Mechanical Questions Thread

"
adghar wrote:
"
SteamBuggy wrote:

If I understand the wiki article correctly, conversion happens before anything else, which in my case would only scale the 10% phys damage that are not converted. Is this right?

No,

Added as is the same kind of operation as conversion, it occurs in the same step or if you prefer, before (since added as does not remove anything).

Alright, thanks a lot. I've run the stuff through PoB and got a similar result.
I have a Damage Over Time question. If you have a temporary buff that would increase your damage (Arcane Surge) when you apply a DOT to an enemy (Essence Drain), do all active dot's start doing less damage when the buff expires or do they continue doing buffed damage until the dot itself expires?
Last edited by Keiger on Jul 5, 2017, 12:47:42 AM
Actually, nevermind.

I don't know, sorry.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Jul 5, 2017, 3:21:57 AM
If I wear Hrimburn for the "your cold damage can ignite" mod, and I deal a critical strike that has both fire and cold damage, will it result in one ignite based on the combined fire and cold damage, or will the fire and cold damage apply separate ignites?
"
Keiger wrote:
I have a Damage Over Time question. If you have a temporary buff that would increase your damage (Arcane Surge) when you apply a DOT to an enemy (Essence Drain), do all active dot's start doing less damage when the buff expires or do they continue doing buffed damage until the dot itself expires?

Damage over Time updates retroactively.
"
suszterpatt wrote:
If I wear Hrimburn for the "your cold damage can ignite" mod, and I deal a critical strike that has both fire and cold damage, will it result in one ignite based on the combined fire and cold damage, or will the fire and cold damage apply separate ignites?

A single Hit can only ever apply one Ignite; with Hrimburn it is based on Cold and Fire Damage.
Hey. Even tho I have The Eye of Chayula equiped I'm still being stunned (mostly by cold damage). Could u please fix it?
Last edited by alexanderpam on Jul 7, 2017, 3:49:07 PM
"
alexanderpam wrote:
Hey. Even tho I have The Eye of Chayula equiped I'm still being stunned (mostly by cold damage). Could u please fix it?

I think what you're seeing is Freeze/Chill, not Stun. See if Dream Fragments helps.
Your phrasing seems to imply there is one question with one answer. However, there is no single answer because the two statements quoted are utterly unrelated.

It's kinda well-known that the first statement is true. This is universally how single-cast Skills work, VSC is not one of the three or so exceptions.

The second statement does not seem accurate however; full runtime Damage against Gravicious averages noticably higher with Conc than without. Might be extreme variance, did four casts with and four casts without Conc, but variance is... More than unlikely to be the cause.

(the second statement is needlessly confusing btw: whether Area Damage applies or not is not relevant to flat Damage bonuses, the latter half is simply referring to "if the bolts deal listed damage", not to "if Area Damage applies")
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 8, 2017, 5:41:00 PM
I have a few questions regarding slow mechanics.

1. How does the slow from Chill and Temporal Chains interact?
Does it stack multiplicatively, additively or not at all?

2. Since Dying Breath increases the effect of curses on enemies by 18%, does that mean it is multiplied by the curse effect?

Lets say I have dying breath, 30% curse effectiveness and temporal chains on level 20 0%Q
Would that result in a 1.18*1.3*29 = 44% slow?

3. There is the "Unbound Ailments" support gem in the Beta that increases the effect of ailments on enemies, does that only apply to DoTs or also to chill and shock?
Also, if it does, would it increase the effect if chill/shock weren't caused directly, but through ground effects like Vaal Lightning Trap or Arctic Breath?
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
If one player has a lower damage Caustic Arrow with high rarity/quant, and another has a high damage ED/Contagion, what determines who gets the kill credit?

Anecdotally we've seen the lower damage dot can sometimes get the kills (by way of bloodlines corrupted blood stacks on kill for example).
@BeerPact

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info