated guide
Hello,

First wanted to thank you very much for build and provision had , congratulations for the great job.

I will link my equipment for his investigation and what can be improved , for I am with 74k DPS buffed , will buy the jewel 'm no and my passive tree to your analysis.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAAHcBLMFLQd1CLEJlgthDc0TcRQgHM4fGCFVIWAhkCQ3JyAppStQLPsuUzLRNDE1kjkOPAU8LT38P_xAoEFyRUdFnUd-UEdR-1NSWGNYrlnzXhNepV8_X9BlTWebaFho8m87cql07XTxd-N4DXloeu-DX4TZhO-HaonYiiKMz49GkGySfZd5mG-a4J_fogCnCKknqW6plKyqrj6vbK-ntfK8mr02vqe_CMAawGbApsEExPbGrsbYyWfNFtNv15bYvdrB3CPcPeRR5c_oZuoQ6hjr7u1E7w7vfPAf9kj3Mvhf-4v-VA==?accountName=fawkzz&characterName=Flocuss

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info