Mechanical Questions Thread

"
blaat1889 wrote:
I couldn't find an definitive answer on reddit/google/here about the following:

I have a projectile spell on a spell totem with poison support.
Will both of the following apply to the poison stack or only one?

-Projectile Damage if applied by a projectile skill
-Totem Damage if applied by a totem

Both
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Hi Mark,

From Patch 2.4.2 - Monsters that start inactive can't spawn certain Nemesis Mods anymore

Could you clarify what exactly this patch changed? I assumed it meant beyond mobs, devourers, dropbears, and essence mobs, etc. can't spawn as Volatile anymore, which would make the most sense since having those mobs spawn with Volatile always felt a bit unfair, but that is not the case. Everything but Breach mobs can still spawn with Volatile. Was this an oversight or did the patch change something completely different?

Hi, I have a question about the cone-shaped explosions from Ice Shot.

Imagine I use a bow like "The Tempest" with has the "no physical damage" tag with Ice Shot and I will do 100% lightning damage.

Question:
Does the cone 100% lightning dmg now?
Or which dmg at all does the cone now, since there is no phys dmg to get converted into cold dmg?
"
h4lth3rr wrote:

Hi, I have a question about the cone-shaped explosions from Ice Shot.

Imagine I use a bow like "The Tempest" with has the "no physical damage" tag with Ice Shot and I will do 100% lightning damage.

Question:
Does the cone 100% lightning dmg now?
Or which dmg at all does the cone now, since there is no phys dmg to get converted into cold dmg?

You got no physical damage to convert so nothing will happen, the damage structure of Ice Shot will be the same as a normal attack.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Is there any possible, no matter how roundabout, way to let spells apply bleed?

I have been searching and I have found nothing.
"
woolly_wizard wrote:
Is there any possible, no matter how roundabout, way to let spells apply bleed?

I have been searching and I have found nothing.

Not possible, in all the versions of the game so far Bleeding is an Attack-based effect.

Some people have said that Blade Flurry looks like a Spell, though, so maybe that's up your alley?
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
Not possible, in all the versions of the game so far Bleeding is an Attack-based effect.

Some people have said that Blade Flurry looks like a Spell, though, so maybe that's up your alley?

That does seem nice, but I'm trying to make a Blade Vortex Gladiator with a ton of %damage mods so I could run around and blow up everything. Unfortunately theres no way to make this happen yet.
"
woolly_wizard wrote:
"

That does seem nice, but I'm trying to make a Blade Vortex Gladiator with a ton of %damage mods so I could run around and blow up everything. Unfortunately theres no way to make this happen yet.

You could do similar things with occultist and the "Obliteration" wand.

On an unrelated note, does weapon elemental damage support and boni to elemental damage with weapons apply to unarmed attacks or do you actually need a weapon that is not your bare (or rather gloved) fists?
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
FCK42 wrote:
On an unrelated note, does weapon elemental damage support and boni to elemental damage with weapons apply to unarmed attacks or do you actually need a weapon that is not your bare (or rather gloved) fists?

Fists are not weapons, no dice.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
FCK42 wrote:

Fists are not weapons, no dice.

Damn, yet another build idea denied by the mechanics... *sigh* I'm slowly starting to feel like I'll never be able to do something interesting with doryani's fist...

Again a different topic, do "increased damage taken" modifiers work multiplicative with your damage?
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info