Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Hi

I'm Mark_GGG, and I know how PoE works. If you'd also like to, this thread is for you.

We're trying out something new as a way for people with mechanical questions to get answers. People can post mechanical questions in this thread, and every few days I'll come by and answer as many as I can. This is specifically for questions about game mechanics - I can't tell you why a balance change was made, whether something will get nerfed, or what option is "best" for a given build. So if you have questions like "Does X support Y?", "What order do A, B, and C happen in when I get hit?", or "Why do the calculations come out this way when I take this passive?", I can help. Questions like "What will the next league be?", "How do people level so fast?", or "What were you thinking when you nerfed X?" are off topic for this thread, and I'm not going to be answering them.

I'm not perfect, and some things I'll have to look up. It might take me longer to get an answer to your question than someone else's - please be patient in this case. I will be doing my best to answer every mechanical question asked in the thread, although this is on top of my other work, so again, please be patient in waiting for me to get to things. If you ask about announced, but unreleased content (such as unique items shown in previews before the patch that adds them to the game), please understand such things are not always final when shown, and not all the answers might exist yet.

This doesn't mean I won't still be replying in other parts of the forum, so don't feel you have to ask things here to get answers.

That's pretty much all I have to say, so let's get the questions rolling!

---

Here's a link to just the GGG posts in this thread, for people who just want to see answers.

Hi Mark, is herald of Ash MTX supposed to work with ancestral warchief totem?
I need to understand : does Faster casting on BV increase his dps for real ? Or is it just dps text at 20 stack and became better use other gems like inc crit chances ?
Greetings exiles!

I've but a simple question regarding curse effect versus bosses;
the latest patch (2.4.x) states that the curse effect penalty for map and act bosses is now multiplicative and not additive anymore, just that no values of the new multiplier are given.

The former curse effect reduction having been 60%, a multiplier of 0.4 would be a reasonable guess (despite being a fairly sharp penalty for those stacking curse effect).
It'd be nice if you could give concrete information, as wiki and forums are not up-to-date on this issue.

Thanks in advance,
Hfgbrzl
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Hello there,

If I put in Empower (125% Mana Multiplier) in my skill-gem-setup, it increases the mana cost by more than for example the Controlled Destruction Gem (130% Mana Multiplier).

How is the Mana Multiplier calculated anyway?

If my Flameblast costs unlinked 10 mana, i have 110%, 140%, 140%, 130% and 125% Mana Multiplier and 2 rings with each -8 mana cost of skills, shouldnt that add up to 9 mana cost per cast?

Please enlighten me here! Thanks
How does Multistrike Support really work for my SRS minions?

It says that Supported Melee Attacks Repeat 2 additional times + it gives more melee attack speed.

Does it means that if avarege dps for example is 1000dps, then:

1000 - 30% (less dmg) = 700 dps
700*2+94% (atk speed) = 2716 dps

Do i understand right?
⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎠⎞ ☼ EVIL ☼ ⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎝⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎠⎞
Clan ‡Evil‡ (Discord) https://discord.gg/faVmKsP
Repeats are just that - the skill is repeated multiple times. As such, it has no effect on DPS. Only the Less Damage/More Attack Speed affects DPS.
"
Hfgbrzl wrote:
the latest patch (2.4.x) states that the curse effect penalty for map and act bosses is now multiplicative and not additive anymore, just that no values of the new multiplier are given.

They did not say the value changed. Only that the Boss curse effectiveness is a less multiplier instead of a reduction to additives. It further reduces the player's +% inc. effect of curses when lots is invested there.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Repeats are just that - the skill is repeated multiple times. As such, it has no effect on DPS. Only the Less Damage/More Attack Speed affects DPS.

So it works like that:

1000 - 30% (less dmg) = 700 dps
700+94% (atk speed) = 1358 dps (35.8% more dmg)

Than maybe its better to change it to Melee Damage on Full Life Support which gives 49% more dmg?
⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎠⎞ ☼ EVIL ☼ ⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎝⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎛⎝⎛⎝⎠⎞⎠⎞
Clan ‡Evil‡ (Discord) https://discord.gg/faVmKsP
"
Valiren wrote:

I have a question - does the "Nearby enemies have -20% chaos resistance" from Void Beacon on Occultist stack with multiple players? What about the "Enemies you curse take 10% increased damage?"

It is an aura like mechanic and works as such while partying. Only the strongest would be affecting mobs.

For the inc. dmg, any player's doing dmg would be increased by 10%.
"They did not say the value changed. Only that the Boss curse effectiveness is a less multiplier instead of a reduction to additives. It further reduces the player's +% inc. effect of curses when lots is invested there."

I am afraid that this does not answer my question at all. As stated in my comment I guessed as much; that the value did not change. However, just the lack of a notation of a change does not imply that there was none .. thus I was asking for clarification.
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info