[2.3] Myra Burning Vortex (CHEAP, 100% fire, AA, dual curse, Vaal Pact, Vaal righteous fire)

Idk if it's really a problem but the mobs that get destroyed by the pyre effect and therefore doesn't prolif can be solved by using the Southbound gloves(Your hits can only kill frozen enemies). It will bring the mobs down to 1hp and then the dot will kill them, so the mobs don't get destroyed and will proliferate. You will lose the 5L from vaal righteous fire since you in this case don't use the Wyrmsign gloves.

"
Myraklus wrote:
"
Slaviator wrote:
Can we use Elemental Prolif Support instead of Beacon of Ruin?

You would waste a damage socket using Elemental Prolif.

What about https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1625901

"
In 2.3 Beacon of Ruin is getting buffed to 12 radius (from 9). Isn't it better to replace the Prolif gem with it now?
No.
Well, our beloved Elemental Proliferation is also getting buffed, to 16. That means, that after all modifiers applied to both, the gem is still about 68% better than Beacon, AoE-wise (and 35% better than Ascendancy Elemental Proliferation).

But isn't the damage increase from replacing Ele Prolif, more or less, making up for the AoE loss?
Well, I did some testing with the dmg numbers using Beacon of Ruin and Empower instead of Elemental Proliferation, and... my tooltip shows 46% more damage with this setup. Insane, huh?
Well, in fact, not really. Mind you, that when going Beacon of Ruin you cannot take Mastermind of Discord simply because if you do, you're most likely going to die to reflect. So you're pretty much forced to take Paragon of Calamity (which is not neccessary when using Ele Prolif gem).

What does that mean?
It means that while the Beacon of Ruin/Empower setup shows 46% more tooltip damage, it doesn't neccessarily mean it does that much more because - compared to the Ele Prolif version with 65% fire penetration - it has effectively only 40%.
So let's do some simple math on various monster resistance values that you could encounter, and how do they affect our damage.
For the ease of calculation I'm gonna assume here that our Elemental Proliferation Flameblast does 1000 damage, while our Beacon of Ruin Flameblast does 1460. I'm also going to consider the 44% fire res reduction we get from flammability. So:
Elemental Proliferation version (EP): 1000 damage, -44% Flammability, -65% Penetration
Beacon of Ruin version (BoR): 1460 damage, =44% Flammability, -40% Penetration

This is how the real damage values are for these specific resistances:
0% resistance
EP: 2090 damage
BoR: 2686 damage
28.5% more damage

50% resistance
EP: 1590 damage
BoR: 1956 damage
23% more damage

75% resistance
EP: 1340 damage
BoR: 1591 damage
18.7% more damage

119% resistance (75% + curse overcapped)
EP: 900 damage
BoR: 949 damage
5.4% more damage

Maybe radius is realy better than dmg?
Cool build, I'll have to give it a shot in HC!

In your passive tree, you can save two points by dropping the Practical Application cluster and filling in the int node to the left of Blast Radius. Maybe grab the last mana and life node near Heart and Soul and save one point.
Myraklus, how do i improve my single target dps? I tried killing atziri with this build and the 3 bosses kicked my ass then atziri kicked my ass as my single target dps when no other monsters are near is crap.
When a boss is surrounded by several other monsters i kill it in seconds due to the burn and prolif etc, but if its on its own my single target dps is poor. Any tips?

you should be able to check my gear etc, its not that bad i dont think.
Last edited by Mental_One on Jun 8, 2016, 5:54:53 PM
"
Mental_One wrote:
Myraklus, how do i improve my single target dps? I tried killing atziri with this build and the 3 bosses kicked my ass then atziri kicked my ass as my single target dps when no other monsters are near is crap.
When a boss is surrounded by several other monsters i kill it in seconds due to the burn and prolif etc, but if its on its own my single target dps is poor. Any tips?

you should be able to check my gear etc, its not that bad i dont think.

Too bad this build is not for atziri 'cause she is immune to fire. Vaal RF is what we used for single target. Even with Ziggyd build focusing more on DoT damage, I doubt he can take down atziri as well. Burning is a big part of this build n it is completely useless against atziri.
"
Spawnbroker wrote:
Cool build, I'll have to give it a shot in HC!

In your passive tree, you can save two points by dropping the Practical Application cluster and filling in the int node to the left of Blast Radius. Maybe grab the last mana and life node near Heart and Soul and save one point.

Don't you think in HC is even more important to worry about stun? With the play style of lightning wrap into a pack, cast vortex, lightning warp out, it would suck to be stunned. Unless you get the enchant to avoid stun on kill like I do (uber lab one), you might consider dropping practical Application but the dex is still handy and the more stun avoidance the better.
"
Slaviator wrote:

Maybe radius is realy better than dmg?

Ok, Flameblast is different than vortex. When u can charge Flameblast to max stage, it does a lot of damage and has huge AoE. Vortex's damage is stable and that's why we need to focus on improving our damage and AoE.
Secondly, with pyre ring, Elemental prolif is not a big part of this build. It is still a quality of life in clearing though.
Regardless, play with it and tell me the result.

"
spaggetti wrote:
Idk if it's really a problem but the mobs that get destroyed by the pyre effect and therefore doesn't prolif can be solved by using the Southbound gloves(Your hits can only kill frozen enemies). It will bring the mobs down to 1hp and then the dot will kill them, so the mobs don't get destroyed and will proliferate. You will lose the 5L from vaal righteous fire since you in this case don't use the Wyrmsign gloves.

Beacons of Rune will play a better role in late game when you dont one shot pack, then prolif then kicks it and allows you to vortex once per pack without wasting time vortex 2-3 times. Our cast speed is rather slow.

I have not played with Southbound gloves but it can be quite nice. Currently I am only using 3L on Vaal RF with Vaal RF + controlled destruction + life leech because of lacking socket. I guess it can be worked around if you decide to use Southbound.

Edit: Just played with Southbound gloves and it's crazy how much better the clearspead is. If it was already good without Soundbound, now it's god tier! Updated 2 versions for gear! Thanks for suggestion
Last edited by Myraklus on Jun 8, 2016, 6:29:51 PM
I just realized this weapon has some potential

The increased damage against mod should function like an increased damage mod. I know it's additive instead of multiplicative, but it should have the same value as increased elemental damage mod.
The downside is the low hinder aoe coverage, but it should be fine for this build.
Last edited by sharbe on Jun 9, 2016, 8:04:37 AM
The weapon is great. Main Problem with Doryani's Catalyst is it Elemental Proliferation with its mana multiplyer.
Last edited by knivil on Jun 9, 2016, 8:34:22 AM
I am running this build now on HC. I am about 60 now (Act 2 Merc) and about to pick up Vaal Pact. Scared don't know if it is worth using Vaal Righteous Fire. What are your thoughts? How much would you struggle with bosses without it? Have you ever killed yourself by a poorly located VRF? If I don't go VRF is there another set of gloves you would recommend? Stick with the wyrm? Just use rares? Thanks for your reply!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info