Mechanical Questions Thread

Hi all

I have one Question.

Does increased AOE nodes, increase the radius of melee skills with Melee Splash gem?

Ex: My Viper Strike with melee splash, will increase more radius if i get the Increase Area of Effect on passive tree?

"
adghar wrote:
"
Vyvanne wrote:

1) Abyssus' flat damage to attacks applies to both the initial melee attack and the projectiles, correct?

Yes

"
2) Claw LGOH applies to the initial hit, but does it also apply to projectiles as well? Like Abyssus, it says life gained for each enemy hit by attacks, since the projectiles also have Attack modifiers, does it apply to all targets?

Yes

By the way, the wiki entry is misleading. I should fix it. Thanks for quoting it.
Fabulous, thank you for the prompt response!
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497
"
Heisendonger wrote:
I have a question regarding the Outlast and Outmatch ascendnacy node for Gladiator. Is it intented that the "10% reduced Physical Damage taken while at maximum Endurance Charges" buff isn't showing anywhere?

Somewhat yes. There's no line on the character sheet that lists Reduced Damage Taken modifiers. It can pretty easily become an unwieldy mess due to many Damage Taken modifiers having different specifiers (only Physical, only against Hits, that sorta stuff); I'm guessing that's why it doesn't show up.

"
Bombardo wrote:
It's ok, what 100% reduced reflected damage (ele/phys) not like immune? If you try deal dmg on reflected map with shock ground (or other effects with increased taken dmg on hero, like vulnerability/proj. weakness) , you steal can oneshot yourself (i know about 100% base dmg+1,5 with shock ground>100% reduced reflect, but still)

Correct.
Increased and Reduced modifiers stack additively. You have 100% Reduced Damage Taken from Reflect, but Shock grants 50% Increased Damage Taken. 100 - 50 = 50% Reduced Damage Taken from Reflect when you're Shocked.

"
Ranggarn wrote:
I was wondering what the interaction between Sunder and added Weapon Range is. Does it make Sunder travel further? Or does nothing happen?

Sunder does not use Weapon Range.

"
Jentry wrote:
My question is... Is Profane Bloom considered a "Spell" of the Occultist... and what affects the ultimate damage which Profane Bloom does.

These explosion effects deal secondary Damage, meaning it's not Spell or Attack damage. RF won't increase the damage of Profane Bloom's explosions.
Profane Bloom deals AoE Chaos Damage, so that's the modifiers you can use.

"
Higorvilpon wrote:
Does increased AOE nodes, increase the radius of melee skills with Melee Splash gem?

Yes.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 30, 2017, 7:13:30 AM
So, i was wondering if multiple stacks of ignites on a single enemy with emberwake, gives %10 increased damage per each stack with taming or not? like if i stack 100 ignites on a boss, do i get 1000 increased damage from taming? I wanted to test it but it doesnt show on tooltip. Sorry for my bad english.
"
GleoozHK wrote:
So, i was wondering if multiple stacks of ignites on a single enemy with emberwake, gives %10 increased damage per each stack with taming or not? like if i stack 100 ignites on a boss, do i get 1000 increased damage from taming? I wanted to test it but it doesnt show on tooltip. Sorry for my bad english.

Yes, if you hit an enemy that has 100 ignites on it you will get 1000% increased damage and the tooltip doesn't show it because it's a conditional bonus, it kicks in when you hit something and the game calculates actual damage done. It won't affect ignites themselves, however, or any other form of damage over time, conditional damage bonuses do not affect those.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
GleoozHK wrote:

Yes, if you hit an enemy that has 100 ignites on it you will get 1000% increased damage and the tooltip doesn't show it because it's a conditional bonus, it kicks in when you hit something and the game calculates actual damage done. It won't affect ignites themselves, however, or any other form of damage over time, conditional damage bonuses do not affect those.

But let's say i got 100 ignite stacks, assuming i have %100 ignite chance, if i hit for 101. ignite stack with my firestorm, it will benefit from %1000 increased damage and my 101. ignite damage will be higher, but my ignite wont benefit from that %1000 damage right? (on other words, no double dipping, only increases firestorm's hit for %1000)
Last edited by GleoozHK on Mar 30, 2017, 11:49:38 AM
Hello,

Using Blood Rage on a life-based character has in the past made you unable to use the melee damage on full life support gem, regardless of your regen or leech. Is this still the case? I ask because when testing, the tooltip behaves as though the support gem does work, but in the past I think the tooltip reflected the gem not working when blood rage is active.
"
GleoozHK wrote:
But let's say i got 100 ignite stacks, assuming i have %100 ignite chance, if i hit for 101. ignite stack with my firestorm, it will benefit from %1000 increased damage and my 101. ignite damage will be higher, but my ignite wont benefit from that %1000 damage right? (on other words, no double dipping, only increases firestorm's hit for %1000)

Of course, the hit will obviously be affected which means ignite base will be higher, but ignite itself won't be scaled by it.

"
Euploid wrote:
Hello,

Using Blood Rage on a life-based character has in the past made you unable to use the melee damage on full life support gem, regardless of your regen or leech. Is this still the case? I ask because when testing, the tooltip behaves as though the support gem does work, but in the past I think the tooltip reflected the gem not working when blood rage is active.

Yes, it happens because regen doesn't reduce degen or vice versa, they act at the same time and the net result can be positive or negative, but both will happen in any case, one doesn't get canceled out.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Hello,

I have some questions about tornado shot mechanic.
1) Let's say, you fire a single tornado shot (no lmp or gmp). And you shoot right into the target's model. Will you deal damage 4 times that way? I mean one comes from your primary arror, and then 3 secondary arrow's start to travel and connect with your target (caz they there way inside the target).
May be secondary arrows start not in the center of tornado animation wich makes it impossible to hit single target with them? This way it may still work with big enemies with fat bodies.
2) If you fire a tornado shot with lmp or gmp, can you hit one target with multipale primary arrows if it's close enough to you?

It's not easy to test this staff in game, so I came out with this questions. How I understand the mechanic is that there is a body of the mob with certain area (probably a circle around mob's center) and if the line of fire crossees this area, then the target is hit. It makes possible hitting the target multiple times with primary arrow and also with secondery arrows coming from one primary. With all that working it would make pointless suggestion to shoot right behind the target with tornado shot + mp that everyone makes. This way you would like to shot right into the target to maximize your damage.

Sorry for grammatical mistakes, english isn't my first language
Thanks for your attention

"
raics wrote:
"
Euploid wrote:
Hello,

Yes, it happens because regen doesn't reduce degen or vice versa, they act at the same time and the net result can be positive or negative, but both will happen in any case, one doesn't get canceled out.

I know why it works this way, I just want to confirm that it still works this way since 2.6 and isn't bugged or something like that. The tooltip used to show your damage dropping when you activated blood rage, but it doesn't anymore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info