[2.3] Ancestral Chieftain - Triple Ancestral Warchief Facebreaker 150K+DPS

"
just checked and skirmish is also dropping in standard so I'll definitely try out this build once i get Yama the Monkey or next league. :3

Nice to see people finding innovative ways on builds.

In terms of belts do you usually go for the %pdmg belt or the +str belt. also since we dont use any weapons or shields we're limited to flasks,phase run and l.warp for mobility?

Thanks!

For belts, I use Meginord's Girdle for the flat damage and STR bonus, as well as the life, but you could use a Doryani's invitation for physical damage and nice resists, or a Rustic sash with resists/life/armor.

I say this because the 10 flat damage and 10% life you get from Meginord's isn't as impactful as the 50 flat from Abyssus or ~355 life from Belly of the Beast (if you use that).

I'd say a rustic sash with 24% on it, and at least 70 flat life on it will likely outperform Meginord's in terms of life provided, and the loss of damage can be made up from other gear. I know I have a lot of room to improve with my jewelry, for example.

Meginord's is quick and easy though.

As for movement skills, I personally use flame dash but a leveled LW with Less Duration on it is likely just as good if not better. Flame dash is fiery though, so it fits my theme more haha.

Phase run give a decent speed boost, but I tested it and, sadly, the damage and speed bonuses don't last long enough to make it worthwhile overall.

That's just my experience though, your results may vary.
IGN: Bravo_Thirsty
Hey, I'm a new player and I really like how this build looks. Got to 19 and I've gotten facebreakers, but can you tell me how I can get the Skirmish quiver? Thanks.
Main problem of AW (as any melee skill) in different of spell totems - weapon. AW is much more depend on this weapons. How do you bypass it? I'm 58 lvl now and have 2,5k dps only (3k with active totem) with 2h weapon.
Distance between player and totems is also a con of AW is that totems attack only while the player stands close to it, while another totems less depended on it. So is important to get as more hp as possible, thus a question is stand - is viable this build with 1h + shield?
The recent Ancestral Totem builds ive seen have gone either facebreaker (unarmed with or w/o shield) or 2h (axe or mace) for mace theyd go marohi erqi for even bigger AoE. Melee Totem build is definitely a very different play style so it'll take some getting used to on it. Marauder Chieftain is preferred on this build because you can get a passive that lets the totem taunt on hit alleviating the aggro problems.

For skirmish get lucky with it as drop or trade for it.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
I am also using ancestral warchief at PHC but I am using 2H sword Doomsower at the moment. I plan to transit to a crit version when I have more currency to acquire hegemony's era and kaom'heart/coil. I am curious about the decision of "less duration" as the 6th link. Do we use it only for the 30% more damage? Does less duration reduce delay of the totem? If not, why dont we use pierce since they have same damage multiplier? Additionally, what do you think about melee damage on full life?

Thanks
Yes found abyssus today, the damage it gives is insane :D About Phaserun i use it with increased duration so i come to around 4 sec, its useful in Labyrinth and bossfights.

@CNwhitenight i don't think pierce works on meele and it gives projectile damage anyway. Melee damage on full life sounds good at first but your totem alway takes damage so its not good either.
I was thinking abut lvl 90 passive tree is it good to got to Ironwood passive skill for more dmg resistances and life and dmg reduce or better whit area of effect dmg ?
Last edited by croc00 on Jun 11, 2016, 8:30:35 PM
disregard
Last edited by maratega on Jun 19, 2016, 6:21:20 AM
"
NetworkRanger wrote:
Main problem of AW (as any melee skill) in different of spell totems - weapon. AW is much more depend on this weapons. How do you bypass it? I'm 58 lvl now and have 2,5k dps only (3k with active totem) with 2h weapon.
Distance between player and totems is also a con of AW is that totems attack only while the player stands close to it, while another totems less depended on it. So is important to get as more hp as possible, thus a question is stand - is viable this build with 1h + shield?

To deal with dps problems when using a weapon, I would just use various unique 2h weapons while leveling. If, though, you were to use facebreakers, you could just get an amulet and rings with high added physical damage to attacks, and some defenses. I will say that leveling this build with facebreakers has been one of the smoothest leveling experiences I have had. There was almost no time where my totems did not one shot white packs.

At level 58 you could consider getting a solid endgame weapon with high phys%, added phys, and attack speed. With that you should not have many dps issues as long as you have good skill tree allocation.
I think you loose too much DPS and defense when using that quiver instead of a shield. There aren't many phys nodes on passive tree that boost Facebreakers DPS and picking the shield nodes by duelist is crucial. Though, when using totems, you can also pick those nodes as well for sure, but you still loose out on too much damage and defense not using a shield.

I gotta say, I see no point in going Marauder when doing a tri-totem AW. The taunt isn't needed if you use a shield and both Templar and Scion outperforms Marauder both defense and damage wise. I myself have pushed over 550K tooltip DPS and still maintaining being quite tanky to make the build work in HC.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info