Guns... My opinion what's yours?

Stop acting like you could disarm a gang from a attack or potential murder even if you're
http://www.alistairovereem.com/

Not to mention what if you're 88 yrs old? Crippled? Or just a small person/women?

But a single sig 226 will.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 18, 2016, 10:22:11 PM
You know, you can eliminate the reasons gangs exist* and minimize the number of guns police has to carry. Like a lot of first world countries.

Guns are a patchwork to real problems.

*It may require some violence initially.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Jun 18, 2016, 11:34:49 PM
I agree with that. Drive for highest corp profits has disenfranchised millions to commit crime. Endless wars against muslims and supporting murderous dictators has made blowback a real issue. But you're talking really big big issues that would require a fundamental shift how the world works and the elite who run it but that doesnt mean you shouldnt be able to protect yourself. Now more than ever IMO.
Git R Dun!
Ah, the elite, the elite. Look, a lot of powerful people are awful (but not all), but it's not hopeless. Just painfully slow. The shifting in thinking can happen, and has happened (before we had absolutist monarchies, and there are a lot of dictatorships that have gone the democratic way).

Look, I support people protecting themselves with guns if they want, but the only way to be really sure is almost no one having the means to attack (make the analogy with nuclear weapons, for example). I just prefer using culture rather than law for those goals.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Jun 19, 2016, 12:43:36 AM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 8:20:35 PM
"
fozziex wrote:
I'm from Canada.
I think when the rest of the world watches what goes on in the US there is a great deal of head shaking.
My country is far from perfect I will admit. Even the most peaceful of countries have their nut cases going at it.
Too many Americans treat guns without respect. There is no sober thought or reverence for what these weapons can do.
That 2nd amendment has been hijacked by the NRA and their fanatics.
It's sad when gun ownership is treated as a religion. Civilians have no need for assault rifles or higher capacity mags. It's all about money. At what point is the saturation of ownership reached? Every empire dies from within over time and the US is headed in that direction. Americans can't see their own demise.
I wonder how many posts you will get?

Cheers

Many ^.^

-Cheers
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
No even if they got all the guns off black market (impossible) guns are great equalizer when someone bigger stronger and faster tries to put you in the ditch so law of jungle doesn't prevail. Right to self defense is a fundamental right IMO.

Personally I would not even have background checks. If anything ppl on the margins and in the ghetto need guns more than most vs me behind armed security gates in a upper class home with nice neighbors who dont steal from or attack their neighbors.

While I am not against gun ownership, I have to point out that more people having a gun does not necessarily stop the "law of the jungle", it potentially just escalates it and raises the floor for even having a say when the "law of the jungle" is being flexed or contested.

What does demonstratively stop 'law of the jungle' is confidence in the justice system, that matters will work out rationally and your rights as an individual are not based on your ability to dominate the next man or group of men on the street.

What more guns do create is the need to be armed yourself, much like steroids in baseball was creating a situation where everyone had to use steroids to compete against the people using steroids. But this isn't a sport, we are talking about merging onto a road that has lead to extremes in other places, where getting a roll of toilet paper or a carton of milk means shouldering an assault rifle to go outside.
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Jun 21, 2016, 10:35:01 AM
Guns are not the problem - other countries have lots of guns too - but the US's citizens obsession over guns is, and underlying that, their admiration for power and the powerful, and the widespread disdain for the powerless, their adoration for easy solutions, for spectacles and for "heroes", the widespread mental health problems, both on a personal and on a institutional level, the sanctioning of the killing of innocents by its governemt - all in the name of a "higher cause" - and of the guilty by virtue of the death penalty - basically telling its citizens "It's OK to kill people when the circumstances are right" - executed by a justice system that is all too often anything but just...and so on, and so on. The US is totally fucked up.

Last edited by Jojas on Jun 21, 2016, 11:35:54 AM
"
Jojas wrote:
Guns are not the problem - other countries have lots of guns too - but the US's citizens obsession over guns is, and underlying that, their admiration for power and the powerful, and the widespread disdain for the powerless, their adoration for easy solutions, for spectacles and for "heroes", the widespread mental health problems, both on a personal and on a institutional level, the sanctioning of the killing of innocents by its governemt - all in the name of a "higher cause" - and of the guilty by virtue of the death penalty - basically telling its citizens "It's OK to kill people when the circumstances are right" - executed by a justice system that is all too often anything but just...and so on, and so on. The US is totally fucked up.

Im sorry but it's called a human being. The only thing that separates us from animals is our huge frontal cortex. It doesn't matter where you're from every human being is capable of being stupid.

In psychology we learned that a person that steals is also capable of killing because that same area of the brain is active when deciding to do either. Let's not be hasty and call stereotypes because Australia had massive killings and murders before the initiation of buying back guns with out reprocustions if you had a gun illegally.

Anyways cheers ^,^

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
My opinion is if anyone wants to take my guns, they'd have to eliminate me to do it. I think there are millions of others in the USA who feel the same way.

You can get around the high cost of ammo for rifles by loading your own ammo. I've been having to do that for my CETME (.308). Its an AR-15's daddy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info