Incident Report for 2016-06-09 Downtime

Wow GGG is the first I've seen to actually explain the issue! Most other games sweep occurrences similar to this under the rug leaving players scratching their heads.
GGG you have nothing short of my utmost respect for your honesty. This matter was frustrating sure, but many companies would not have dared be as frank. Yet instead of taking the easy way out you told us all the details and said in a rather genuine manner that you would be taking measures to prevent these types of downtimes from happening again.

In short; thank you. Posts like these are why I continue to feel GGG is the best company out there when it comes to online only titles.
https://www.pathofexile.com/shop - Support Path of Exile!
Hi,

Thanks for sharing so deeply. Next levels:

1. Show deploy script sources.
2. Ask community to debug.
3. Fire community.

Just kiddin' :P
and I've only died 39 times. (c) Libbritania ( tokimeki ).
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
Thanks for being transparent about the incident that occurred almost two hours ago, Jonathan.

Ditto. Though, to be frank, and perhaps a bit cynical, he has made these mea culpa posts at least a few times in the past so it's good to see at least one thing remain consistent at GGG. :)
POE Serenity Prayer: GGG, grant me the serenity to accept the RNG I cannot change,
the courage to challenge any unbalanced content, and the wisdom to avoid the forums.
Mad: "Oh, it's simple and if you insist... I just think you're a dick. That's all."
QFT: 4TRY4C&4NO
There is still something going on, at least for some of us. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1677513/page/1
mistakes just happen. but if just wrongly naming a build can cause such hassle, it's much easier to break things. glad you're fixing it.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Thank you Jonathan for beeing so open about those things - you and your team are amazing. Taking time out of your day and writing a report for the community as a Lead Programmer... i don't no any company which would do that!
I can never understand why they go full 'omg this was so bad' on downtime issues.

A few things to put some perspective.

The map I lost, the currency I put into it, the items I looted while in it that were rolled back, far more annoying than a 30 min downtime.

But GGG don't really seem to be bothered that we can lose maps from server problems and everything that goes with them several times a day. Then there's the uber lab, farm 40 maps for an offering only to have the game crash half way through, normally I'd jump back into the portals for a normal map but not for lab. Farm another x maps, try again, oh server crash this time, such fun.

30 min downtime isn't unacceptable, it's cool.

All the shit that you guys seem to think IS acceptable and even design content so that it is extremely time consuming (unless you buy it) to access with no fail safe for server or game crash, is where there are problems with acceptable.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jun 9, 2016, 3:09:03 AM
"
prevent this level of catastrophic failure

yeah, the Titanic was a joke in comparison.
IGN TylordRampage
GG GGG. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info