Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Mechanical Questions Thread

I have a question about the lab specifically about darkshrines, gauntlets, puzzles and Argus.

Was wondering if anyone on the team knows if it is intentional for darkshrines, gauntlets, puzzles and Argus to be missing from lab. Ran lab for February 4, 2019 4 times and it seems Argus did not spawn and 1 darkshrine was missing. The for February 7, 2019 also seems to have 2 darkshrines missing. Just wondering if this is a bug or intentional, thank you!
I'm "that lab dude from reddit and poelab."
"
Can buffs of different warcries buff be active at the same time?

Like a Berserker having the 400 flat regen buff from Enduring Cry and lets say 200% increased damage and 17 flat mana regen from Rallying cry doing their thing at the same time?

Please only answer if you really DOUBTLESSLY know it, refering to the wiki article without footnote is not a doubtless proof.

Yes they can, I set up an experiment and edited the wiki article about it. (check discussion in the warcry article).

Wow absolutely nobody knew about that but yea it wasnt possible like 1-2 years ago. I am sure I tried that before like 1-2 years ago and it didnt work cause enduring cry was overwriting rallying cry.

Only question left would be when exactly that was changed and why wasnt it in the patch notes.
Last edited by The_Human_Tornado on Feb 7, 2019, 2:27:11 PM
Hey!

I'm playing with a Chains of Command Necromancer using Oro's Sacrifice as the main weapon for my dude (Shaggy) who apparently is still able to ignite when wearing the new Flamesight helmet, but I have no idea if therefore he can't scorch as well.
Would be nice to know, wether this helmet and scorch works on Animated Guardian, or not!
Thanks!
why when i use vinktar and i wear inpulsa i'm not immunte to shock? inpulsa says : unaffected by shock.. is it a bug?
All my builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1830178
Unaffected means you can be shocked but shock isnt having any negative impact on your character.

Compare it your situation of the mathil build here: https://youtu.be/5gCpGX86xXs

He is having a watcher's eye with the mod "Unaffected by Vulnerability while affected by Determination" so he is still cursed with vulnerability all the time due to his belt and by doing so getting the benefits of counting as low life, but it doesnt make his character any more fragile than not being cursed by vulnerability.
"
Unaffected means you can be shocked but shock isnt having any negative impact on your character.

Compare it your situation of the mathil build here: https://youtu.be/5gCpGX86xXs

He is having a watcher's eye with the mod "Unaffected by Vulnerability while affected by Determination" so he is still cursed with vulnerability all the time due to his belt and by doing so getting the benefits of counting as low life, but it doesnt make his character any more fragile than not being cursed by vulnerability.

ah yes forgot that thing, thanks for the anwer
All my builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1830178
Hello, I'm still a bit of a noob with this game and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about the Lapidary Lens. I have one in my temple right now and I'm thinking about using it. I was trying to see what my odds were online, but I'm struggling to find good information.

Can the lens roll the vaal gem change when the gem doesn't have a vaal version? If it can, does it do nothing?

Do all the rolls have the same chance of happening?

Can I get the roll to lose a level and then the roll to gain a level, or are they the same roll? I read online that you can't get the same roll twice.
Hey, I'm trying to buff chaos damage and came across "Dirty Techniques" a Notable Passive Skill which buffs chaos damage and poison etc, one stat line on it reads "25% increased Chaos Damage with Attack Skills".

Im using Cyclone which has no base chaos damage on my weapon or any other chaos additions through my gear/gems, cyclone can still apply my poisons and bleeds off my main hand hits, would those hits that apply a poison or bleed by cyclone still get the increased 25% increased Chaos Damage with Attack skills since an "attack skill" is applying the debuff? Or is it more the case the skill/items need to have a base chaos value to be increased?

"
Tihi1982 wrote:
Can abyssal cry leech life and mana if i have for an example, Pain Reaver berserker node?
Abyssal Cry can leech just like any other damage. However, Pain Reaver currently only grants leech from attack damage, which Abyssal Cry doesn't deal. Unrestricted sources of leech, such as the support gems, will work.

"
BigBadPanda_ wrote:
Grip of council does not effect Mirror/Blink Arrow minions. Is this inteded or a bug ?
You are incorrect. It does affect them, and always has.

"
EKost wrote:
I completed prophecy Erase from the memory without killing anyone. I'm just entered Catarina's daily map and did it. How it can be?
This took a long time to investigate, and that's mostly wasted now by the time I'm posting this, because this won't come up again. The Prophecy didn't actually require that you, specifically kill a unique monster, only that one dies (presumably because this is better in party play). The corpses you can animate in Caterina missions were (in at least some cases) technically unique, which I believe was done because that has a side effect of making them better at following. Since monsters inherent default state is alive, and nothing can be chagned away from it's default state before it exists, spawning corpses technically spawns living monsters and then kills them. The result being that setting up the mission state could in theory cause the prophecy to technically complete.

"
Solonarv wrote:
I haven't been able to find out how exactly some traps (Blade Sentries, Sawblades, Spinning Blades) deal damage. Specifically, I want to find out whether they deal damage over time or use a rapid sequence of hits.over time).
Those three traps all exclusively deal damage-over-time. None of them can hit.

"
Uzyol wrote:
On POE Wiki http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Raise_Zombie written:

"Raised Zombie
Mods:

40% increased Armour
Monster has 33% more Attack Speed, 33% more Cast Speed and 33% less Damage (Hidden)
30% increased Stun Threshold (Hidden)
Resistances:

Normal: 35 / 35 / 35 / 0
Cruel: 35 / 35 / 35 / 0
Merciless: 35 / 35 / 35 / 0

Level---Life----Attack Speed----Damage

2-------43----------0.85---------9–22
3-------51----------0.85---------9–22
90-----11809-------0.85---------1644–4110
"
QUESTION:

1644-4110 damage - its damage WITH mod "33% less Damage" or NOT???

0.85 Attack per second - its APS WITH mod "33% more Attack Speed" or NOT???
This isn't really a mechanical questiopn, and I don't know the intent of the community members who added that table to the wiki, nor do I know where they sourced the information from for sure. However after raising some zombies at a few different levels and checking their stats I am confidant that the numbers displayed include the fixup modifier - they're very close to the actual final values the zombie has in-game once spawned and will use to hit things.

Regardless, the wiki really probaly shouldn't be displaying that "mod". It's part of an internal number-tweak and does not do what people think it does (and definitely doesn't do what the hover label on the wiki says).

"
hesz wrote:
I'm not sure how exactly the damage calculation with doomfletch prism (or for that matter doomfletch).

Is my train of thought correct?

I have some physical damage on the bow, and then:
1) I add flat physical damage from items
2) I multiply the sum from 1) by %increased physical damage
3) I get elemental damage equal to 110% of result from 2)
4) The elemental damage from 3) is then multiplied by the sum of %increased ele dmg, %increased matching element damage (fire for instance), %increased weapon elemental damage and %increased projectile damage, the physical damage from 2) is multiplied by %projectile damage

And the final damage is the sum of above physical and elemental damage, right?
No. No modifiers can be applied "between" conversions.
You total your base and additional physical damage, then gain elemental damage equal to 110% of that. This elemental damage has been converted from physical damage, so will be affected by modifiers to physical damage as well as elemental.
Then all relevant modifiers apply to the damage. The physical damage is affected by modifiers that apply to physical damage, while the elemental damage gained from the bow is affected by modifiers to either elemental or physical damage.
This gives the total final damage.

I suggest reading the wiki page on Damage Conversion if you are still confused, as that goes into greater detail with, examples.

"
hesz wrote:
Iron grip says that the strength bonus to physical damage applies to projectiles. Does that mean that it grants projectile damage, or physical projectile damage?
It expands from being a modifiers to melee (attack) physical damage (attack is implied, as melee is attack-specific), to modifying melee and projectile attack physical damage.
Herald of Agony grants Virulence whenever you poison an enemy, however:
"You will lose Virulence over time, at a rate which increases the more Virulence you have."

There doesn't seem to be any information available on the actual duration of Virulence, and as the duration changes as you gain/lose stacks of Virulence it's nearly impossible for players to measure.

So can we see what the actual formula behind Virulence? What's the base duration (At 0/1 stacks)? What about 20, or 40? It'd be really helpful for theorycrafting.

Edit: The specifics behind Master Toxicist's "You lose Virulence 50% slower" would be useful too, though I suspect that simply means the duration (whatever it may be) is doubled.
Last edited by Lothrik on Feb 14, 2019, 3:45:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info