Guns... My opinion what's yours?

I'm from Finland and in here, like majority of Europe, we have rather strict gun laws. I don't have a gun and haven't shot one since the army. That being said let's get to my opinion.

I hate the Finnish gun laws. In my opinion European gun restrictions trample on the concept of popular sovereignty. They're also another symptom of our nanny state where incompetent politicians try to ban everything they don't like, understand or what they fear (which, by the way, seems to include almost everything). It's illegal even to have an EDC knife with you.

In my opinion a "shall issue" would be optimal way to handle permits. Every adult without history of dangerous mental issues, drug or alcohol dependency or criminal history (during last ten years or so) should be able to automatically get the permit. I would like to have a gun on me all the time and I would like to carry EDC knife.
I'm australian, and im happy

i said enough.
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
I think that we should talk about Religions especially Islam, and stop saying "oh poor Muslims who will be judged by people after that massacre" and acknowledge that it's Islam who caused these attacks, and the victims are the 50 people who died and their family. Every month we get a new attack like that, Paris 3 time, Brussels, London, Ottawa... the list is getting damn long.

Religion is the first weapon of mass destruction that was invented by men, we should do something about it.
"
diablofdb wrote:
Religion is the first weapon of mass destruction that was invented by men.

Didn't 'idiocy' come first?
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
diablofdb wrote:
I think that we should talk about Religions especially Islam, and stop saying "oh poor Muslims who will be judged by people after that massacre" and acknowledge that it's Islam who caused these attacks, and the victims are the 50 people who died and their family. Every month we get a new attack like that, Paris 3 time, Brussels, London, Ottawa... the list is getting damn long.

Religion is the first weapon of mass destruction that was invented by men, we should do something about it.

I don't know about that, this guy is being reported as an unstable steroid user that got mad he saw some same sex people kissing, and went berserk. He called 911 to pledge allegiance to isis, according to the news. I mean that is just weird, like really really werid, like hard to believe, would like to hear the 911 call, levels of weirdness.
Hey...is this thing on?
"
LostForm wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:

I don't know about that, this guy is being reported as an unstable steroid user that got mad he saw some same sex people kissing, and went berserk. He called 911 to pledge allegiance to isis, according to the news. I mean that is just weird, like really really werid, like hard to believe, would like to hear the 911 call, levels of weirdness.

I like calling things how they are... it's far from being the first time a Muslim kill that amount of people. It's not an isolated case, this is one case out of so many, and the list is getting longer every week. In a few weeks we will read something like that "Muslim guy killed 25 persons in Montréal because they drew a caricature of Mohamed"
I think you misunderstand my point. His primary motivator was that he was out of control and unstable, and used substances that escalated his mind set and heightened his belief that he was in all ways stronger than the people around him. He worked a job where his need to command people was nurtured to the point where he felt he had moral authority. It is being reported he talked of wanting to kill all black people as well, that is not part of religion. Religion is being keyed on here, but this guy was way out of bounds in so many ways.

This I think is equally a problem of drug use, and being in a culture where steroid use is accepted if not encouraged. And if I had to guess, also a regular cocaine guy.
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Jun 13, 2016, 11:33:42 AM
"
fozziex wrote:
Civilians have no need for assault rifles or higher capacity mags.

"
johnKeys wrote:
I propose USA stops giving gun permits to its fucking psycho part of the population.
The Second Amendment was not written so people could hunt or defend themselves against the errant nutcase. Its clear intent, based in historical context, is to ensure the populace had access to the basic tools of war such that the people could revolt if the government was deemed corrupt. Therefore it is completely against the spirit, if not the letter, of the Second Amendment to ban assault rifles - or rocket launchers or tanks, for that matter. It's also against its spirit to deprive citizens of that right based upon authority-assigned labels of "crazy" or "FBI watch list."

I am not saying I fully agree with the Second Amendment; I'm just saying what it means, explicitly and implicitly. Its purpose is to allow the potential overthrow of the US government. If you believe this is a relic of the past and no longer fits the modern world, then the appropriate thing to do would be to call for its appeal; there is a procedure for it, and it has been done before. What doesn't make sense would be to suggest blatantly unconstitutional laws. As long as the Second Amendment exists, the right of a guy you think is crazy, to carry a weapon capable of murdering dozens in seconds, should not be infringed.

As far as I'm concerned, the Second Amendment isn't and never was necessary. Although I admire the idea behind it, a revolution doesn't need the government's permission for anything. And the right to bear mind-altering drugs has never been an amendment, and despite numerous laws the people still have access. Simply put, it was poorly conceived. I think gun laws should be a state issue, not a federal one.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 13, 2016, 1:14:52 PM
I need one soon 😩
my english sux.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:14:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info