Mathil's Shield Charge FaceBreaker - The... Pinball?

"
The_Gurk wrote:
"
PoE_Is_P2W wrote:

#1 HC was facebreaker shield charge, you can look up his char on the ladder.

He was using BoR istead of Abyssus.

Yeah saw that. That's why I'm asking, do people using abyssus die? Or is he using BoR just as a precaution?
BoR gives block, less damage, no level 20 gems and doesnt allow for a good chest piece. Abyssus means more damage coming in and if you chose the Great Old Ones Ward, you wont have much armour nor physical mitigation. I am currently level 86 on SC and died three times, once to traps and twice due to being lazy and not identifying strongboxes. With good gear, you will sit on more than 6k life and can reach acceptable amounts of armour with both an good chest and armour based shield.

With that being said, rang 1 on HC didnt even do hard maps anyway. From what I saw on reddit, grinding T7-T9 (Strand, Gorge) is the way to go.
"
The_Gurk wrote:
"
PoE_Is_P2W wrote:

#1 HC was facebreaker shield charge, you can look up his char on the ladder.

He was using BoR istead of Abyssus.

Yeah saw that. That's why I'm asking, do people using abyssus die? Or is he using BoR just as a precaution?

Im 81 on my first char this league (HCProph), only played like 16 hours on the char and its really strong, the leech makes me feel quite tanky but I havent started hard maps yet. Got lucky with a taste of hate which I sold to get a 6link and 40% abyssus. Rest of gear still needs work.

Spoiler
Thanks for the feedback. Feels like for HC it's either BoR + Great old ones ward or abyssus + rare high armor shield. A bit too risky going both abyssus and ward, or? Might also grab IR and switch to grace for the armor.
Yeah, I won't be using Great old ones ward, the amount of armour you can get from your shield is insane with the passive skill tree used in this thread. The damage is already really good anyway.
After Headsman Ascendancy skill for Slayer, which skill should i choose next?
Got an upgrade today.

I tried to 6-link it (4ex down the drain) and will now probably leave it a 5-link. The damage from added fire is probably not needed and I really like having Herald of Ash, Hatred and Blasphemy + Vulnerability available. Hexproof map? No problem, swap as you like.

These are my current stats at level 87. My accessoires and jewels could use some love, other than that I am pretty happy with what I got so far.

Spoiler

My gear
Spoiler

I will probably play this char until 90 and then reroll Berserker with all 20q gems and see how it goes.
This build is really fun and really fast playing solo. But it doesn't seem to scale that well in group play and I'm having big problems with physical damage in uber lab with only 2 additional people in my group. I'm level 84, res capped, 5100 life. The gear requirements are so strict I'm not sure where I can improve anything. I think my next build is going to be Angryaa's Juggernaut.
By far the most fun I've ever had in a build. Just hit 71 in Hardcore Prophecy and destroying everything. Clearspeed is insane, 250M xp/hr in dried lake without even trying. Kind of ruined other builds for me hah!
I cant find the ascendancy node names and what order to take them in. could you please write that? I want to go for AOE ascendancy.
I just hit 90lvl and this build is so funny, the best part is the insane clear speed.

My current gear
Spoiler

Offence stats in hideout with HOA, Vulnerability, Light Golem
Spoiler

Defence stats in hideout
Spoiler

Now, my goal is to gain more armour passives to feel more safe :D

Oh, and almost forget, thanks Mathil and cheers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info