Mechanical Questions Thread

How does Base damage work?

Lets say animated weapon as an example that has a 252% base damage, if I assume right this is translated to a 152% more multiplier? If this is the case, does this damage double dip poison and ignite?
ign: DreamsofIllusions
got a question about Spectral throw if i stand next to a wall and my enemy between me and the wall how often will he get attacked by that 1 projectile i read its 0,3 per attack but to how many hits does that lead? (if its exactly infront of me and the wall and boss very near together)
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
I was wondering if you are using the Voll's Protector, while in your gem setup you are using Power Charge on Crit gem will it add additional chance for "another charge" or is it not really doing anything.

Like this Setup in the Volls' Protector chest is Cyclone+Faster Attacks+Power Charge on Crit. is it possible to get 2 power charges on a Crit, or just 1?

Some people have told me yea and other have said no

thanks for your time
"
D_bak wrote:
In the recent norse video on unlimited shaped strands, he said he discovered that if there isnt any maps in the t12 map pool unlocked, any t12 maps that are supposed to drop will be dropped as t11. And this is how he gets ALOT of shaped strands.

This is contradictory to what GGG has said in the thread explaining how atlas works. "When a map drops, its tier is entirely unchanged by the choice of which maps you have unlocked so far."

So is the info provided by GGG correct? Or is what Norse experienced just RNG?

Reposting a question asked 3mths ago which wasnt answered.
Hi all

Help me with this

Does minions of Dominating Blow skill, receive this specific bonus of Necro passive Spirit Eater?
"2% increase attack and cast speed for each corpse consumed recently"

Doedre's Scorn
(10-20)% increased Damage per Curse on Enemy

Is this damage applied to me and my skill or to all sources of damage the monster takes such as damage that comes from a party member?
IGN: MyOtherRangerDied // DontBeStupidAndDieAgain // GenericSporkerWitch
https://google.com
/
Last edited by Άνουβις on Dec 29, 2017, 2:09:15 PM
Hi,

I bought an Alchemist's Basalt Flask Of Staunching from poe.trade which grants 25% Increased Effect, yet the flask description still shows that it reduces physical damage by 20% (the base reduction). Shouldn't it be 25%?

The problem with poe.trade is not being able to see the full item description (only the mods applied). I wouldn't have bought it had I known that the Increased Effect didn't apply.

Daniel
"
polo2005 wrote:
Lets say animated weapon as an example that has a 252% base damage, if I assume right this is translated to a 152% more multiplier? If this is the case, does this damage double dip poison and ignite?

It does effectively work as 152% More Damage, but it's specific to the Attack - it does not double dip.

"
Higorvilpon wrote:
Does minions of Dominating Blow skill, receive this specific bonus of Necro passive Spirit Eater?
"2% increase attack and cast speed for each corpse consumed recently"

No. Your Minions do not get your modifiers unless explicitly stated otherwise.

"
liquidSG wrote:
Doedre's Scorn - Is this damage applied to me and my skill or to all sources of damage the monster takes such as damage that comes from a party member?

The description does not use the word 'Take', and as such Doedre's Scorn grants Increased Damage to the wearer, not Increased Damage Taken to the monster. :)

"
I bought an Alchemist's Basalt Flask Of Staunching from poe.trade which grants 25% Increased Effect, yet the flask description still shows that it reduces physical damage by 20% (the base reduction). Shouldn't it be 25%?

Increased Effect never applies to tooltip values, because it can be additive with outside sources. You can look at your Estimated Physical Damage Reduction on the character sheet and see it increases by 25%.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Apr 26, 2017, 5:54:15 AM
I have a question if I connect the BV + IQ gem, and if I kill the monsters by an explosion from the wand obliteration, will IQ work?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info