Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Good afternoon first of all.

I have a question I'd like to make regarding how the imbued "onslaught" on items synergizes with the ascension of raider " quartz infusion" and avatar of the veil.

First things first, when I equip the boots with imbued " onslaught" I don't get the buff on the top, and having another way that gets "onslaught" on kill for x seconds doesn't double onslaught which makes perfect sense but I think this should be reviewed due to the fact that it can gives the players some doubts and could cause people to not be sure if onslaught effect is active or not.

Second of all, if I understand correctly, "quartz infusion" says: you have phasing during onslaught.

Since I have permanent onslaught,I think that means I have permanent phasing.

Does this mechanics synergy mean I always have permanent added 10% to dodge spells, imunnity to ailments ( Ignite, chill, freeze, shock, scorch, brittle, sap, bleed, poison and ignite) and the increased movement speed?

Thank you so much for your time, keep up the great work GGG, game has been amazing since it started and has been getting better and better.

( On a final note, I'm posting this again, I had posted it on the other forum but I'm not sure where is the proper one to post this question)

Best regards
Onslaught is Onslaught, no matter where you get it from. If you have permanent Onslaught and Quartz Infusion, then you'll also have permanent Phasing. If you also have Avatar of the Veil, you'll also have all the benefits of that notable permanently. Note that AotV only protects from Elemental Ailments, not Poison or Bleeding.

As for why you don't see the icon, I think the developers decided to leave it out to save space on the top of the screen in the case where you have the buff permanently. It's easy for all those icons to overrun their space if you have Headhunter or lots of minions, auras, flask effects etc., so I guess they wanted to reduce clutter a little bit and expect you to remember that you have the buff at all times. Personally I think that should be a configurable option, and that the top bar in general needs looking at in light of the current meta.
"
sasueki wrote:
hi dear. GGG.

Terminus Est, from the "frenzy charge"

=

Is that the same thing you get from gem? (frenzy skill gem)

I can't abandon Terminus. I'd like to use another sword.
I need frenzy charge. Is it possible if I use Skill Gem?

Best regards
Frenzy Charges are Frenzy Charges, no matter where you get them from. If you can keep them topped off through the Frenzy skill, you don't need to use Terminus Est. Since they last at least 10 seconds, probably longer if you've been investing in passives, using the Frenzy skill occasionally should be easy enough.
"
Joyy28 wrote:
Добрый день!
У меня есть вопрос по поводу новый самоцветов.
Есть два ключевых поинта на древе талантов. Которые конвертируют получаемый урон от стихий в урон хаоса на 50%.
Почему когда беру второй такой же поинт, Он не работает вообще. Максимальное сопротивление хаоса 85%. И не поднимается до 90% (как написано на самом поинте (максимум не может превышать 90%)) Следовательно получаемый урон от стихий так же не конвертируется до 100%.

Translated google:

I have a question about the new gems.
There are two key points on the talent tree. Which convert the damage taken from the elements to chaos damage by 50%.
Why when I take the second such point, It does not work at all. The maximum chaos resistance is 85%. And it does not rise to 90% (as written on the point itself (the maximum can not exceed 90%)) Therefore, the damage received from the elements is also not converted to 100%.

This looks like it was already answered, but for the benefit of English speakers, Keystones never stack with themselves. Taking Divine Flesh a second time has no additional benefit.
"
anonymous2222 wrote:
Hello, I have a problem with leech on my character. It's a Slayer, that has the Endless Hunger Ascendancy along with 2 leech clusters (Vitality Void, Hematophagy) with 1.8% overall leech from any attack damage, and uses Vaal Pact. I use Dread Banner, Pride, Blood and Sand, Flesh and Stone auras + Blood Rage. The problem is, while clearing, my hp drops, but life leech isn't working all the time, sometimes, my hp jumps up a little, but in the end, i can never sustain life. Also, the transparent red indicator for leech shows up only for a brief moment, and disappers almost instantly. For bosses it happens only sometimes.
This sounds like something we'd need to see your character in Path of Building to investigate. But since you didn't take Brutal Fervour, your life leech is being removed at full life and will take some time to build up instances again. You also mentioned Pride and Dread Banner. Impale is considered Reflected damage and doesn't count for leech, and Pride doesn't help with leeching since it modifies Damage Taken, while leech only cares about Damage Dealt. If those are a big part of your DPS, it's possible that your effective damage for life leech purposes isn't enough at 1.8% for sustain.
Hi Guys!

I'm again stuck with building an custom build and I'm confused on the interaction between some skills. I've tried it in path of building, but it didn't show any change to the damage.

So now I don't know if it just doesn't work, or if I did something wrong.

I am using totem SRS. This worked very well last season but now I wanna change it a bit.

Can I get the SRS to scale with +chaos damage nodes?
Adding chaos damage support or Decay Support didn't do anything in PoB.

I wanted to boost the SRS damage by adding chaos damage and taking some chaos nodes.

If I could get this to work I could change my beloved SRS-Totem build and add essence drain and cont, since SRS and ED/Cont all get bonus through
- Minion Damage (Spiritual Aid)
- Longer Duration Nodes
- Necromancer Tree (spiritual node and offerings)

The only question now is if I can add the chaos damage to the SRS damage, because I want to reduce travel nodes to a minimum.
"

For augmenting minion stats, only modifiers that specifically say "to minions" work, or support gems linked to a minion gem.
As such [+X chaos damage] does not work on minions, it would have to say [Minions deal +X chaos damage] for example
Last edited by Topazhh on Jul 1, 2019, 1:17:57 PM
"
LexScript wrote:
Hi Guys!

I'm again stuck with building an custom build and I'm confused on the interaction between some skills. I've tried it in path of building, but it didn't show any change to the damage.

So now I don't know if it just doesn't work, or if I did something wrong.

I am using totem SRS. This worked very well last season but now I wanna change it a bit.

Adding chaos damage support or Decay Support didn't do anything in PoB.

I wanted to boost the SRS damage by adding chaos damage and taking some chaos nodes.

If I could get this to work I could change my beloved SRS-Totem build and add essence drain and cont, since SRS and ED/Cont all get bonus through
- Minion Damage (Spiritual Aid)
- Longer Duration Nodes
- Necromancer Tree (spiritual node and offerings)

The only question now is if I can add the chaos damage to the SRS damage, because I want to reduce travel nodes to a minimum.
Like the other guy said, modifiers don't affect Minions unless they say they do. That said, support gems do modify Minion skills as appropriate, so Added Chaos Damage Support and Decay Support should work properly. They showed their damage in PoB for me as well. Did your SRS have Brutality Support for whatever reason?

I looked into the options for Minion Chaos damage, and they weren't very promising. Since they do Physical damage with half converted to Fire, Unholy Might is the obvious choice, but the only ways for Minions to gain Unholy Might are Sin's Rebirth + Umbilicus Immortus (which doesn't work for SRS) and Vis Mortis (which works only when the Minion gets a kill, and Raging Spirits don't last long enough for that to be viable). I think elemental conversion with Elemental Equilibrium is much more viable, and put together a rough build concept:

https://pastebin.com/9TLkkmeU

Sorry it's a little sloppy, I hastily converted it from my own Minion build (Zombie/Skeleton with Armour stacking and Molten Shell). Let me know how it stacks up against your own build.
Hi, I have two questions about the interactions between multistrike support, ruthless support and bleeding mechanic.

1. Does multistrike's 2nd and 3rd hit also boost bleeding damage?

2. Does ruthless still occur every third multistrike, instead of occurring every third hit? (according to wiki)

Hi, I ask gggsupport and they redirect me to this forum post. When you chaos orb a rare, it randomizes the mod right?
Does it list all of the possible mod choices within a mod type (let say t5 fires, t4 fire res, t3 fire res so on and so forth with all the mod) and roll into one of the mod?
or does it list in sort of mod type like you can roll fire res, cold res, lightning res and when you do land upon it it will roll to see which tier of that you roll into?
I was doing some crafting with fossil to see if it worth it to apply corroded fossil to a body armour. it will remove all 24 or 3 resistance mod in the suffix zone depending on your answer on the above question.
sorry if this has been asked before but when and i guess why was CWDT changed to only count post mitigation damage and this has kind of destroyed a build i was planing on running with 2 heartbound loops and too many raging spirits
Hi,

I'd like to ask and confirm where the newly reworked Lioneye's Paws drop from. I have played atleast 12 hours a day since league launch and my friends and I have not seen a single pair drop. I've been wanting to play a RoA build in an SSF environemnt so I spent 3 hours farming The Lion cards in A6 and managed to get 10 sets, with not a single one giving the boots which I thought would have been a common drop.
I also ran around 10, 5 way fights with a support and HH hitting 5 rows of loot many times while I played trade league and I did not see it drop from the Legion Bosses there, but I did get an Asenaths Gentle Touch which made me think it might be boss loot only, however I did then soon after get a pair of gloves drop from Legion mobs later.
I'd just like to know if their drop location is restricted or are just incredibly rare or if after being changed can no longer be recieved from The Lion Cards, as presently I have literally wasted 3 hours of my time.

Last edited by itsmety on Jul 2, 2019, 5:37:27 AM
Hi,

if I have a level 10 Fortify Corrupt and a Levek 16 Fortify as explicit, which one counts?

Path of Building says the level 10 counts, but I'm kind of confused, since you would think the higher one applies (as, for example, it does with Maim-Debuff).
Last edited by Miroki7 on Jul 2, 2019, 2:46:11 PM
Good morning to everyone at GGG, my question is about the mechanics of "Magic Find" in the Legion, I wonder if this mechanic affects ALL Legion mobs or affects only mobs that do not carry some kind of Loot in their heads.
Sorry to bother with something like that but I did not find anything related to it either on the Site or on the wiki / reddit, thank you for your attention, have a nice day.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info