Mechanical Questions Thread

hello

i have a question about bleeding just for understand mechanics and make an original build.

i ve read on poe wiki that now Bleed is an ailment (damage over time) and i read that if target is stationary take 70% damage overtime and if moving take an additional 140% and this damage stack with critical strike for a total of 210%. so if i take crimson dance bleed apply stack for a total of 280% at 8 stack. if i going crit i can deal additional damage? if i take the keystone perfect agony stack with bleed damage? and if it stack and reach like 1000% crit multiplier i got 300% to Ailments?

"
poperemenno wrote:
Hello!Today i have mentioned that atziri's disfavour axe dont increases chance to bleed.Tested it with one more person,same problem.Is it a bug? I have 65% chance to bleed from my skilltree and nothing changes with atziri's axe.Help please.Have a nice day.

The character sheet only shows global, unspecified Bleed Chance. Atziri's Disfavour's modifier is local, and as such does not show up on the tooltip. It does apply just fine.

So if i have 75% bleed chance from tree it will be 100% with atziri's axe? Thank you.
Yes.
"
"

Then imagine if ill use mace in offhand. My 1sd hit deal cold damage. My 2nd hit deal... No damage? Or it deal main hand damage = cold damage?

It deals main hand damage. When only one weapon is valid, skills won't alternate weapons. You can also think of it as replacing the invalid weapon with a copy of your valid weapon for the purposes of alternating dual wield skills.

When i used Blacksmith's Whetstone on my mace, my dmg tooltip with blade flurry is increased. Mace isnt work with blade flurry, and is not used to attack (im use doryani's like support weapon for increased cold damage), why tooltip is increased? Is Whetstone increased global phys dmg?
It also work with sunder: tooltip is increased when im use Whetstone on offhand (sunder use only main hand for attack). What did I miss?
Last edited by MrRedlook on Oct 31, 2017, 2:21:18 PM
"
MrRedlook wrote:

When i used Blacksmith's Whetstone on my mace, my dmg tooltip with blade flurry is increased. Mace isnt work with blade flurry, and is not used to attack (im use doryani's like support weapon for increased cold damage), why tooltip is increased? Is Whetstone increased global phys dmg?
It also work with sunder: tooltip is increased when im use Whetstone on offhand (sunder use only main hand for attack). What did I miss?

Path of Exile's tooltip is bad at reliably reflecting reality. It uses an old formula with old assumptions (such as always assuming dual wield is valid). The game code does not match the tooltip.

It's easy to test fake dual-wielding tooltip vs. reality. One simple test would be:
1. Equip a strong enabled weapon (such as a 300 dps sword)
2. Equip a very weak disabled weapon (such as a white driftwood club)
3. Check tooltip
4. Use enabled-only skill (such as blade flurry) to attack monsters
5. Remove very weak disabled weapon
6. Check tooltip
7. Use enabled-only skill (such as blade flurry) to attack monsters

You should notice that there is no change in your actual killing power despite your tooltip varying by almost twice as much
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Oct 31, 2017, 3:32:00 PM
"
adghar wrote:
You should notice that there is no change in your actual killing power despite your tooltip varying by almost twice as much

Do you mean dual Dual wielding modifier (nodes and default aspd\block\phydmg) do not work with skills if they do not use both weapons?

"
Whenever the player equips two one-handed weapons of any type, dual wielding grants the following stats:
10% more Attack Speed while Dual Wielding
15% additional Block Chance while Dual Wielding
20% more Attack Physical Damage while Dual Wielding

"
If only one weapon is used, the dual wielding bonuses will still apply; however, the attack rate will be based only on the weapon that is actually used. The tooltip appears to be wrong.

I dont undestand. If you have 2nd weapon - you got default modifier thats increased youre killing power.
Last edited by MrRedlook on Oct 31, 2017, 4:43:29 PM
"
MrRedlook wrote:

I dont undestand =\

Ok, sorry, I meant "almost no change," not "no change" :P

Or, to be more accurate, you could replace it with a valid weapon of exactly the same DPS instead of unequipping a weapon... but that is more trouble than it's worth

The point of the test was to show whether tooltip "knows" that invalid weapon is invalid - it does not

It does, however, calculate the attack speed / block chance / physical damage correctly

You do, also, get the attack speed / block chance / physical damage in reality

----------------

EDIT:

Perhaps an example would be clearer. Suppose you have a sword with 10,000 elemental damage per hit and 5 attacks per second, and a club with 10 elemental damage per hit and 1 attack per second, and no other bonuses. For simplicity sake assume Sunder and Blade Flurry both have 100% base damage and no attack speed modifiers.

If you focus on Blade Flurry:
  • Tooltip will show (10,000+10)/2 * (5+1)/2 * 1.10 = 16516.50
  • Real DPS will be 10,000 * 5 * 1.10 = 55000.00

If you focus on Sunder:
  • Tooltip will show (10,000+10)/2 * (5+1)/2 * 1.10 = 16516.50
  • Real DPS will be 10 * 1 * 1.10 = 11.00
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Oct 31, 2017, 4:49:15 PM
Okay, thanks for answer!
Hi

Does pierce factor into the DPS calculation of an attack?
I have a lvl 61 Deadeye and I'm using Burning Arrow with Onslaught Support and Culling Strike Support. After taking out Pierce Support and putting in a Faster Projectile Support (which has a higher projectile damage bonus) I saw a drop in calculated DPS for Burning Arrow (I don't have the exact numbers right now, but it was about 10%). I cannot say for sure if the true DPS has changed since I play with a group, but I'm still curious. Is there another hidden number that factors into the calculation?
What you're seeing is the stacking rules in play. Increased and Reduced modifiers are additive - More and Less are multiplicative. Faster Projectiles grants an additive bonus, and you already have a lot of Increased Damage from passives n such, whereas Pierce is multiplicative, making Pierce the stronger Damage boost.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info