Mechanical Questions Thread

Zealotry watcher's eye jewel

I would like to know the mod "Critical Strikes Penetrate X% of Enemy Elemental Resistances while affected by Zealotry". Does it interact with mine/trap critical strike? or only initial strikes can be applied in this case.
What is the heal from Maligaro's Lens classified as? Is it just straight recovery?

It doesn't seem like a buff or aura really fits the bill. I want to know if it's possible to scale the area at all. It seemed like the new Necromancer's Plaguebringer "If you've Consumed a corpse Recently, you and your Minions have 30% increased Area of Effect" helped, but other sources of Minion Area of Effect do not seem to be having an effect.
Hey there, so Azyran's Reward divination card can result in a corrupted watchers eye, but yet my card (Mitts) which gives a unique pair of gloves does not give atziris acuities.

I hope that's a bug with Azyran's Reward, because if not I'm going to be severly disappointed in the pool from which my card grants uniques from vs other cards.
Why would that card grant a gated item when mine does not?
"
calcalator01 wrote:
Zealotry watcher's eye jewel

I would like to know the mod "Critical Strikes Penetrate X% of Enemy Elemental Resistances while affected by Zealotry". Does it interact with mine/trap critical strike? or only initial strikes can be applied in this case.
Traps, mines, and totems benefit from your offensive modifiers, so yes, your traps and mines will penetrate resistances, provided Zealotry is affecting you (it doesn't matter whether Zealotry affects your traps, mines, or totems).
"
MonkeyLink07 wrote:
What is the heal from Maligaro's Lens classified as? Is it just straight recovery?

It doesn't seem like a buff or aura really fits the bill. I want to know if it's possible to scale the area at all. It seemed like the new Necromancer's Plaguebringer "If you've Consumed a corpse Recently, you and your Minions have 30% increased Area of Effect" helped, but other sources of Minion Area of Effect do not seem to be having an effect.
It's just life recovery, not leech or regeneration. It's not a buff or aura. Since it's not a skill, I don't think Area of Effect modifiers would affect it. Most likely there's no way to increase the definition of "nearby" on the item.
"
Hey there, so Azyran's Reward divination card can result in a corrupted watchers eye, but yet my card (Mitts) which gives a unique pair of gloves does not give atziris acuities.

I hope that's a bug with Azyran's Reward, because if not I'm going to be severly disappointed in the pool from which my card grants uniques from vs other cards.
The rule for divination cards which grant a random unique items is that they can grant any item that's part of the normal drop pool, including league-restricted items. They can't grant boss drops (such as Atziri's Acuity), vendor-only uniques, lab-only uniques, or any other unique item that couldn't drop from a normal monster of the appropriate level. Since there's exactly one prismatic jewel fitting that description (the Anima Stone), the developers made an exception for Azyran's Reward, but there are plenty of unique gloves available for Mitts.
"

"
ekaye wrote:
The rule for divination cards which grant a random unique items is that they can grant any item that's part of the normal drop pool, including league-restricted items. They can't grant boss drops (such as Atziri's Acuity), vendor-only uniques, lab-only uniques, or any other unique item that couldn't drop from a normal monster of the appropriate level. Since there's exactly one prismatic jewel fitting that description (the Anima Stone), the developers made an exception for Azyran's Reward, but there are plenty of unique gloves available for Mitts.

Okay. You are saying this, but watcher's eye is a boss only drop (elder) yet you can still get it as a return from this card. Why does this card get special treatment?
Last edited by Celorien on Sep 28, 2019, 10:30:31 PM
Hi, I write this here because I see this discussion as most meaningful. I've been playing for a while and I was in a corrupted area easily killing everybody with all my spells, in the end I killed boss, got a vaal orb and used it to modify my necklace. Idk though if it was due to the orb or whatever else, in that moment my strength and intelligence dropped to 14 and my dexterity jumped to 124 (before I've had about 50 str. and int. and about 90 dex.)(that means I can't use almost any of my skills. I could before though) I've been looking on wiki and even here for similar issue, but I haven't found any orb with effect like this, so I ask. Is it a bug or am I just stupid?
Last edited by RefSniper on Sep 29, 2019, 6:55:19 AM
"
Celorien wrote:
Okay. You are saying this, but watcher's eye is a boss only drop (elder) yet you can still get it as a return from this card. Why does this card get special treatment?
If you're asking why GGG decided to bend one of their thousands of game rules in this one case, because it's their game and they can do that if they want. If they want useless items to drop once in a blue moon, they can do that. If they want Kitava to wear giant Kamina shades if you grind to level 100 before you fight him, they can do that. If they want to implement a strongbox that drops 69,420 liters of rhoa poop, they can do that. If, when asked by a patron who has paid handsomely for the privilege, they create a divination card which rewards a random unique item from a base type which would normally have only a single eligible unique, and decide to add a second so that the reward isn't effectively the same item every time, they can do that.
"
RefSniper wrote:
Hi, I write this here because I see this discussion as most meaningful. I've been playing for a while and I was in a corrupted area easily killing everybody with all my spells, in the end I killed boss, got a vaal orb and used it to modify my necklace. Idk though if it was due to the orb or whatever else, in that moment my strength and intelligence dropped to 14 and my dexterity jumped to 124 (before I've had about 50 str. and int. and about 90 dex.)(that means I can't use almost any of my skills. I could before though) I've been looking on wiki and even here for similar issue, but I haven't found any orb with effect like this, so I ask. Is it a bug or am I just stupid?
It sounds like you got the result that rerolls the item to a rare with random mods, and it removed the Strength and Intelligence bonuses and added a Dexterity one. Consider this a lesson to never use a Vaal Orb on an item you wouldn't be willing to kiss goodbye.
I'm sorry, I was told to post in here by customer support. I didn't know I was just going to get player feedback, I thought oh maybe GGG will reply to me. I appreciate your input but I came to that conclusion myself as well.

And it is that kind of stuff, GGG not staying consistent, as to why I have been playing less and less and less. :(
Last edited by Drevvska on Sep 29, 2019, 1:55:43 PM
"
ekaye wrote:
If you're asking why GGG decided to bend one of their thousands of game rules in this one case, because it's their game and they can do that if they want. If they want useless items to drop once in a blue moon, they can do that. If they want Kitava to wear giant Kamina shades if you grind to level 100 before you fight him, they can do that. If they want to implement a strongbox that drops 69,420 liters of rhoa poop, they can do that. If, when asked by a patron who has paid handsomely for the privilege, they create a divination card which rewards a random unique item from a base type which would normally have only a single eligible unique, and decide to add a second so that the reward isn't effectively the same item every time, they can do that.

I think we all understand that GGG can do what ever they want but do not use your personal opinion if someone is asking for a reply from GGG.

But to explain why this is a issue since you seem to understand enough about the game, you should be well aware that bending 1 rule for one person generally doesn't go very well. Card have always worked the same way when it was about giving unique item, following the same sets of rules ( been working pretty well so far). If you choose the break your own rules for 1 specific card, this is going to have consequence in the future when ppl want to summit card ; if GGG have broken there rules once why would they not do it for me too right???? (If you think no one will act like this you are just not honest). When it come to breaking rule in a game some doesn't really change the game in a big way, but some rules must stay the way they are just to make thing less complicated and you won't hurt ppl feelings ( beacuse yeah ppl get butthurt when you don't make special rules for them but did it for someone else).

Dro has replied to GGG in a pretty civilized way but not everyone will do that, if GGG want to make thing simple and avoid losing time over stupid stuff there are some rules that they shouldn't change.

Now thats how things are but its there game they can do what they want. But pls your opinion
"
Since there's exactly one prismatic jewel fitting that description (the Anima Stone), the developers made an exception for Azyran's Reward, but there are plenty of unique gloves available for Mitts.
isn't GGG answer to is question, im sure GGG will answer him no need to lose your time on that.

A day w/o dealing with stupid ppl is like....Never mind. Ill tell u if it ever happens
Last edited by philophil on Sep 29, 2019, 3:44:27 PM
How am I supposed to do a big Cortex fight? I have no idea which one I had exactly, but it had multiple stages and I lost my last portal at stage 5.

Stage 1 was that spheric robot guardian, stage 2 was something named perfected or masterpiece, looked like a transformer, than a portal wave with minions, then stage 1 boss again, and finally died at the second coming of stage 2 boss.

I get the telegraphed attacks of their (slam, leap slam, lasers), but sometomes I got huge damages out of nowhere, like I got reflected or something.

I am killing bosses with barrage + impale, so usually I try to wait for their big moves (like shooting a laser in a direction), then dash into their face (point blank), pop all my flasks and go crazy. But it didn't really work here, especially with against that transformer guy, and sadly, there are no minions to charge my potions up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info