Mechanical Questions Thread

"
WaterWii wrote:
When enchanting a helmet, Essence of Insanity gives socketed gems 50% of phy as extra lightning damage. If I had physical spectre such as evangelists socketed into a helmet, would they gain the buff?

That is what the modifier says, so yes, of course.

"
dkgnate wrote:
how do these gloves get all three int dex and str without any craft?

Because those are all natural affixes for gloves.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 9, 2017, 6:48:49 PM
"
Séllo wrote:
Hi, can someone please explain to me why a highgarden map can drop from a shaped atoll, after i uncompletet highgarden 2 hours ago? i paid for this cartographers seal to uncomplete it. the bonus objective is resetet, so the seal worked. but now there droped this highgarden again in atoll what am i missing? if it doesnt work this way then why should i spend currency on this seals?

No idea why is that happening, a shaped map shouldn't drop maps that aren't unlocked.

"
vyvy187 wrote:
Does Vorici 4L recipe automatically make 4socket too
for exp, I have a 1socket item, I do the 4L recipe, does it create the other 3socket, or I have to use that recipe on a 4 socket item?
on a corrupted item.

No, the recipe will be disabled if there aren't enough sockets.

"
skuadak wrote:
Insisting on phys damage so far, but at every flaring/tyrranical/tempered/ roll I reroll like 5 t1 flat lighting. Makes me think if something rly weird, like 2h ele ST is even possible.

Yeah, it's what we were saying on the previous page, top tier ele mods are much more likely than phys. I got a crit ele 2h axe ST char, assassin will make anything crit-related work but there's zero support on tree for axes so pretty much anything will work better.

"
theshadedone wrote:
I've got one for you raics (you seem to be pretty good at this)

Let say my character has all of their mana reserved, eldritch battery, and soul taker (and no energy shield gain on hit, no zealots oath and no ghost reaver)

While I have energy shield my skills will obviously use that to fund my skills.

When I have no energy shield however (No mana or es for my skills to use) does consuming 0 mana/es still interrupt my energy shield recovery?

Once it starts recovering I'll obviously have something to consume so the recharge would be interrupted, but while I have no es I'm not losing any es or mana.

Thanks, and if you don't know I'll have to test in game

As far as I know, Soul Taker just prevents the attack from failing if you don't have enough mana, it will still try to remove the cost from your ES pool which will prevent it from recharging.

"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
WaterWii wrote:
how do these gloves get all three int dex and str without any craft?

Because those are all natural affixes for gloves.

To expand on that a bit, gloves are dex-aligned, they can roll whatever is their base stat is and also dex. So, dex gloves can roll dex only and str-int gloves can roll all three.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Alright, so I was thinking... if I'm using drillneck (10% pierce), pierce gem (50% pierce) and powerful precision (100% pierce for 10 units, scaling linearly down towards 0% at 120 units), the distance where I cease to have 100% chance to pierce should be 76 units, right?
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Hi. A question: Slayer ascendancy buffs, specifically in the Brutal Fervor / Endless Hunger and Bane of Legend and Overwhelm, are valid ever with Spell Damage if i use a Staff?
"
FCK42 wrote:
Alright, so I was thinking... if I'm using drillneck (10% pierce), pierce gem (50% pierce) and powerful precision (100% pierce for 10 units, scaling linearly down towards 0% at 120 units), the distance where I cease to have 100% chance to pierce should be 76 units, right?

By my calculation, it's 82 unis from you, but that's the general idea.

"
korio wrote:
Hi. A question: Slayer ascendancy buffs, specifically in the Brutal Fervor / Endless Hunger and Bane of Legend and Overwhelm, are valid ever with Spell Damage if i use a Staff?

Yes, they're unspecified bonuses so they will work with anything.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Can anyone from GGG reply to my post pls?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1676002/page/232/#p14168273
I have a question about a Threshold Jewel, and minions.

Viper Strike Specter + Growing Agony. Will this combination work?

Flicker Strike Specter + Frenzy Charges. Flicker Strike will not consume charges on minions?
"
Alterlvian wrote:
Viper Strike Specter + Growing Agony. Will this combination work?
Flicker Strike Specter + Frenzy Charges. Flicker Strike will not consume charges on minions?

No and no. Minions are not you. Your modifiers and Charges have no effect on Minions unless explicitly stated otherwise.
This has probably been said once or twice before.

But i will put it up anyway.

Is there any chance that GGG will implement mass looting for currency. Being that if i click to pick up 1 wisdom scroll, all wisdom scrolls in a certain vicinity will be automatically picked up.

Only reason i state this would be good, is that it gets tedious picking up currency when you have to pick it up one at a time.

This would not be needed for armour and weapons as people are subjective when it comes to that, but if people want to pick up 4000 wisdom scrolls, why not be able to do it in one shot and move on with what they were doing?

Cheers,

Gearfighter (RipperStripper)
I couldn't find an definitive answer on reddit/google/here about the following:

I have a projectile spell on a spell totem with poison support.
Will both of the following apply to the poison stack or only one?

-Projectile Damage if applied by a projectile skill
-Totem Damage if applied by a totem

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info