Incident Report for 2016-06-09 Downtime

Okay, this information post was one of the most excited (yes!) posts i've ever seen.
Why? Because i really play a lot of games, but i don't know any developer that has ever did something you did here. This level of transparency is VERY welcome by the community and i want to say THANKS for this generous support!

On top of that i want to say THANKS to the great community as well. We are far away from the communities of MOBA games where you get flamed by making mistakes. Everybody here is helping each other on a very kindly level.

I really looking forward to the next years of playing with you guys. See you in Wraeclast!
ok interesting
i was watching some streamers for 25mins so that was fine with me that it had a little downtime
Dont like kissing ass but holy shit the responce of ggg, other companies can learn a thing or 2 from this.
As for the downtime yeah sure it sucks but he its an online game shit happens.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Really good report. Nice to see that the CEO still understands things like scripting and symlinks.
27 minutes downtime is unacceptable? Lol

Who cares, it's no big deal. Shit happens.

Thanks for the info though! I was wondering what happened.
27 minutes to fix a catastrophic error like that is excellent. In my office, I doubt I'd be able to get anyone to look at a problem for the first 15 minutes.
CharanJaydemyr:some people need to really rethink how they spend their money....I will trash this item if I ever find it on principle...I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one. Not GGG's finest hour.
poeurl.com/bD4E
"
60x7 wrote:
I want a refund

Of course please send me your bank info so I can send you your rebate of $00000000
Cool, cool, so your terrible coding practices are getting fixed up a bit... how about that item logging you still aren't doing? Way more important than avoiding downtime IMO....
Last edited by codetaku on Jun 9, 2016, 8:46:15 AM
As a future programmer (currently studying),i must say that solving this problem in just 15 minutes is insane...
And thanks for sharing was really interesting to read about what happened
Hmm I guess spelling IS important, huh? :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info