Mechanical Questions Thread

Mark is still answering pages 7-8, so there is a big queue of questions.
How not to miss Skill Books /view-thread/1940679
Find Bameth /view-thread/1828226
Exas for new players /view-thread/1956615
Checking resources /view-thread/2453818
Don't use Shaper/Elder orbs /view-thread/2474890
can you still leach him during his "immortal reflect phase"? if no, then its an insta-rip even if i have instant leach and just store the map somewhere

will assassins toxic/noxious strike roll once on multistrike or will it roll in each individual strikes?
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy. thinking: "This time is gonna be different. No, no, no please... This time is gonna be different."

-Path of Exile
Last edited by xrook on Jun 14, 2016, 9:22:44 AM
A'hoy

I wanted to make a cool Juggernaut build but I had a few questions about an interaction between Iron Reflexes and some evasion equipment. If I wear Queen of the Forest with the Juggernaut ascendancy passive Unstoppable and will my movement speed be at 0% because of the penalty or will it be ~14% and unaffected by the Queen of the Forest's movement penalty. Also, if I'm wearing Queen of the Forest, other evasion gear and grace, will I benefit from the additional movement speed buff from Queen of the Forest or will there be no benefit due to Iron Reflexes converting all my evasion to armor? And lastly, if I do not pick up Unstoppable and get Art of the Gladiator instead, does it work the same way? Will I get the movement buff/penalty from Queen of the Forest? I appreciate your help in advance, keep being awesome!
Do higher tier maps drop more items regardless of affixes? like does a white t12 map drop more items than a white t7?
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

"
is the Slayer's Headsman passive supposed to prevent on kill effects from curses like Poachers mark, Assassins mark, and Warlord's mark?
No. It does not do this and is not intended to. I don't understand why you think it would be?

If you have the Slayer's Headsman passive allocated and use a skill that does enough damage to deal >= 100% of a mob's health, and you're using a blasphemed *Mark curse, you won't gain charges correctly.

I'm certain this is a bug, and I was just confirming.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1675903
IGN: TsuruyaNyro
Last edited by Suzumiyaharuhi on Jun 14, 2016, 12:45:56 PM
"
SirDragos wrote:
"
SirDragos wrote:
Quick Aside: I understand how it uses the first 40% of the total 'cast time' to wind up and the remaining 60% to evenly shoot the total projectiles, however many there are.

With that said, three questions about attack speed and Barrage:

How is the 'cast time' for Barrage modified by attack speed?
My guess is that this works similarly to how spells work: the time is just shortened by that amount. Thus, Barrages's 1 second base will be reduced to .5 seconds if you have 100% increased attack speed. Is this right?
Does base weapon speed interact at all with Barrage?
I don't understand where this fits into the equation, as there is no equivalent in spells.
If base weapon speed does not factor into the attack, does this mean that slow base speed weapons like a Prophecy Wand (1.2 aps) gets a huge advantage over a faster, less damaging weapon like an Imbued Wand (1.5 aps) while using this skill?
If an Imbued Wand gets to work in its speed advantage, how does it leverage its 25% more base speed into the Barrage damage equation?

Still looking for answers here since last Thursday. No luck on reddit, skill gem feedback page, wiki, etc. Email to support last week directed me here in lieu of answering.

The "attack time" of Barrage is modified by taking your weapons base attack speed. For example, if you're using a quill rain, it would be 3. That means that every second you're using 3 barrages.

Each attack then takes 0.33 seconds. For each "cast" of the attack, 40% of the time is spent doing nothing, and 60% of the time is spent shooting arrows.

Then, lets say you have 100% increased attack speed. You now attack 6 times a second.

Each attack then takes 0.166666... seconds. For each "cast" of the attack, 40% of the time is spent doing nothing, and 60% of the time is spent shooting arrows.
"
TheAmigoBoyz wrote:
I was wondering if you could clarify this for me.

If i have an attack linked with Slower Projectiles (adding more projectile damage), and i poison on hit from the unique chestpiece, Cospri's Will, would the projectile damage increase also scale the poison damage, just like jewels with projectile damage do, or would it just scale the basic attack, thus scaling the poison damage a little.

I am wondering if it scales like this;

Base hit * projectile damage /10 *projectile damage

or if it's Base hit * projectile damage /10

TL;DR does the increased projectile damage gained from support gems linked to attacks that poison double dip?

Yes. It works like : Base hit * projectile damage /10 *projectile damage

IFF the hit that poisons is also a projectile damage ability.
Last edited by Suzumiyaharuhi on Jun 14, 2016, 12:39:44 PM
"
Twargh wrote:
How does ignite damage apply to targets hit by multiple explosive arrows at one (eq. stacked on ice nove are a mob pack around bosses).

I ask because i sometimes experience extreme burn damage and others very little.

If i for example stack 5 arrows on the boss and 5 arrows in two separate stacks on an icewall, all in range to hit the boss. Lets say they explode simultaneously, Will ignite damage be calculated from the total 15 arrows or just the stack with the highest damage?

Will each arrow roll ignite chance individually or as a stack? and do stacks add together (as they explode simultaneously).

thanks in advance!

The ignite is calculated as a stack.

The stacks don't add together to calculate burn.

The highest damage burn will take presidence.
"
pootie3030 wrote:
hi mark!
i skimmed the forum but didnt really find what i was looking for. what is the definition of "attacked recently" and "cast recently". what i would like to know is can a standard attack from a wand count towards "attacked recently". as well, do the attacks and spells need to hit a target for them to count towards "recently"? i am asking these questions in regards to the inquisitor ascendancy class and the instruments of virtue node.

If you hover over the node and read the grey text at the bottom, you'll find that "recently" refers to the last 4 seconds.
What is the amount of increased damage taken applied by a sentinel of that type, and can the effect stack if within multiple areas applying the same debuff?
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info