Mechanical Questions Thread

Quick question. Can masters still appear randomly in a map (like they do in the act zones), or only when you specifically activate Atlas Mission? I think I've done more than 30 maps so far and not once have I encountered a master this way. Is it just really bad luck or did they remove this altogether and you can only trigger master missions directly?
So I recently killed Elder and upon getting him to his unstable phase he dropped a regular unique jewel instead of a watcher's eye, is the watcher eye guaranteed from the unstable phase or is it only a chance that it will drop?

I was referred to this thread by support.
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
hello!! i want to ask you the skill gem curse on hit support triggered by herald of ice, can be use using both elemental weakness and frostbite will it apply both curses?? (elemental weakness reduce resistances 39%+frostbite another 44% for a total of 83% also in my main body armor i have cold damage penetration support it ignores another 37% does all these reductions apply? because if this is the case will i really be able to reduce the enemy cold resistance 120 in one go?
Question regarding the "Corpse Pact" Ascendancy node:

Do the corpses created by a desecrate spell totem receive the 50% max life Bonus or are they considered not to be created by you since the totem spawned them?

Thanks in advance!
::::::::▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄::::::::::::::
::::::▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌:::::::::::
:::: ▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█:::::::::
::  ▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌:::::::
::▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄:::::
Hey, I have a question regarding Yoke of Suffering.

The line: Enemies take 5% increased Damage for each type of Ailment you have inflicted on them

Does this work with minions, totems, skitterbots, etc., or does the "you" tag mean only ailments dealt by the player character itself will increase damage taken?
Hi

My question is regarding the the interaction of elemetal equilibrium and added damage to spells modifier on my wand that is of different element than my main spell.

I’m using ice nova and have added lightning damage to spells on my wand - which one is counted as “first hit” in relation to proccing ee, the lightning damage or the cold damage? In other words do I gain or lose damage bearing in mind I ‘m cold based?

Thanks a lot for clarifying!
Keep on keeping on...
"
TheAmigoBoyz wrote:
Hey i have a mechanics question hope you can answer it :)

I was looking into some of the mods on the Watcher's eye jewel for my build and was wondering if the mod "Consecrated Ground you create while affected by Zealotry causes enemies to take (8-10)% increased Damage" stacks with the “Consecrated Ground created during Effect applies (7-10)% increased Damage taken to Enemies” from the Bottled Faith flask.

Since the jewel mod doesn't specify that the consecrated ground has to be created from the aura itself, i assume this work -I am just unable to test it, and therefore i was wondering if you could help me wether or not this works.

Best regards TheAmigoBoyz
You're correct that the Watcher's Eye mod applies to all consecrated ground you create, regardless of whether it's from Zealotry (as long as you're affected by Zealotry). So both Damage Taken mods will apply in this case.
"
Kadadr wrote:
Quick question. Can masters still appear randomly in a map (like they do in the act zones), or only when you specifically activate Atlas Mission? I think I've done more than 30 maps so far and not once have I encountered a master this way. Is it just really bad luck or did they remove this altogether and you can only trigger master missions directly?
Masters do randomly appear in maps, it's just much less common than before.
"
So I recently killed Elder and upon getting him to his unstable phase he dropped a regular unique jewel instead of a watcher's eye, is the watcher eye guaranteed from the unstable phase or is it only a chance that it will drop?

I was referred to this thread by support.
Watcher's Eye isn't guaranteed. The Elder drops exactly one of his exclusive unique items; getting to his unstable phase makes him eligible to drop Watcher's Eye, but doesn't guarantee it. Like any monster, he can also drop random uniques, which is how you got that unique jewel.
"
VentorKinetic wrote:
hello!! i want to ask you the skill gem curse on hit support triggered by herald of ice, can be use using both elemental weakness and frostbite will it apply both curses?? (elemental weakness reduce resistances 39%+frostbite another 44% for a total of 83% also in my main body armor i have cold damage penetration support it ignores another 37% does all these reductions apply? because if this is the case will i really be able to reduce the enemy cold resistance 120 in one go?
You can apply any number of curses at once with Curse on Hit, up to your curse limit, which by default is one. If you want to apply both curses, you'll need to increase your limit using something like a corrupted amulet or Whispers of Doom. Also note that bosses and similar tough monsters have 33% less curse effect on them, and the Shaper and Elder and their respective guardians have 66% less curse effect. Furthermore, Herald of Ice only hits when it explodes a frozen monster, so if you want to use it to apply curses, you'll need to explode a monster near the monster you want to curse; the added damage provided by Herald of Ice doesn't itself count as HoI hitting. As for Cold Penetration Support, if it supports HoI, the explosions it causes will penetrate cold resistance, but your other skills will neither penetrate nor apply the linked curses.
"
NoobinatoR_TV wrote:
Hi

My question is regarding the the interaction of elemetal equilibrium and added damage to spells modifier on my wand that is of different element than my main spell.

I’m using ice nova and have added lightning damage to spells on my wand - which one is counted as “first hit” in relation to proccing ee, the lightning damage or the cold damage? In other words do I gain or lose damage bearing in mind I ‘m cold based?

Thanks a lot for clarifying!
There is no "first hit" -- it's a single hit combining multiple damage types, and all of them will be considered by Elemental Equilibrium. If you do both lightning and cold damage, EE will apply +25% cold and lightning resistance and -50% fire resistance.
Hi i have a couple questions about the interactions between the following skills / items

Inpulsa's Broken Heart
Storm's Gift
Herald of Ice linked to proliferate

will a hit that does 0 lightning damage trigger inpulsa explosion because "enemies you kill are shocked" from storms gift?

if yes to the first question, will the mobs hit by the inpulsa explosion be shocked from the "shocks you inflict spread to other enemies within a 15 radius" or will the trigger of inpulsa remove the shock as the original dead enemy is gone?

the inpulsa explosion cant shock but it can freeze via the added cold damage from HoI & a crit or %chance to freeze?

If the initial hit that killed the mob froze it as well it will trigger both inpulsa & HoI explosion?

HoI explosions can freeze enemies, and with proliferate support attached spread freeze?

Enemies killed by HoI or inpulsa explosions get shocked from storms gift?

basically the bottom line is with Inpulsa + Storms gift + HoI with prolif + high freeze chance = massive chain reactions so long as monster density is enough to sustain it?

thanks!
"
arcondark wrote:
Hi i have a couple questions about the interactions between the following skills / items

Inpulsa's Broken Heart
Storm's Gift
Herald of Ice linked to proliferate

will a hit that does 0 lightning damage trigger inpulsa explosion because "enemies you kill are shocked" from storms gift?

if yes to the first question, will the mobs hit by the inpulsa explosion be shocked from the "shocks you inflict spread to other enemies within a 15 radius" or will the trigger of inpulsa remove the shock as the original dead enemy is gone?

the inpulsa explosion cant shock but it can freeze via the added cold damage from HoI & a crit or %chance to freeze?

If the initial hit that killed the mob froze it as well it will trigger both inpulsa & HoI explosion?

HoI explosions can freeze enemies, and with proliferate support attached spread freeze?

Enemies killed by HoI or inpulsa explosions get shocked from storms gift?

basically the bottom line is with Inpulsa + Storms gift + HoI with prolif + high freeze chance = massive chain reactions so long as monster density is enough to sustain it?

thanks!
"will a hit that does 0 lightning damage trigger inpulsa explosion because "enemies you kill are shocked" from storms gift?" IBH requires that the monster be Shocked when it dies. Storm's Gift Shocks the corpse after the monster dies. So the first monster you kill won't explode (unless you Shocked it some other way), but the Shock it proliferates can cause IBH to explode other enemies.

"if yes to the first question, will the mobs hit by the inpulsa explosion be shocked from the "shocks you inflict spread to other enemies within a 15 radius" or will the trigger of inpulsa remove the shock as the original dead enemy is gone?" The IBH explosion is specifically prevented from applying Shock. SG can still Shock the corpse, since that effect is unrelated to how you killed the monster, but exploded monsters (from IBH, Infernal Blow, Abyssal Cry and the like) don't leave corpses, so SG won't be able to propagate Shocks from them.

"the inpulsa explosion cant shock but it can freeze via the added cold damage from HoI & a crit or %chance to freeze?" Yes, the IBH explosion can Freeze enemies. However, I believe it has a base Critical Strike chance of 0%, so you'd need either flat added crit chance from something like Assassin's Mark, or added chance to Freeze.

"If the initial hit that killed the mob froze it as well it will trigger both inpulsa & HoI explosion?" Assuming the monster was Shocked when it died, yes, both explosions can trigger from the same kill.

"HoI explosions can freeze enemies, and with proliferate support attached spread freeze?" Yes, HoI explosions can cause Freeze, and Elemental Proliferation Support can proliferate that Freeze. However, in the likely event that the monster is killed by the explosion, it will shatter and not leave a corpse to proliferate.

"Enemies killed by HoI or inpulsa explosions get shocked from storms gift?" Assuming the monster was neither exploded nor shattered and thus leaves a corpse, yes, SG will Shock the corpse.

"basically the bottom line is with Inpulsa + Storms gift + HoI with prolif + high freeze chance = massive chain reactions so long as monster density is enough to sustain it?" You'll also need enough flat added cold and lightning damage that IBH can reliably Freeze and the HoI explosions can Shock, but yes, it's possible to cause a chain reaction this way. HoI can actually cause a chain reaction by itself, since the cold explosions can Freeze. The only thing SG would contribute is that if a monster died neither Shocked nor Frozen (so it left a corpse), it would Shock nearby monsters.
So i'm so confused about thing's like "Stuff YOU do" mechanics. My question is: Does "Noxious Strike" and/or "Toxic Delivery" FULLY work with traps. Does the "...increased poison duration for each poison you have inflicted..." work with traps? I've heard arguments that it does, and arguments that it doesn't work. I only saw the "YOU" part recently in the ascendancy and now i'm not sure i want to continue with my character if it doesn't work.
Last edited by jettroth on Sep 22, 2019, 4:20:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info