Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
I'm no longer horribly sick

glad to hear, all the best to you. was it poison - double dipping? :)

- this question deletes itself after reading - pls step back!!
Question on item rarity/quantity.

Some people on Reddit said that IIR/IIQ both have a logarithmic trend. Could you share the specifics. I am assuming that getting close to 600/200 is the top end and a 400/150 is where you see more dramatic reduction in ROI.

Also, what is the average implicit IR/IQ of unique, rare, magic monsters?

A graph or even a formula would be nice. Trying to create an interesting MF build that runs contrary to speed meta build.

Thanks Mark_GGG.
Hey all,

If an item has 5 sockets, does that mean it can also roll a 5link (without Vorici's workbench)? I have a 2-handed sword with 5 sockets (ilvl 38) and have been trying for eons to 5link it. Just want to confirm such a feat is possible.

(it's a queen's decree, that's why I'm spending currency on a low-level item)
"
ADFuel wrote:
Hey all,

If an item has 5 sockets, does that mean it can also roll a 5link (without Vorici's workbench)? I have a 2-handed sword with 5 sockets (ilvl 38) and have been trying for eons to 5link it. Just want to confirm such a feat is possible.

(it's a queen's decree, that's why I'm spending currency on a low-level item)

Yes, it takes around 150 fuses.
HI, i'd like to know why orb off storm dsn't work with cwdt? thks :)
"
Psycotoniik wrote:
HI, i'd like to know why orb off storm dsn't work with cwdt? thks :)

Occasionally some skill mechanics are hidden in the green text (like with weapon type requirements). In this case if you read Orb of Storms green text and reach the end, you will see:

"
You can only cast this spell yourself, directly.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
I am wondering why Ghost Reaver does not work with The Baron.

The Baron has a modification
"With 1000 or more strength 2% of damage dealt by your zombies is leeched to you as life."

Then we have Vaal Pact, which has this wording:
Life leech applies instantly

And Ghost Reaver which has this wording:
Life leech is applied to energy shield instead

Now you would assume from the wording of the passives either they would both affect barons leech, or neither. However, Vaal pact does indeed effect barons leech, unlike Ghost Reaver.

The confusion continues when you factor in the ascendant passive for chieftain, Hinekora, Death's Fury - "1% of Damage dealt by your Totems is Leeched to you as Life" Which works with both Ghost Reaver and Vaal Pact.

Is this intended behavior?
Is Vaal Pact supposed to work with The Baron?
And, Is Ghost Reaver supposed to not work with The Baron?
It seems that Animate Guardian won't cast Animate Weapon on Melee Kill while having a Jorrhast's Blacksteel equipped. Is this intentional?
I tried equipping a guardian with various weapons with mods like "cast x on x" and not a single effect worked.
Thanks for the clarification!
Last edited by Andrl on Apr 5, 2017, 11:42:05 AM
"
Andrl wrote:
It seems that Animate Guardian won't cast Animate Weapon on Melee Kill while having a Jorrhast's Blacksteel equipped. Is this intentional?
I tried equipping a guardian with various weapons with mods like "cast x on x" and not a single effect worked.
Thanks for the clarification!

Animated Guardian cannot use any skills, this includes triggered skills.
Someone knows, why Scold's Bridle does not trigger CwDT any more? At least in patch 2.4 it was working, patch 2.5 I am not sure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info