Mechanical Questions Thread

If I have 2 Rapid Expansion jewels active and I link Ground Slam with Endurance Charge on Melee Stun Support then stun an enemy with it, do I have a 70% chance to gain 2 endurance charges, or is one of those sources redundant at that point?

For reference:

Endurance Charge on Melee Stun Support:
Gain an Endurance Charge when you Stun an Enemy with a Melee Hit from Supported Skills

Rapid Expansion:
Ground Slam has a 35% chance to grant an Endurance Charge when you Stun an Enemy
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
Hi does Gang's momentum increased damage vs ignited enemys, stack with Emberwake two ignites ?
"
xeriorek wrote:
Could I support New skill Winter Orb with spell totem?

So far there's no reason why that wouldn't work. RF and BV totems are possible afaik. The latter ones which are more similar to Winter Orb just aren't that efficient.

"
Cast while channeling.. Say I support a spell that hits. Is its critical chance based on the channeling skill's or its own? Is each trigger rolled separately, or is each trigger a critical hit during a critical channel?

Each spell has its own critical strike chance. If your channelling skill is an attack, the triggered spell will still use its own critical strike chance, not the weapon's.

"
NemoJr wrote:
If I have 2 Rapid Expansion jewels active and I link Ground Slam with Endurance Charge on Melee Stun Support then stun an enemy with it, do I have a 70% chance to gain 2 endurance charges, or is one of those sources redundant at that point?

For reference:

Endurance Charge on Melee Stun Support:
Gain an Endurance Charge when you Stun an Enemy with a Melee Hit from Supported Skills

Rapid Expansion:
Ground Slam has a 35% chance to grant an Endurance Charge when you Stun an Enemy

You can only ever gain one charge of each type per skill use, regardless of the conditions. The only things that work differently are modifiers that specifically refer to enemies; you use the skill only once (including repeats and other targets hit like Ancestral Call, splash, or projectiles), but multiple enemies can be hit.
These two modifiers specifically refer to whether the skill has stunned any enemy, not each enemy, so you can gain only one charge at most.

"
failplayer wrote:
Hi does Gang's momentum increased damage vs ignited enemys, stack with Emberwake two ignites ?

For the purpose of that modifier, an enemy is either ignited or not. Additional instances of ignite aren't counted.
An example of a wording that considers the number of instances would be The Taming's "20% increased Damage with Hits and Ailments per Freeze, Shock and Ignite on Enemy".
I want to learn more about damage & regeneration:

"Skills used during Flask effect grant 800% of Mana Cost as Life over 4 Seconds"

Does it regenerate 200% after 1s, 200% after 2s, 200% after 3s, 200% 4s after using the skill with the mana cost or is it distributed smaller?

I have 2000 life and am attacked with a physical damage of 1000 (after all attacker modifiers) that would count as a hit if it doesn't miss.

1) My evasion and dodge fails.

2) I didn't block.

3) I didn't shift the damage.

4) I have 50% physical damage reduction.

5) I have no "damage taken"- modifiers.

6) I have no energy shield or mind over matter. (Immortal call would be calculated here right? Are there other modifiers, that would be calculated in this step?)

=> I take 500 damage.

If I regenerate life before the attack happens I will not heal when on full life (Affects like slayer "Life Leech effects are not removed at Full Life" doesn't you save healing like a damage shield, but that leeching healing over time doesn't stop? (So this ascendancy point would have no effect, if leech is applied as a crit using legacy Atziri's acuity "Gain Life and Mana from Leech instantly on Critical Strike" ?)

Is the game time calculated with 10 comma points in s or does it use the frame (if i have 10 fps, 10 per second?) or does it depend on the subject?

Now I take the damage.

If I heal at the same time (frame?) will I heal at the same time as the damage is applied? Is it possible to take 5000 damage (after mitigation) with a character that has 2000 life if I have 1000000 life regeneration per second?

Assuming I get hit by all 3 shaper cold balls: Will I always heal in between them even if they have very quick succession (even if I have low fps) or are there game mechanics that may prevent it or does it depend on the heal how often it actually heals me?
"
You can only ever gain one charge of each type per skill use, regardless of the conditions. The only things that work differently are modifiers that specifically refer to enemies; you use the skill only once (including repeats and other targets hit like Ancestral Call, splash, or projectiles), but multiple enemies can be hit.
These two modifiers specifically refer to whether the skill has stunned any enemy, not each enemy, so you can gain only one charge at most.

I understand the difference between "...when you stun an enemy" and "...per enemy you stun" -- this is what you mean, right?

My question is whether Rapid Expansion and ECoMS can act as different sources of charges, both dependent on the stun condition, resulting in 2 charges per skill use (at most).

Unfortunately, my only character I can test this on is in need of a serious overhaul, or else I would just try it out. :)

Spoiler
"
Izanagi01 wrote:
I want to learn more about damage & regeneration:

"Skills used during Flask effect grant 800% of Mana Cost as Life over 4 Seconds"

Does it regenerate 200% after 1s, 200% after 2s, 200% after 3s, 200% 4s after using the skill with the mana cost or is it distributed smaller?

I have 2000 life and am attacked with a physical damage of 1000 (after all attacker modifiers) that would count as a hit if it doesn't miss.

1) My evasion and dodge fails.

2) I didn't block.

3) I didn't shift the damage.

4) I have 50% physical damage reduction.

5) I have no "damage taken"- modifiers.

6) I have no energy shield or mind over matter. (Immortal call would be calculated here right? Are there other modifiers, that would be calculated in this step?)

=> I take 500 damage.

If I regenerate life before the attack happens I will not heal when on full life (Affects like slayer "Life Leech effects are not removed at Full Life" doesn't you save healing like a damage shield, but that leeching healing over time doesn't stop? (So this ascendancy point would have no effect, if leech is applied as a crit using legacy Atziri's acuity "Gain Life and Mana from Leech instantly on Critical Strike" ?)

Is the game time calculated with 10 comma points in s or does it use the frame (if i have 10 fps, 10 per second?) or does it depend on the subject?

Now I take the damage.

If I heal at the same time (frame?) will I heal at the same time as the damage is applied? Is it possible to take 5000 damage (after mitigation) with a character that has 2000 life if I have 1000000 life regeneration per second?

Assuming I get hit by all 3 shaper cold balls: Will I always heal in between them even if they have very quick succession (even if I have low fps) or are there game mechanics that may prevent it or does it depend on the heal how often it actually heals me?

Zerphi's recovery is gradual, not instant.

Other than that, the game doesn't purely calculate from one frame to the next, but also from one hit to the next, and with infinite regeneration, you still die to onehits. If you have a source of recovery, that is directly tied to the hit, the hit and recovery are calculated against each other before applying to life. This is how builds using Gluttony of Elements currently become immune to damage.

Overall server calculations run on a 33ms cycle though. This matters especially when it comes to cooldowns.

As for the overleech: A single instance of chill without modifiers to life leeched per second etc. recovers 2% of the life per second, but the duration is dependent on the size of the hit. An extremely large hit could theoretically cause leech for ten seconds or more. The Slayer overleech node means this recovery doesn't stop when you reach full life.

Assuming your recovery is sufficient, you can survive any kind of successive hits, that don't onehit you. The hits and their timing should also be calculated server-side, and if you have an equal amount of recovery to the damage and enough HP to survive more than one hit, you will survive regardless of your fps in the client.

It's technically possible that there are some issues with desync, but from what I understand, desyncs should still respect the timing of recovery and hits, and the reason why people die to desyncs is that they don't know they're hit, so they don't take the necessary measures for defence and recovery.

"
NemoJr wrote:
"

I understand the difference between "...when you stun an enemy" and "...per enemy you stun" -- this is what you mean, right?

My question is whether Rapid Expansion and ECoMS can act as different sources of charges, both dependent on the stun condition, resulting in 2 charges per skill use (at most).

Unfortunately, my only character I can test this on is in need of a serious overhaul, or else I would just try it out. :)

The charge gain per skill is binary. Regardless of the source, if you have already gained a charge of a type from a skill, you will not gain one again.
"
The charge gain per skill is binary. Regardless of the source, if you have already gained a charge of a type from a skill, you will not gain one again.

Okay, thank you.

I think I was mostly confused by the similarly worded Tawhoa (Chieftain) notable ("When you ... kill a burning enemy...") which does allow multiple charges per skill use; that much I was able to test (even managed to get 6 charges with one hit, in an instant). So I guess 'on-kill' effects are the exception, even when worded the same way.

I have a question about curse on hit mechanics, if my hit kill enemy, do that apply curse before killing him or not (I am wondering if this will trigger Profane Bloom)
"
NemoJr wrote:
"

Okay, thank you.

I think I was mostly confused by the similarly worded Tawhoa (Chieftain) notable ("When you ... kill a burning enemy...") which does allow multiple charges per skill use; that much I was able to test (even managed to get 6 charges with one hit, in an instant). So I guess 'on-kill' effects are the exception, even when worded the same way.

I actually think they are limited the same way, but per kill, not per skill use. It's important to know, what event the Charge generation actually relates to.

"
zixav wrote:
I have a question about curse on hit mechanics, if my hit kill enemy, do that apply curse before killing him or not (I am wondering if this will trigger Profane Bloom)

The curse will apply after the hit, but before death. Chain reactions of Profane Bloom on previously uncursed packs are possible with a global source of Curse on Hit, like Mark of Submission.
Hello everyone. I tried to play around power charges a bit and i got stuck on one matter. I play with Ancestral Bond. I tried to generate power charges with Ball of lightning supported by Power charges on crit support + Increased crit support + Spell echo. My character screen shows crit of 15.8% for this combo. I went with BoL since from what i read it hits 6 times per second. So it hits 1 target 10+ times (i have area fo effect boosted with passives) on one cast. So even to 1 target i should generate 1 Power Charge per cast. 10 (hits) * 0.15 (crit) * 0.4 (PCh per crit rate from support gem) * 2 (spell echo) = roughly 1.2. But in fact it does not work. I can spam BoL to pack of mobs and PC (as well as elemental overload) does not proc. It will prock eventualy after spamming BoL to pack for 5 sec. But it does not comply with what i expect from my mechanic understanding. Do i miss anything? PS i tried many spell to generate PCh but BL seems to work better then others. Except Blade Vortex. BV stack up PC and elemental overload immidiately. But BV does not fit to my play style.

screenshot
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1euc-Bk5KNcaJAup_5XxlxjW7eXQyWwvF/view?usp=sharing

Thank you for support in advance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info