[2.5] ♛神聖戰士♛ INDPEPTH GUIDE CRIT STAFF MARAUDER/DUELIST 1.6MIL DPS DOUBLE MALACHAI DEATHLESS +VIDS♛

"
"
15107514 wrote:
"
Hi there,

I have some questions:

1. I mostly want to do maps and Uber Lab runs. The right choice for this is using the slayer-version, right?
2. How would be the movement speed of the slayer-version?
3. Would you suggest getting a Kaom's Heart or a Carcass Jack for the slayer-version?

Thanks!

1. Any version would work for bossing
2. Attack speed = faster leap slam = more mobility= more movement speed
3. Carcass Jack for slayer version (as the build is heavily aoe focused though using kaom's heart is not a bad choice just carcass jack will benefit Slayer more.

Thanks for the fast reply, I appreciate it. Thanks!

Np if you have any questions or concerns just pm in game or leave a message.
Thanks.
Hey I'm starting to run this and had a few questions

1. Thoughts on void heart? I guess you can't cap res with kaoms, 2h, and unique gloves and helmet.

2. What mods should I prioritize on my amulet/rings?

3. What sort of difference can I expect between rats nest vs abyssus? I was thinking probably 50 to 60% more damage from abyssus but I don't have acuities yet and I have a 30% reduced eq dur rats nest

4. Why do you prefer sweep to earthquake?

Thanks for putting out this guide
"
Hey I'm starting to run this and had a few questions

1. Thoughts on void heart? I guess you can't cap res with kaoms, 2h, and unique gloves and helmet.

2. What mods should I prioritize on my amulet/rings?

3. What sort of difference can I expect between rats nest vs abyssus? I was thinking probably 50 to 60% more damage from abyssus but I don't have acuities yet and I have a 30% reduced eq dur rats nest

4. Why do you prefer sweep to earthquake?

Thanks for putting out this guide

1. Some people in the past did say voidheart did significantly increase there clear speed although i do feel like if your res aren't capped you should find a diamond ring with tri res instead.

2. Diamond rings with Tri res & life/ Amulets resistance, life, crit chance , crit multiplier, stats, accuracy.

3. Abysuss will significantly give you more damage like you said but Rat's nest is a safer alternative if you have enough damage. If you have at least 120k dps with auras wearing rat's nest your good to go.

4. If your not using acutiy atm sweep is safer as using multistrike, which solves physical reflect problem as multistrike reduce your initial hit damage by 1/3 but overall have a higher damage output. Earthquake however has a a higher damage output, but the down side is when you face a physical reflect mob it's aftershock does not leech life, which is many case could end up killing you if your wearing a Abyssus.

5. Also what class and ascendancy are you trying out atm

6. if your not really looking to buy an acuity gantlet slayer is a good option?

If I missed anything let me know :)
Last edited by 15107514 on Jul 31, 2016, 2:24:36 PM
"
15107514 wrote:

1. Some people in the past did say voidheart did significantly increase there clear speed although i do feel like if your res aren't capped you should find a diamond ring with tri res instead.

2. Diamond rings with Tri res & life/ Amulets resistance, life, crit chance , crit multiplier, stats, accuracy.

3. Abysuss will significantly give you more damage like you said but Rat's nest is a safer alternative if you have enough damage. If you have at least 120k dps with auras wearing rat's nest your good to go.

4. If your not using acutiy atm sweep is safer as using multistrike, which solves physical reflect problem as multistrike reduce your initial hit damage by 1/3 but overall have a higher damage output. Earthquake however has a a higher damage output, but the down side is when you face a physical reflect mob it's aftershock does not leech life, which is many case could end up killing you if your wearing a Abyssus.

So I played around with the build some more today and it's fairly fleshed out now - another jewel and some more phys dmg nodes will compose the core of the tree. My gear is mostly what I'm planning to use as well if you want to check my profile. Only changes planned are gem links: planning on immortal call + cwdt + inc dur + BR setup on boots, and dropping FA in helm for golem. Still testing weapon links too

I actually just made some changes to the tree too - mainly just routing through the life circle from marauder start instead of taking the reduced mana life circle and dropping that jewel spot so I could run voidheart without overhauling all my gear. Overall it's not the end of the world since the tradeoff was basically:

cons: -1 jewel socket, -10% life, -20 str, -10 int, -10 dex, -(15% reduced mana cost of skills)
pros: +1 skillpoint, +18% all res, +8% fire res, +1% max fire res, +4% attack speed, +12% 2h phys dmg, +26% ele dmg, +5% chance to ignite, freeze, shock, and I can run voidheart with capped res.

But if I find an amulet with good rolls on phys/life/multi/acc/40 fire res then I might spec back.

Getting to the meat of it, here's a few thoughts I had about:
1. Reflect: no clue how you run phys reflect atm haha. When I dont crit on a phys reflect rare I just die because I have no instant leech. This is with 6.3k life and abyssus, and the reason I've gone back to rat's nest for now. What do you do about this, since you can run phys refl/ele refl maps without changing any links? Do you always run assassins mark, so you get 100% crit? Or am I missing something else, like gem swaps.

2. Accuracy: so my accuracy is shit and I have no clue how to get it up without acc nodes on tree. Pretty much just have 390 from amulet, for 1520 total... pretty garbage. Had 380 on a ring too but that still only brought me up to like 2200 flat accuracy, and both of those numbers are with golem. What did you do about that?

3. Voidheart: So I thought voidheart would be good because we have a good bit of double dipping damage, especially when we slot in conc effect.

Poison dps goes up to ~150% of your physical dps, being equal to (Phys DPS)*0.2*(1+ 40% inc aoe/melee dmg on tree, 10% from gem gual, 60% inc aoe/melee damage from jewels + if recent savage hit, also 50% inc damage)(1.4 aspect of carnage)*(1.3 from less dur)*(1.6 if running conc).

The only difference between bleed dps and poison dps is inc dmg is now (former inc dmg + another 34% from tree, another 24% from my belt, 5% from voidheart).
So bleed dps for moving targets is about 5.6/(attacks per sec) of your physical dps, for still targets it's marginal at about .95/(attacks per sec) - about the same damage increase as like a faster attacks support.

Net bleed+poison dps comes out to 2.6-1.7 times your tooltip phys dps (stationary+moving+conc+cloaked)

4. Earthquake

Also did some testing in pvp to ensure that less duration doesnt affect poison and bleed duration so I think my numbers are pretty accurate. I feel like this will make the boss killing power absolutely insane. You could also use rapid decay to increase the contribution the aftershock damage has - with only gem for dur, the time is .7 sec so about 3:1 ratio of attacks to aftershocks, meaning your real dps is 60% more than the tooltip. I dont have godly jewels either: pretty much all just 3 mods jewels, all with life, then either staff attack speed or 2h mutli, then some double dipping damage mod.

Hit dps: 1.6x tooltip
DOT dps: 4.2-2.7x tooltip

If you run helm enchant decay, its about .47 seconds instead, so you get a 2:1 ratio - real dps is 1.9x tooltip, so you get 20% more dps than without helm enchant.
Hit dps: 1.9x tooltip
DOT dps: 7.9-5.1x tooltip

If you add in a rapid decay gem, you get .35 seconds: still 2:1. Your poison dps increases to 2.1x base damage though. I didnt add the 10% inc dmg over time from qual because I was lazy and the change is small.
DOT dps: 11.1-7.1x tooltip

Only way to break 1:1 is getting a warped timepiece 12% as well which brings you to 0.24. You need to be careful you dont attack faster than this with bloodrage + frenzy charges or any other AS buffs, otherwise you go to 2:1 and you drop DPS hugely, from then new 2.8 to 1.9. You do 50% more damage when you get 1:1 quakes from 2:1. I thought losing an amulet spot would suck but to be honest if you go all out it gets rather insane so I might try it out. Dont think any amulet can give me 40-50% more dps. Note: this also affects poison duration, so you get .88* the poison dps.
Hit dps: 2.8x tooltip
DOT dps: 14.4 - 9.2x tooltip

Note tooltip for dot calculations refers to the physical part of tooltip.
So truly you get absolutely crazy damage from this. You can double dip poison and triple dip bleed with cursing with vulnerability as well (we have the int for a 20/20 from acuity so 39% more phys dmg/33% more DOT). I'm pretty sure this makes it the highest dps curse, potentially reaching an actual damage of:
Hit dps: 2.8x elemental dps + 3.9x physical dps
DOT dps: I'm really tired so I dont want to split bleed and poison dps on this but it's like 90% more damage on the poison and 160% more damage on the bleed. So probably like 30x. wtfman.

I realize this changes the spirit of the build and I'm not saying it's definitely the way to go - just got carried away by some math and testing and decided to write everything else, sharing it with you because it was inspired by your build. I'm thinking of testing this out, as well as testing out increasing defenses with rat's nest instead of abyssus and testing various auras. Thinking of maybe a blasphemy+vuln+tempchains+grace for curses, just with single cursing. The two curses on blasph are so you can choose between blasphemy vuln vs temp chanis if you're looking for survivability vs damage but once I do testing I'll probably pick one. Vuln is the most efficient way to add damage though, 30% reservation for double damage. In curse immune maps probably swap out temp chains for hatred, and vuln for enlighten 3/4. Could also swap aa for temp chains if you were feeling lazy.

With an englighten 4 you get 74% reserved if running this blasph + 50% aura. Could run aa/hoa with enlighten 4 in a separate 2L if you want it that bad, bringing you to 96% reserved.

Thanks for getting through this wall of text - was largely just interested in sharing my findings haha.
"
"
15107514 wrote:

So I played around with the build some more today and it's fairly fleshed out now - another jewel and some more phys dmg nodes will compose the core of the tree. My gear is mostly what I'm planning to use as well if you want to check my profile. Only changes planned are gem links: planning on immortal call + cwdt + inc dur + BR setup on boots, and dropping FA in helm for golem. Still testing weapon links too

I actually just made some changes to the tree too - mainly just routing through the life circle from marauder start instead of taking the reduced mana life circle and dropping that jewel spot so I could run voidheart without overhauling all my gear. Overall it's not the end of the world since the tradeoff was basically:

cons: -1 jewel socket, -10% life, -20 str, -10 int, -10 dex, -(15% reduced mana cost of skills)
pros: +1 skillpoint, +18% all res, +8% fire res, +1% max fire res, +4% attack speed, +12% 2h phys dmg, +26% ele dmg, +5% chance to ignite, freeze, shock, and I can run voidheart with capped res.

But if I find an amulet with good rolls on phys/life/multi/acc/40 fire res then I might spec back.

Getting to the meat of it, here's a few thoughts I had about:
1. Reflect: no clue how you run phys reflect atm haha. When I dont crit on a phys reflect rare I just die because I have no instant leech. This is with 6.3k life and abyssus, and the reason I've gone back to rat's nest for now. What do you do about this, since you can run phys refl/ele refl maps without changing any links? Do you always run assassins mark, so you get 100% crit? Or am I missing something else, like gem swaps.

2. Accuracy: so my accuracy is shit and I have no clue how to get it up without acc nodes on tree. Pretty much just have 390 from amulet, for 1520 total... pretty garbage. Had 380 on a ring too but that still only brought me up to like 2200 flat accuracy, and both of those numbers are with golem. What did you do about that?

3. Voidheart: So I thought voidheart would be good because we have a good bit of double dipping damage, especially when we slot in conc effect.

Poison dps goes up to ~150% of your physical dps, being equal to (Phys DPS)*0.2*(1+ 40% inc aoe/melee dmg on tree, 10% from gem gual, 60% inc aoe/melee damage from jewels + if recent savage hit, also 50% inc damage)(1.4 aspect of carnage)*(1.3 from less dur)*(1.6 if running conc).

The only difference between bleed dps and poison dps is inc dmg is now (former inc dmg + another 34% from tree, another 24% from my belt, 5% from voidheart).
So bleed dps for moving targets is about 5.6/(attacks per sec) of your physical dps, for still targets it's marginal at about .95/(attacks per sec) - about the same damage increase as like a faster attacks support.

Net bleed+poison dps comes out to 2.6-1.7 times your tooltip phys dps (stationary+moving+conc+cloaked)

4. Earthquake

Also did some testing in pvp to ensure that less duration doesnt affect poison and bleed duration so I think my numbers are pretty accurate. I feel like this will make the boss killing power absolutely insane. You could also use rapid decay to increase the contribution the aftershock damage has - with only gem for dur, the time is .7 sec so about 3:1 ratio of attacks to aftershocks, meaning your real dps is 60% more than the tooltip. I dont have godly jewels either: pretty much all just 3 mods jewels, all with life, then either staff attack speed or 2h mutli, then some double dipping damage mod.

Hit dps: 1.6x tooltip
DOT dps: 4.2-2.7x tooltip

If you run helm enchant decay, its about .47 seconds instead, so you get a 2:1 ratio - real dps is 1.9x tooltip, so you get 20% more dps than without helm enchant.
DOT dps: 7.9-5.1x tooltip

If you add in a rapid decay gem, you get .35 seconds: still 2:1. Your poison dps increases to 2.1x base damage though. I didnt add the 10% inc dmg over time from qual because I was lazy and the change is small.
DOT dps: 11.1-7.1x tooltip

Only way to break 1:1 is getting a warped timepiece 12% as well which brings you to 0.24. You need to be careful you dont attack faster than this with bloodrage + frenzy charges or any other AS buffs, otherwise you go to 2:1 and you drop DPS hugely, from then new 2.8 to 1.9. You do 50% more damage when you get 1:1 quakes from 2:1. I thought losing an amulet spot would suck but to be honest if you go all out it gets rather insane so I might try it out. Dont think any amulet can give me 40-50% more dps. Note: this also affects poison duration, so you get .88* the poison dps.
Hit dps: 2.8x tooltip
DOT dps: 14.4 - 9.2x tooltip

Note tooltip for dot calculations refers to the physical part of tooltip.
So truly you get absolutely crazy damage from this. You can double dip poison and triple dip bleed with cursing with vulnerability as well (we have the int for a 20/20 from acuity so 39% more phys dmg/33% more DOT). I'm pretty sure this makes it the highest dps curse, potentially reaching an actual damage of:
Hit dps: 2.8x elemental dps + 3.9x physical dps
DOT dps: I'm really tired so I dont want to split bleed and poison dps on this but it's like 90% more damage on the poison and 160% more damage on the bleed. So probably like 30x. wtfman.

I realize this changes the spirit of the build and I'm not saying it's definitely the way to go - just got carried away by some math and testing and decided to write everything else, sharing it with you because it was inspired by your build. I'm thinking of testing this out, as well as testing out increasing defenses with rat's nest instead of abyssus and testing various auras. Thinking of maybe a blasphemy+vuln+tempchains+grace for curses, just with single cursing. The two curses on blasph are so you can choose between blasphemy vuln vs temp chanis if you're looking for survivability vs damage but once I do testing I'll probably pick one. Vuln is the most efficient way to add damage though, 30% reservation for double damage. In curse immune maps probably swap out temp chains for hatred, and vuln for enlighten 3/4. Could also swap aa for temp chains if you were feeling lazy.

With an englighten 4 you get 74% reserved if running this blasph + 50% aura. Could run aa/hoa with enlighten 4 in a separate 2L if you want it that bad, bringing you to 96% reserved.

Thanks for getting through this wall of text - was largely just interested in sharing my findings haha.

Holy shiieeeeeeet~ :D

1. If your running reflect maps acutiy ganlets is a must also i suggest you swap on melee physical for added fire. Switch out increased area of effect for physical to lightning during reflect maps and try not to leap slam into packs cause it still does physical and you'll end up 1 shotting yourself.

2. With at least 350 accuracy on your gear + eagle eye + versality on the tree you should have around 90% hit chance.

3. From the huge awesome wall of text i do know what alternative build you are talking about and personally i did tested the voidheart + vulnerability + rapid decay on earthquake before you posted this. From my point of view yes it's a great alternative way of playing crit staff EQ and yes it could work even better wtih overtime damage + chaos damage on jewels I just prefer playing my pure full on melee crit style. Others have asked me about EQ alternative and I did share this poison crit quake alternative though i never really posted it on my guide though i think i should, but it would really confuse alot of people on what should they really play. Personally playing with a slayer atm with a 130% aoe radius sweep i don't need more dmg or clear speed. Crit posion quake is just another fun alternative that could synergize with this build.
Hi.

Loving ur build.

I saw the new slayer version, would you say this is the perf version? Running berserker atm.

Thanks.
"
zyprus wrote:
Hi.

Loving ur build.

I saw the new slayer version, would you say this is the perf version? Running berserker atm.

Thanks.

So here's a quick breakdown between the three variations of the builds

1. Berserker = highest damage dealer, highest sustain, boss killer

2. Juggernaut = tankiest, safer gameplay, viable for harcore, lowest damage dealer

3. Slayer= fastest map clearer, great for fast leveling and progression, viable without acutiy gauntlets, mediocre damage dealer.
Last edited by 15107514 on Aug 1, 2016, 9:38:25 AM
I think it's the worst layout of a guide that I have ever read
"
Sepatum wrote:
I think it's the worst layout of a guide that I have ever read

Ty.
I would appreciate if you let me know what I should improve on thanks :)
Passionate people are the best.
Great guide. Thumbs up!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info