Guns... My opinion what's yours?

Never let a massacre go to waste for political points eh? Guns are just a tool. Nothing more nothing less. Could have driven a truck laden with explosives in club like they did in Bali. In in my grandfathers time they actually brought guns to school to go hunting with a guys after school. Had no school shooting or whatever issues in the 1950s when he was in high school. Whats funny is this guys was vetted and a security guard for a government contractor so would always have access to weapons anyway. So save the back ground check BS too. Some ppl are just crazy these days. Including cops themselves who shoot unarmed ppl, mainly ppl of color at an alarming rate.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 12, 2016, 6:46:25 PM
Actually, violence has gone down in a lot of the world. We just hear more about it now. 1950 was a shithole in comparison.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Jun 12, 2016, 6:54:02 PM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
Actually, violence has gone down in a lot of the world. We just hear more about it now. 1950 was a shithole in comparison.

In USA 1957 was low homicide rate off all time when you could order guns and ammo to your house from Sears catalog at any age and no background checks

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0873729.html

rest of the world not sure. lots of wars and stuff go on then. Its pretty peaceful these days except USA and Europeans allies killing millions of arabs.

This could be blow-back from that. Not "guns" an inanimate objects fault.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 12, 2016, 7:31:38 PM
Correlation is not causation. Explain me the causal link if you think otherwise (I could show you places with more restrictive laws having less killing). Also, I'd question how many crimes went unreported at that time (like lynchings, honor killings and stuff). It wasn't a pleasant time at all, you can imagine why. The surge could be easily explained as things being reported correctly from some point.

Also, it seems the levels have gone to 1950 levels again.

Personally, I think the variables are mostly uncorrelated, but it's foolish to allow guns without checks. If you think that's a problem, go ahead, explain me why.
Last edited by NeroNoah on Jun 12, 2016, 7:50:53 PM
Indeed correlation is not causation Pulse night club murder was "really" about guns the way 9/11 was “really” about box cutters, OKC was "really" about fertilizer & Boston was “really” about pressure cookers."
Git R Dun!
Ban all guns because some guns are used to kill innocent people. Don't ban all muslims because some muslims are terrorists. Makes sense.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I advocate making gun ownership illegal. Unfortunately this is not likely to ever happen in America.

The arguments I've seen defending gun ownership (and I doubt anyone will present a rational one I haven't already seen) do not convince me. Many of the pro-gun arguments, like "I use guns to hunt," are simply more reasons for me to want their guns taken away. Luckily for gun owners I'm unable to affect this change and make the world a better place. Oh well.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Indeed correlation is not causation Pulse night club murder was "really" about guns the way 9/11 was “really” about box cutters, OKC was "really" about fertilizer & Boston was “really” about pressure cookers."

It's less guns, and more guns + crazy (in this shooting, radical islam, but it could be very well anything). Reducing the crazy would go great ways to solve this problem.

Maybe it's not evident from what I wrote, but I'm not pro gun ban generally. I'm just not stupid enough to think guns solve anything.
Last edited by NeroNoah on Jun 12, 2016, 10:26:32 PM
Didn't read most of the thread, but here's my view of guns.

I've grown up with them. I had a bb fun when I was only 7 or 8, and have been shooting actual guns for probably around 8 years now (I'm 18). I've shot things ranging from little 22s to hunting rifles to even AK-47s. Not once have I ever considered shooting another person, or even playing around and pointing a gun at someone. That's because I've been taught to respect the guns. I know how dangerous they are. As a result however, I'm not scared or terrified like so many people are who are unfamiliar with them. What I think needs to happen to limit the gear is to include gun safety in school. If more people were taught to respect guns instead of fear them, I feel like there'd be far less problems. I'm also against making it so difficult to get a gun that for even normal people it's impossible to get a gun. I'm all for keeping them away from the crazies though. I'm also all for more people carrying guns as well, with proper training of course. That itself will act as a deterrent. Look at Switzerland for example. They require all men ages 18-21 to serve in the military, then when they go home they get to keep their rifle. As a result, they have one of the lowest crime rates in the world. There, if you try to Rob a place, and the other people there are literally trained to take you down, you're not going to like your chances when that happens and you get turned on.

So, don't know why I typed all that out but there's my input
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
...entered the club armed with an AR-15-type assault rifle

Why not just make it a multiple step process. The immediat first should be to ban everything above semi-automatic handguns...everything. There can be exceptions for hunters, which need to be very strict. There is no point in owning a semiautomatic rifle, except keeping your options to go on a rampage. This small step will probably prevent high bodycounts in killing sprees. Then when this works (and it will) you can slowly ease into banning all handguns a few decades down the line. Pair this with strict processes required to go through when you want to own a gun and boom....like 2/3 less fatalities. Its just mind boogling that people answer to news of maniacs killing dozens with an assault rifle: "we need more guns!". Hardcore denial.
Reach out and touch hate.
Last edited by Hastur667 on Jun 13, 2016, 4:25:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info