Mechanical Questions Thread

"
MarsPhoenix wrote:
Sorry for reposting my question, but I never got an answer and it's been so long (3 months) that I'm not sure if it got missed or if there's just a long list of backlogged answers since you guys have been so busy.

Does Thousand Teeth Temu have a hidden cooldown for damage reflecting? I'm trying to use it with Necro Aegis and Bone Offering and it seems to proc very rarely.

There shouldn't be any cooldown for that. Maybe you don't notice because of the damage amount, the range is quite large and in addition reflected damage can't be increased by anything other than increased damage taken on the target.

I also have a question of my own, does aura effectiveness also increase the effects of certain ascendency passives, for example occultist's void beacon?
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
There shouldn't be any cooldown for that. Maybe you don't notice because of the damage amount, the range is quite large and in addition reflected damage can't be increased by anything other than increased damage taken on the target.

I also have a question of my own, does aura effectiveness also increase the effects of certain ascendency passives, for example occultist's void beacon?

The thing is that I'm spamming as many summons as possible, so against Area of Effect attacks there should be big spikes of damage. Also, Thousand Teeth Temu has a widely undocumented effect that pops up when it reflects damage, and this doesn't seem to happen very often. This leads me to believe that it's on a timer.
Hey mark. Question about charged dash

I know there is the simulator and this question comes from a lot of use with it.

How exactly does the 100% more multiplier at max distance get implemented?
- If a VALID ATTACK lands at exactly 62 distance only that attack gets the 100% more multiplier. All other aoe procs get a multiplier <100 scaling linearly down, ie: (xpos/62 + 1) * hit dmg = actual dmg

- Max distance is not the same as the "62 range" but is instead the last valid attack you can charge to. This gets the 100% and then all other attacks scale down from there

Any insight would be great. It kinda makes a huge difference when trying to optimize the weighted overlap dmg.
Hello,
Does "The Retch" belt work if i have "Avatar of Fire"?
"
zio_kose wrote:
Hello,

Short answer, the life leech mechanism doesn't work.

Why ?
Avatar of Fire converts 50% of physical and non-fire elemental damage into fire and you deal no other damage than fire. Chaos is not converted. That means at max (if you don't convert the other 50% into fire) you lose 50% physical, 50% non-fire elemental damage and 100% chaos damage. Moreover, there is no way to convert chaos damage to another source of damage.
Life leech doesn't apply because you deal no physical damage.
The owls are not what they seem.

My suggestions :
1) Repeatable quest for threshold jewels : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1992137
2) Party Self Found leagues : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1964558
"
N1ohöggr wrote:
"
zio_kose wrote:
Hello,

Short answer, the life leech mechanism doesn't work.

Why ?
Avatar of Fire converts 50% of physical and non-fire elemental damage into fire and you deal no other damage than fire. Chaos is not converted. That means at max (if you don't convert the other 50% into fire) you lose 50% physical, 50% non-fire elemental damage and 100% chaos damage. Moreover, there is no way to convert chaos damage to another source of damage.
Life leech doesn't apply because you deal no physical damage.

Thx for quick answer
I had read somewhere that the damage of the belt is Reflect Damage that's why Is not affected by the increase Damage from tree or items, because it is not a damage that I do directly, I can leech life from fire damage with "Vitality Void", That's why i asked it :)
You right, it's reflected, then it should apply as long as you have fire leech damage.
The owls are not what they seem.

My suggestions :
1) Repeatable quest for threshold jewels : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1992137
2) Party Self Found leagues : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1964558
Hey, I've been trying to find a conclusive answer to what hit/miss chance summon raging spirits has. PoB states that Additional accuracy is the biggest increase in damage. although in practice it does not seem to be the case.
Hey, I've been trying to find a conclusive answer to what hit/miss chance summon raging spirits has. PoB states that Additional accuracy is the biggest increase in damage. although in practice it does not seem to be the case.
Hey there!

Im currently thinking about building a champion golemancer.
My question regards the ascension-perk "worthy foe"
I know that the whole taunt on hit thing works with a spell totem with ball lightning, but im not sure if the 20% increased damage taken buff works when my stone golems taunt the enemy, that will propably overrite my taunt, right? And it will propably not trigger "worthy foe" right? :(

..meh, back to necromancer then..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info