Mechanical Questions Thread

"
tzuiop wrote:
Does Melee Damage like in the starting nodes of the Templar also apply to poison from Melee Skills? Similar to Projectile Damage applying to Poison from Projectile Skills.

Nope, just another reason on the long list of why ranged >>> melee.
Last edited by Meridin on Aug 15, 2016, 12:08:42 AM
As far as I can remember the GGG logic behind it is something like: There are no Melee Spells, so Melee will always mean Attack. However, Projectile can be either Attack or Spell, so it has to be a generic delivery type.

I really disagree with that, though; even though generic melee damage bonuses are few and far between, Melee is really just a damage delivery type just like Projectile, so Melee should get the same kind of treatment.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
I have question about the area damage portion of Kinetic Blast.

The skill states:
Deals (120.0 to 146.6)% of Base Attack Damage
Creates 4 explosions
25% less Area Damage
(0 to 19)% increased Area of Effect radius

What is the explosion Area damage based on? The projectile damage of KB or our base attack damage?
Another way to phrase this question would be: Does 'Increased/More Projectile damage' scale the damage of explosion damage?
I believe that the common understanding is that the explosion damage is 75% of the kinetic blast projectile damage, and therefore having more projectile damage would buff the explosion damage as well. However a friend of mine expressed his doubt on this, so I would like to hear a clarification.
Hi there,

I'm trying to determine how much HP vs Regen would best suit my Animate Guardian to make it as tanky as possible, but the info on the Wiki got me lost.

On a fairly recent debate on Reddit, it's user informed that his lvl 19 Animate Guardian had 7380 HP with it's own 72% IncLife (informed by Mark from GGG) .
https://m.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4hmtjb/need_insight_on_animate_guardian_item/

Mark has also informed it is calculated as every monster or player in the game.

But the Wiki also has a Monster HP Chart at Animate Guardian's page, saying that a lvl68 Monster (I assume it's equiv. to Gem lvl19) should have 7380 HP.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Animate_Guardian

So Reddit's info and Wiki's info match in value, but Mark said that the 72% Increased Life is taken into account of the Gem's tooltip, so I'm assuming that Chart is specific for the Guardian values or either monsters in the game follow the same IncLife mods as AG do.

According to Rory's spreadsheets, a lvl 19 Animate Guardian should have 2946 HP (I assume it's a base value without it's own IncLife). On AG's 2.0 Patch Notes it says "The Guardian's base survivability has been increased by 50%.", so 2946*1.5=4419 HP is way closer to the actual HP values from Wiki/Reddit but it still doesn't match.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13YHoN25bHvWyAk9_cpRneOIYwhSC7GWVW8letpvFX68/edit#gid=5

A) How does Rory's values and the Wiki/Reddit's values match? Are they outdated? If so, is there a new spreadsheet for other minion stats as well?

I'm planning on running The Oak on myself with Necromantic Aegis + The Oak on the Guardian for 12% HP/s on Low Life, but I need to reach high HP values to avoid 1 shots on his low life. This way I can reach 20% HP/s on Low Life for him, which would get him way out of the Low Life zone in less than 2s.

So Zahndethus' Cassock grants 4% HP/s  on Sacred Ground, but Belly of the Beast offers 40% Increased Life...

I need to get those Life values to make the best choice.

B) I'm assumming lvl19 AG's base HP is 4290 (because 4290*1.72=7380 HP). So a Kaom's Heart will bring him to 4759*1.72=8238 HP, right?

C) Necromantic Aegis + Springleaf will grant 6% HP/s to my Minions when they are in Low Life, not when I am, correct?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by DBawss on Jul 13, 2016, 10:44:57 AM
death's door unique boots drop only from intricate locker in silver room or can drop from any mobs, chests after last fight?
All my builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1830178
Hi, I'd like to ask a question about chancing the headhunter belt.

Does the base leather belt item level matter or can it be an ilvl 20 leather belt and it would have the same chance and result?
"
desolathor wrote:
Hi, I'd like to ask a question about chancing the headhunter belt.

Does the base leather belt item level matter or can it be an ilvl 20 leather belt and it would have the same chance and result?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Item_level
"The item level does not affect the possible unique items that can spawn when using an Orb of Chance on an item. For example: If you use an orb of chance on a Chain Belt with an item level of 10, it is possible to get an Auxium unique belt, even though this belt only drops in maps with a monster level higher than 72."
"
Exodus_820 wrote:
What is the explosion Area damage based on? The projectile damage of KB or our base attack damage?

Lets read again Kinetic Blast Skill:
=> Deals (120.0 to 146.6)% of Base Attack Damage (so it's your BaseAtkDmg*1.466@lvl20).
=> Creates 4 explosions, 25% less Area Damage (so it's simply (1-0.25)*BaseAtkDmg*1.466@lvl20 each).

"
Exodus_820 wrote:
Does 'Increased/More Projectile damage' scale the damage of explosion damage?

As stated above, the Projectile damage is based on your BaseAtkDmg*1.466@lvl20, and the Explosion deals 25% Less than that damage. So Increased Projectiles passives should increase the overall damage of the skill. Meanwhile, Increased Area Damage should increase only the Explosions damage.

"
Exodus_820 wrote:
...and therefore having more projectile damage would buff the explosion damage as well.

Adding projectiles have no impact whatsoever on the output damage of Kinetic Blast's explosions. If you fire 2 Projectiles, the damage formula would still be the same as stated above. However, each Projectile generates 4 Explosions, so you would be triggering 8 Explosions.

Do remember that skills do not "shotgun", so firing 5 projectiles on a single target will only hit it once, but with enough Increased Area buffs your Explosions can overlap and infact hit your target for (1*ProjectileDamage + 4*ExplosionDamage) and if enemies are clustered, you could hit 1 target for (1*ProjectileDamage + 5*4*ExplosionDamage), assumming all your 5 shots hit a nearby enemy, which might be quite useful.

I hope I have helped you.
Last edited by DBawss on Jul 13, 2016, 12:38:11 PM
I've made a freezing pulse build with full fire conversion. If I take liege of the primordial and use a fire golem and ice golem, do I get a combined 80% elemental buff, 40% from the fire, and the converted 40% from the ice golem?
Hello. I have questions :) I'm sorry for my terrible english. :)

1. Enchances in helmet from labiryth work with Vaal Skills? I mean, play Vaal RF and if in helmet have RF radious

(12% increased Righteous Fire Radius)
Its work with vaal skill?

2. If i play Elementalist in Burning Mode (Flameblast & Vaal RF) and if i wear x2 Comsuming Dark dagger( at all 90% fire conversion to chaos) i have burning dmg from last 10% fire dmg or overall dmg what i hit to mob chaos + fire? (in elementalist spread)

3. How works Pyre when i use "vortex" skill to convert cold to fire(100%) and ignite enemys die, still work ele prolif and burning to other from elementalist? when bodys disappear? And how i can convert "Vortex" skill degen cold ? to fire? its possible? i try pyre/fire to avatar but that dont work.

4. I can ask why Pendulum of Distruction (Elementalist Skill), no have 4sec icon near auras etc? i dont know when i have it, and its same with Herald of Thunder, why dont see how much have "charge" bolts to use(auto lightning hit), that be good in bomber build what base on it.
If you have informations your team work with it or plans enter it, can tell yes/no? :) That very help me and other ppl.

5. I have after last patch "drops" fps after open PoE and first map, i think "textures or files" must load, and it drop. I Have x3 disc, x2 SSD and 1 HDD.
-First SSD is only for Windows & Programs,
-Second SSD is for games i play well, PoE, WoT, Overwatch, Lineage 2.
-Third HDD is for other files/games/etc.

I want know why i have drops in GTX 770 MSI, 8gb Ram, Intel i5-4670K 3.40 GHZ i use Win 7 64b. Witcher 3 work in 55-60 fps in very high/ultra settings, poe.... i know optymalization and others but after that patch is tragedy in my and friend computer, same componets only he have GTX 970 Gigabite. In poe w/o V.sych have 200-300 fps(in different location) that can drop to 0 for 1-10sec in first moments.
I test other SSD/HDD and get new from dad work to test, always that same, i try off settings or "tomato" textures, always fps drops.
Have any solution for it?

Very Thanks for answer me, and read this bad english at all.
Last edited by BloodlessKhorne on Jul 14, 2016, 5:12:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info