Mathil's Shield Charge FaceBreaker - The... Pinball?

can you add lvling trees?
"
moniek909 wrote:
can you add lvling trees?

You don't need lvling tree, because skill tree goes straight forward, so it's easy to take all nodes what You need primarly.
Last edited by Toxinok on Jul 3, 2016, 6:24:18 AM
My Slayer is now level 90 and I thoroughly enjoy this build. Thanks, Mathil.

As mentioned before, Great Old One's Ward isn't the best choice. It's good for getting some decent damage output in the earlier stages but later when you have to work a lot harder for your xp you want a "proper" shield and with maxed gems you won't have to worry about damage. It would be a shame to let the shield defense bonus from Defiance, Solidity and Retaliation go to waste. I went with Lioneye's Remorse which is dirt cheap and offers more HP, higher block and decent defense, also, the -25 projectile damage reduction makes the bloody porcupines less scary. ;)

My Shield Charge tooltip DPS shows 20k with all buffs and charges up. My gear:

Spoiler

And no, you really don't need a leveling tree... just travel to Resolute Technique, Amplify and the Scion life wheel, then pick up the other goodies as you go along. Simple as that.
Last edited by tomay on Jul 4, 2016, 1:39:04 PM
So just reached 90 some hours ago and I'm pretty much done with this build.
Was very fun to play and pretty strong aswell, especially good for starting on a new league.
The build also grows more and more depending on how much you can spend on it.
Did alot of things, except for Uber, Pale Council and T15, those I still have to try.
My current gear can be seen here, and tree + jewels on my profile I think.
Spoiler

I'm not completely done, since I still want to get some enchants, maybe a +1 maginord's, curse vulnerability on hit facebreaker with a near perfect phys roll and better jewels.

But it has been a good ride so far!
Last edited by Mukaujoka on Jul 3, 2016, 5:22:23 PM
is there a non budget version with an actual weapon for more ias/more dps or do facebreakers outshine that so much?
IGN: Kitaen
I get max 140 physical damage from items added to attacks, without a weapon, my Facebreaker will add 793% to that, there is no 1hd weapon in the game that would come even close. Yes, you may have some more damage scaling passives available with a weapon but even then the build would likely be inferior in terms of damage output.

And thanks to Blood Rage and Onslaught attack speed is not really an issue, even without weapon IAS this build is fast af, the clear speed is incredible. ;)

CoC/Shield Charge, however, is a viable alternative and for this you'd be using a Vagan dagger... but that's a different story.
Last edited by tomay on Jul 5, 2016, 9:31:28 AM
"
Mukaujoka wrote:
maybe a +1 maginord's

+1 Maximum Endurance Charge? I just got 5% increased Radius of Area Skills, for 2c it was a steal. ;)

"
Mukaujoka wrote:
curse vulnerability on hit facebreaker with a near perfect phys roll

I have seen 785% offered last night... only 7ex. :D

is this a good amulet to scale dmg and use some claw nodes?
(yes i'm talking about standard only item)
Spreading salt since 2006
"
DiGG wrote:
"
yeessen wrote:
Mana leech on physical damage on ur amulet/rings

Of course... works kinda right, well much better, but against very small packs or a boss, its really not enough. Hmm. Got ONE ring with 0.39% phys dmg as mana... I either need mana regen or much more mana leech. Any more ideas?

I Have only .24 and i never miss mana .

What your dps ?
nice build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info