[2.6 / 3.0] BLADE VORTEX OBLITERATION

"
N4Z wrote:
few days in this build.

No X of blades chant, no cwdt 20 - EK - BF (heals u from 0 to 100% hp), no cloak in savagery. You totally failed ;) This build is immortal unless u get oneshotted by volatile.
Last edited by ActiveSlay on Mar 20, 2017, 9:54:09 AM
Edit: I asked about the Broken Faith shield. I was reading through more past posts and found the answer already!

My question:
Spoiler
Hey, has anyone in here tried out the Broken Faith?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Broken_Faith

You lose a set of explosions, and about 5-10% extra damage as chaos (when you don't have Unholy Might), but when you DO have Might you'd GAIN like...15%?

Then you'd also have the benefits of a shield, and the extra armour while having no energy shield!

The answer:
Spoiler

"
lallalaus wrote:
"
Khornaar wrote:
@OP
What do you think about reworked "Broken Faith" versus Obliteration wand on left hand?
Less explosions, little bit less % extra chaos dmg, (5-10% range instead of 13-15%), but potential Unholy might for free?

It's an interesting and worth considering choice for sure. In the end game you still want two Obliteration, gaining Unholy Might with Sin's Rebirth. But you could consider it as a budget option, until you can obtain the flask.
Probably as far as clear speed goes, 2 Obliteration is just better, but it could be a good single target option.
Last edited by Stephen_Netu on Mar 20, 2017, 7:38:53 PM
Has anyone tried playing CI or lowlife for this build?
I have been testing going CI right now as I found out last league when I tried this character as life-based that it is hard to do lab with it. So I thought of doing it as CI which I have been able to do lab quite easily. I went to do crit type but it's only at 42.6% crit chance when im at 5 power charges without counting assassin's mark. currently sitting at 8.2k ES. Hope that someone can give me some tips on how to improve this build.

Skill tree:
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAOkBEABye4wlJ11JZ5uuPsauPC2DX4PMtz5Bh_nogsco-lfJDXw3g6brLKaQ1uq6tAxGcYMJb57KSl-wm7XDOio4hMVRTKxHfVsqTT8nX5hZbc8ySsiKr5ARe8Mkiw-rFr91_YRv1EK1SOtjES8rCl3yKgtwUonTjDbK076KoS-TJ--I-TfXz0mxbAsi9G0ZEVA1uacr2VsbJUuu6QKX9FJTPV-XlUyzrrNBltD1IG5QMNtef8bBxewYLL8V14auVmOP-vDVSVHr9cMJuZPyHdDQX2odvjOHA-5qjPVvyBSi2bDYnKSHE3cHAAAAAAA=

This is my gears right now:
Spoiler
"
BenJz wrote:
Has anyone tried playing CI or lowlife for this build?
I have been testing going CI right now as I found out last league when I tried this character as life-based that it is hard to do lab with it. So I thought of doing it as CI which I have been able to do lab quite easily. I went to do crit type but it's only at 42.6% crit chance when im at 5 power charges without counting assassin's mark. currently sitting at 8.2k ES. Hope that someone can give me some tips on how to improve this build.

We already discussed a bit in the past about the life vs CI option. CI offers you a more tanky version (we know the difference in balance between the two options), but the pros pretty much end here. The lab problem is not actually a big deal, you just need to carry with you 3 life potions and you can ignore traps like a boss, and switch them out for your utility ones few rooms before going into Aspirant's Trial (to gain the charges needed).
I would not spec into crits right now, since gettin generic incresed damage, or even chaos damage, is way more effective. I would in fact take the Chaos half-wheel (and maybe the Phys half-wheel too) near CI. Going ES based forces you to drop some curses and drop a potential MoM, both choices are going to reduce you effective survivability. You also need to reserve one socket for poison gem, losing some potential DPS and you cannot spec into the Hidden potential ruote (which is not mandatory, but highly reccomended as a late game option).
All in all you can decide what you prefer, but at this moment I see no real reason to move into an ES based version.
Abyssal Volatile Poet: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2057243
MagicBlaster Deadeye: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2115343
Fortifier Aurabot: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2084465
"
lallalaus wrote:

We already discussed a bit in the past about the life vs CI option. CI offers you a more tanky version (we know the difference in balance between the two options), but the pros pretty much end here. The lab problem is not actually a big deal, you just need to carry with you 3 life potions and you can ignore traps like a boss, and switch them out for your utility ones few rooms before going into Aspirant's Trial (to gain the charges needed).
I would not spec into crits right now, since gettin generic incresed damage, or even chaos damage, is way more effective. I would in fact take the Chaos half-wheel (and maybe the Phys half-wheel too) near CI. Going ES based forces you to drop some curses and drop a potential MoM, both choices are going to reduce you effective survivability. You also need to reserve one socket for poison gem, losing some potential DPS and you cannot spec into the Hidden potential ruote (which is not mandatory, but highly reccomended as a late game option).
All in all you can decide what you prefer, but at this moment I see no real reason to move into an ES based version.

Thanks lallalaus for your tips and advice, I'm just a bad lab runner that even with 3 life flask I will still die. maybe i should try MoM like you said.
Last edited by BenJz on Mar 21, 2017, 7:07:10 AM
Hi,
anyone still have Tree from Aim_Deep?

Hidden potential route?
Doing rather well with this build, the damage is completely nuts but I'm having trouble with oneshots. Having barely 5k HP with 10% increased damage taken means that quite a bit in the endgame can oneshot me through Cloaked in Savagery's leech. I'm only lv81 so I still have some life nodes to get but I'm looking at expected 5.5k life by lv90, which is still easily in oneshot range for quite a bit in the game aside from Shaper and Volatiles.
How do I remedy this? Can't really afford a third curse amulet to run Enfeeble right now, but does that make all the difference?
E/: Just did Hydra with it. First Guardian this League, and I'm doing the poison immune one on a poison build, lol. Even without the Poison she dropped reasonably fast. Problem again were the oneshots, most of her hits dropped me to 10% which I healed back to full instantly but I did get randomly oneshot 3 times.
Last edited by Inkaflare on Mar 21, 2017, 2:04:36 PM
Bouncing off the troubles of one-shots, I am using this build purely just to grind some Shaped Strand.

I don't intend to take it further because of those issues. What are your guys' thoughts? How could this build be made more hardcore viable? I can limit damage if need be.

Honestly, it was just a fun build, and if it cannot go HC, that's cool, I can gladly just roll something else. I just love playing SC builds in HC just to see how they perform. ;-) It's fun!
I'm not really sure about this; I've browsed through the thread somewhat and never really found my answer. Is this build (or the hidden potential route) shaper viable? I was looking for a build to do the "end game grind" of guardians and some shaper kills and someone directed me here....
"
jsplic3r wrote:
I'm not really sure about this; I've browsed through the thread somewhat and never really found my answer. Is this build (or the hidden potential route) shaper viable? I was looking for a build to do the "end game grind" of guardians and some shaper kills and someone directed me here....

You gotta browse more carefully. Even in the OP in Pos and Cons:
"
- can run any boss in the game (for shaper, guardians and those kind of stuff, Hidden Potential ruote is very reccomended)

Or at the start of the hidden potential discussion on page 8:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

So yes, this seems to be very shaper viable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info