Incident Report for 2016-06-09 Downtime

"
Mythabril wrote:
This reads like a "Seconds from Disaster" episode.

lol yeah
right click, Translate to English ;)
I can't unlock mail received.Trouble as soon as possible to solve, thank you!
Its so sad that you guys feel the need to do these reports. A video game didnt work for half an hour. ooooooo nooooooo
Interesting read but I think you guys are far too defensive here. What is a short downtime like that? Games these days are unplayable for a whole weekend (Hi! blizzard :) without any communication.

What you are doing is amazing and you shouldn't feel the need to justify anything.

Thanks!
Perception is reality.
"
yungwhiz wrote:
Its so sad that you guys feel the need to do these reports. A video game didnt work for half an hour. ooooooo nooooooo

It isn't about a video game not being available. This is their life work and a legitimate business with REAL consequences for down time like this. For the sys admin this is the equivalent of committing a foul which leads to a goal against which leads to a loss and will be thinking about it for a while as his co-workers try to tell him mistakes happen. The good thing about a human is that they're slow so the mishap is contained to a few servers.. in this case the sysadmin's (potentially same person) automation did what it was supposed to, quickly and efficiently. Kudos to the admin for fixing this so quickly..

... damn symlinks.
Considering the amount of damage that was caused, the whole incident got fixed REALLY quick. Thanks for sharing these things with us, things like that give us players a little more insight in the processes that make the game work.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Great job bringing the information to us. Like others said some online game companies don't have transparency, and really does make GGG stand apart.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE̎̑͆̏
No other game does this as responsive as GGG does. Not even paid games.

Keep up the great work!!
Appreciate the transparency and the promptness. Interesting read.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info