Mechanical Questions Thread

Inspired by this thread:

My character has several sources of Curse on Hit with different curses which all apply to a single Hit. However I don't have any sources of Enemies can have an additional Curse. What is the order the Curses get applied to the enemy and override each other (i.e. which curse will be the last one and actually active on the enemy)?

a) Skill linked with Curse on Hit and two different Curses
b) Skill linked with Curse on Hit and a "Curses enemies with (Curse) on Hit" from equipment
c) Two "Curses enemy with (Curse) on Hit" from two different pieces of equipment.

The OP of the above thread noticed that in case b) it was always the curse from equipment that applied last. Is this always the case?
Tornado shot:
Is it a projectile? It doesn't have the tag but quality gives projectile damage. I'm guessing the things that shoot out of the tornadoes are projectiles? Well do the tornadoes themselves do damage even?
How would point blank work with it? Like if you put the tornado right on an enemy would it do crazy more damage right there, or would it be based on how far away you are from the tornado?
The wiki doesn't have much info on the skill
"
Brinstar4 wrote:
Tornado shot:
Is it a projectile?

Yes
"
It doesn't have the tag

Tags are only used for things that give bonuses to certain types of gems, aka "+2 level of Socketed Bow Gems." When you see the Bow tag, you can generally assume it will scale with Projectile Damage. In Tornado Shot's case, it scales with projectile damage and is a projectile.

"
but quality gives projectile damage. I'm guessing the things that shoot out of the tornadoes are projectiles? Well do the tornadoes themselves do damage even?

Tornado Shot doesn't actually create any tornadoes. When you use Tornado Shot, you shoot an arrow, which is a projectile, which at the "tornado point" splits into three other arrows, which are all also projectiles.

"

How would point blank work with it? Like if you put the tornado right on an enemy would it do crazy more damage right there, or would it be based on how far away you are from the tornado?

Point Blank measures distance traveled when applying to projectiles. The subprojectiles are considered continuations of the original projectile (in other words, the original projectile from the bow is the source). Thus, if your character is far from the enemy and use an unlinked Tornado Shot, you will lose damage from Point Blank.

If you wish to have your character be far away from enemies but still have Tornado Shot benefit from Point Blank, your best bets are Trap Support, Remote Mine Support, or Ranged Attack Totem Support; these Supports actually change the source of the projectile from your character to a trap, mine, or totem, respectively. Thus, Point Blank will measure distance traveled away from the trap, mine, or totem, yielding the "crazy more damage" you are looking for.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
My turn. Thanks ahead of time for the help. My question is...

If I am Ancestral Bond, and have a glove enchantment "of reflection when hit", does my doppelganger do damage?
Hi all, i am new to the game. i did not complete ascendancy on normal and gone to the cruel.

Is it possible to get this point or its gone and my character is wasted now?
"
zbartowsky wrote:
Hi all, i am new to the game. i did not complete ascendancy on normal and gone to the cruel. Is it possible to get this point or its gone and my character is wasted now?
On the waypoint menu, you can select Normal Difficulty (top of the screen) to go back and finish off any unfinished business, including the Normal Lab :)
Last edited by Vipermagi on May 3, 2017, 5:36:05 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
zbartowsky wrote:
Hi all, i am new to the game. i did not complete ascendancy on normal and gone to the cruel. Is it possible to get this point or its gone and my character is wasted now?
On the waypoint menu, you can select Normal Difficulty (top of the screen) to go back and finish off any unfinished business, including the Normal Lab :)

Thanks you so much :) I really appreciate.
Im using Righteous fire, Just wondering, Does Witchfire brew flask DoT increase work for my RF? does The Sorrow of the divine 40% extra dmg work? and Would culling strike Increase Damage (not the culling part) work in a link? Thanks
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Hi

I'm Mark_GGG, and I know how PoE works. If you'd also like to, this thread is for you.

We're trying out something new as a way for people with mechanical questions to get answers. People can post mechanical questions in this thread, and every few days I'll come by and answer as many as I can. This is specifically for questions about game mechanics - I can't tell you why a balance change was made, whether something will get nerfed, or what option is "best" for a given build. So if you have questions like "Does X support Y?", "What order do A, B, and C happen in when I get hit?", or "Why do the calculations come out this way when I take this passive?", I can help. Questions like "What will the next league be?", "How do people level so fast?", or "What were you thinking when you nerfed X?" are off topic for this thread, and I'm not going to be answering them.

I'm not perfect, and some things I'll have to look up. It might take me longer to get an answer to your question than someone else's - please be patient in this case. I will be doing my best to answer every mechanical question asked in the thread, although this is on top of my other work, so again, please be patient in waiting for me to get to things. If you ask about announced, but unreleased content (such as unique items shown in previews before the patch that adds them to the game), please understand such things are not always final when shown, and not all the answers might exist yet.

This doesn't mean I won't still be replying in other parts of the forum, so don't feel you have to ask things here to get answers.

That's pretty much all I have to say, so let's get the questions rolling!

---

Here's a link to just the GGG posts in this thread, for people who just want to see answers.
"
Rachel_ wrote:
"
dogheat wrote:
Why is elemental overload worded to only work with players and not totems?

Hi. GGG, Mark

I emailed the dispatcher to the GGG, and after a week I was asked to ask you a question. I want to know as soon as possible.

My question is if I have an attack speed of 7.23. Does this attack rate attack at 7.23 attack rate per second, or round to 7.2, or is it just 7? And this game seems to be very similar to Diablo. Scheduled Attack Rate Should the attack speed exceed the frame rate and apply to the numerical value?

I do not speak English well. I tried to make it as easy as possible through translator, but if you can understand, please answer. Please do not hesitate to contact me by e-mail etc. junbimullll@naver.com e-mail address. Thank you.

Thank you for reading the long article

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info