[2.6 / 3.0] BLADE VORTEX OBLITERATION

MAthrogg I think I love you right now, I dont know how I missed it in the OP pros/cons, and I was looking for that on page 8 must have scrolled right past it! THANK YOU, you're a life saver! (and idiot saver lol)
"
Inkaflare wrote:
Doing rather well with this build, the damage is completely nuts but I'm having trouble with oneshots. Having barely 5k HP with 10% increased damage taken means that quite a bit in the endgame can oneshot me through Cloaked in Savagery's leech. I'm only lv81 so I still have some life nodes to get but I'm looking at expected 5.5k life by lv90, which is still easily in oneshot range for quite a bit in the game aside from Shaper and Volatiles.
How do I remedy this? Can't really afford a third curse amulet to run Enfeeble right now, but does that make all the difference?
E/: Just did Hydra with it. First Guardian this League, and I'm doing the poison immune one on a poison build, lol. Even without the Poison she dropped reasonably fast. Problem again were the oneshots, most of her hits dropped me to 10% which I healed back to full instantly but I did get randomly oneshot 3 times.

Obviously having enfeeble on blashpemy helps a lot as far as survivability goes, since it does not only reduces general damage taken, but also allows you to evade more attacks and reduces the chance of getting bursted by crits. If you have to choose just two curses, go for vulnerability (this should be applied by Witchfire Brew, which is also a really nice defensive flask) and enfeeble.
You should try to upgrade your boots, pushing them into higher amount of life and trying to obtain 30% movement speed. If you wanna achieve higher life pool you could also drop Devoto's and use a helm with 95+ life. Looking at your profile you are also missing one jewel, which could be another 7% life, and another jewel socket is near Vaal Pact (another potential 7%).
I also see you are using Conc. Effect instead of Controlled Destruction. If that's the case, you should never use Concentrated Effect for mapping, since if forces you to stay in melee range. You should just switch it with Spell Echo for really hard bosses (red tier maps for example).
You are also missing more than 30% life from different nodes (scion wheel, profane chemistry wheel, quick recovery wheel).
All those things obviously add up, making you more squishy than you could be otherwise.
Abyssal Volatile Poet: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2057243
MagicBlaster Deadeye: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2115343
Fortifier Aurabot: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2084465
Last edited by lallalaus on Mar 21, 2017, 6:56:32 PM
Hello guys!

I have to say this build is awesome. If u want to try it i'm selling my gear, because i don't have time to play in this league anymore so i'd like to bring exalts to standard.

I have around 7k life, and more than 5k tooltip dps on bv without flasks.

If u are interested just write a message here, i'm checking it daily.
"
lallalaus wrote:
"
Inkaflare wrote:
Doing rather well with this build, the damage is completely nuts but I'm having trouble with oneshots. Having barely 5k HP with 10% increased damage taken means that quite a bit in the endgame can oneshot me through Cloaked in Savagery's leech. I'm only lv81 so I still have some life nodes to get but I'm looking at expected 5.5k life by lv90, which is still easily in oneshot range for quite a bit in the game aside from Shaper and Volatiles.
How do I remedy this? Can't really afford a third curse amulet to run Enfeeble right now, but does that make all the difference?
E/: Just did Hydra with it. First Guardian this League, and I'm doing the poison immune one on a poison build, lol. Even without the Poison she dropped reasonably fast. Problem again were the oneshots, most of her hits dropped me to 10% which I healed back to full instantly but I did get randomly oneshot 3 times.

Obviously having enfeeble on blashpemy helps a lot as far as survivability goes, since it does not only reduces general damage taken, but also allows you to evade more attacks and reduces the chance of getting bursted by crits. If you have to choose just two curses, go for vulnerability (this should be applied by Witchfire Brew, which is also a really nice defensive flask) and enfeeble.
You should try to upgrade your boots, pushing them into higher amount of life and trying to obtain 30% movement speed. If you wanna achieve higher life pool you could also drop Devoto's and use a helm with 95+ life. Looking at your profile you are also missing one jewel, which could be another 7% life, and another jewel socket is near Vaal Pact (another potential 7%).
I also see you are using Conc. Effect instead of Controlled Destruction. If that's the case, you should never use Concentrated Effect for mapping, since if forces you to stay in melee range. You should just switch it with Spell Echo for really hard bosses (red tier maps for example).
You are also missing more than 30% life from different nodes (scion wheel, profane chemistry wheel, quick recovery wheel).
All those things obviously add up, making you more squishy than you could be otherwise.

Thanks for the advice. Boots with 30% ms and more than the amount of life I have right now (75 with the strength on them) while keeping the resist are stupidly expensive for a minimal upgrade so that's the last thing I'll be going for on this character at all.
About Concentrated effect: the less AoE is actually barely noticeable with the changes, I just tried it with a reference point that confirmed what my impression was anyway: the decrease in AoE is so small that it's not even worth mentioning as a downside. It's a different story going from Inc AoE to Conc effect but even that difference in range has shrinked imensely with the changes. Even without Conc effect I have to stand within melee range of mobs to hit them except for maybe zombies and skeletons. On the other hand Conc effect's Area damage double dips while Controlled Destruction's Spell damage doesn't. So I'll save Controlled Destruction for the eventual 6link.
I'll see what amount of Life I will be at when I've picked up the remaining nodes on the tree. I actually missed the socket near Vaal pact, thanks for that. The other one was empty because I'd leveled on the last map I did last night and hadn't bought a jewel for it yet.
Profane Chemistry seems very point inefficient. I'll get that last, if I get that far (haven't taken any build beyond 91 so far).
Hidden potential route, you use magic items and such. Looking at some peoples profiles from the thread and such they run blasphemy with the two curses, which means not using the clear mind jewel. So, when you go hidden potential you drop clear mind? Or can you work in both like the OP's by linking the curses with CWDT? I'm tempted to try to get both clear mind/hidden potential active, just not sure how viable/worth it will be.

Also, damn sins flask is EXPENSIVE. If I like the build, guess i'll grab one lol but it will break the bank totally.

Also, with hidden potential route, you still take MOM and nodes behind it?
Last edited by jsplic3r on Mar 22, 2017, 1:38:28 PM
"
Inkaflare wrote:

About Concentrated effect: the less AoE is actually barely noticeable with the changes, I just tried it with a reference point that confirmed what my impression was anyway: the decrease in AoE is so small that it's not even worth mentioning as a downside. It's a different story going from Inc AoE to Conc effect but even that difference in range has shrinked imensely with the changes. Even without Conc effect I have to stand within melee range of mobs to hit them except for maybe zombies and skeletons.

That sounds strange to me. I actually believe the reduction is pretty impactful and noticeable on the gameplay.
You should also consider that you cannot evaluate BV AOE just looking at the ring of blades, because that does not represent the actual size of the skill. You can increase/decrease the AOE without any variation in the size of the ring of blades, since it changes at pre-determined stages.

"
jsplic3r wrote:
Hidden potential route, you use magic items and such. Looking at some peoples profiles from the thread and such they run blasphemy with the two curses, which means not using the clear mind jewel. So, when you go hidden potential you drop clear mind? Or can you work in both like the OP's by linking the curses with CWDT? I'm tempted to try to get both clear mind/hidden potential active, just not sure how viable/worth it will be.

Also, damn sins flask is EXPENSIVE. If I like the build, guess i'll grab one lol but it will break the bank totally.

Also, with hidden potential route, you still take MOM and nodes behind it?

I invite you to check the "To curse, or not to curse - To MoM, or not to MoM" section of the guide, where I discuss about curses and MoM. Anyway if you are using the Hidden Potential ruote it means that your goal is to kill the hardest stuff in the game (guardians and so on). If that's the case, you should use at least one curse applied by blasphemy (usually enfeeble), so you have to drop Clear Mind. At that point you decide the direction you want to take: either you take MoM and the mana nodes (you should find yourself with 1k mana unreserved), or you invest in the third curse (Temporal Chains) and you link it with blasphemy.
If this is not the case (you do not want to kill those big guys, you are fine just mapping and farming usual stuff), there's no reason to go Hidden Potential way, since it's more expensive and it's not needed at all for general mapping.

What makes hidden potential route "more expensive" ? Just curious, I have the cospris, and t1/t1 gear I rolled myself (well, like 1-2 pieces t1 life t2 resist) and i'll reread the mom/curse sections. My goal is definitly shaper / uber atzari farm with this char :D Thanks in advance, i'm still having trouble fully grasping certain concepts apparently :D
"
jsplic3r wrote:
What makes hidden potential route "more expensive" ? Just curious, I have the cospris, and t1/t1 gear I rolled myself (well, like 1-2 pieces t1 life t2 resist) and i'll reread the mom/curse sections. My goal is definitly shaper / uber atzari farm with this char :D Thanks in advance, i'm still having trouble fully grasping certain concepts apparently :D

Well the hardest part is gettin those t1/t1 blue items (having good life pool and capping resists it's way easier with rare items), but if you already got them, the problem is solved.
Hidden potential was like 40c at league start
Been playing this build for the last 2 leagues but this league I decided to invest all currencies to this character.
The explosion is just so satisfying, you can't get the same feeling from other builds.

I am running 3 curses setup with the final curse from the tree.
+30 curse effect from tree, +30 from helm, +23Q from gem quality , + 32Qfrom +5 enhance.
I am not sure how much slower is the temporal chain as it didnt reflect in tooltip but all mobs were
slowed to single digit FPS.

Linking my current setup, this is the only build I play this league. But still need to tweak a few things.

DPS gears

Grandmaster setup, Swap VM with reduced block chance gem

Physical reflect

More MF gears

Other gears depend on situration

Last edited by anthcho on Mar 22, 2017, 10:35:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info