[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
TeaAddict wrote:

Also rolled this today:

I know there's no int, but these low tier maps I am doing fine without it. I have a backup ring too.

Using a swap staff for MF culling and easy trash clear is good, but using an MF ring is too much, it hurts your efficiency more than helps.

And what are you hoping to find? Shav? It's worth what, 3 ex? You will find those 3 ex or its equivalent in maps/drops FASTER if you don't ruin your character's DPS and survivability by using MF items but run high maps with more profitable mod+pack size, and clear faster too.

"
Tshyk wrote:
How about dropping uneavering stance and using Valyrium
Would save more than 10 skillpoints

Was already discussed, find it somewhere in the middle of this thread. The ring is not worth the sacrifice. And US costs only 5 points, not 10. Any nodes that give Int are good.

"
Endactam wrote:
Got super lucky today

Now I can use a ring like this. If I can get one to roll int and ES going to put +%ES on it. This ring adds more damage and almost as much ES as the perandus signet (essence only).

Grats!!

Do you have a Perandus Signet? I'd like to see what's better - that ring or Perandus? What gives you more DPS and/or ES?

"
Aiyania wrote:
@lord_seru Hi, I follow your icestorm guide. I find it interesting you don't use Auxium anymore, and use no sapphire flask. How do you find chill/freeze in T13+. Is crystal belt the way to go now?

My character in the Essence league (Lord_Seru) is a Templar, Inquisitor. I wanted to try a new class with WI and it works fine. Inquisitor is immune to elemental status ailments on consecrated ground which he creates a lot from his Ascendancy nodes, plus I like Sulphur flasks for their 15/60 charges and 40% inc dmg and they happen to create consecrated ground too. All that makes trading Auxium for a crystal belt a no-brainer for the Inquisitor.

I don't know how bad it is for other classes without Auxium. Crystal belts with Int are only available in this league, I don't have one in Standard to try on my Elementalist, and other belts (or crystal ones without Int) are not worth it. But those who posted here seem to be happy with crystal belts on their Elementalists in this league. So it's probably not that bad.

For the two new uber bosses that do cold damage (Hydra and the Shaper) I bring anti-chill flasks regardless of the class because getting chilled by them even briefly can be fatal and neither Auxium nor the Inquisitor ascendancy is enough to be safe there.

"
reliq wrote:
Anyway, I'm now sitting at 9500ES and 1700+INT. I killed all the guardians and I'm ready to try the shaper. Watching OP in his videos make it look like it's easy but it's not lol OP is very knowledgeable about boss mechanisms and he knows which flasks he needs. Some boss fights require some skills and not only facetank.
The Phoenix was the harder for me, he can OS you even without damage mod with 9kES. You need good flash mgt and move properly while killing adds quickly.
Hydra was second harder, need good flask management.
Minotaur and chimera are the easiest since you can face tank them whole day long.

Of course, it takes some practice. :)

Phoenix? Are you using PoF? Not forgetting to refresh the Orb? Fortifying often? Not neglecting to kill the adds? I don't even change flasks for the Phoenix from my regular mapping setup unless there are some nasty mods. I've done Phoenix with EW -maxres (with Ruby flasks).

For me, Hydra is the most trouble. She accounts for most of my T16 deaths because she tries to run away all the time instead of trying to smash you like the rest of them. I do her with anti-chill flasks and avoid TC or chilled ground.

Chimera was very scary at first, but once you get used to the fog phase it's all trivial, I've even done it with TC (double ms flasks let you run fast enough). Just don't do it with Vulnerability - BAD idea. :)

Minotaur is a big softie and can be done with just about any mods. Although if you get -maxres or Vuln you probably want to bring flasks to counter that and run PoL.

By 'any mods' I mean, of course: no Leech immunity, no Hexproof and no motherfucking Blood Magic.

I'll post a deathless Shaper kill with the Inquisitor later tonight when I have time to make a video.

"
Rusherboy wrote:
Bought a ilvl 85 Crystal Belt and one Deafening Eccence of Spite later :

Spoiler

Not bad but I'll probably throw few Divinations at it when I can afford.

Nice! Definitely throw some Divines at it. 58 Int is better than 52 Int. :)
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 3, 2016, 6:14:11 PM
"
Maumas wrote:
Hi Kelvynn, i have a question about Uber atziri, how much ES/DMG you need to propertly do it? As i saw you did it in essence league. I have about 8,5k es atm, wondering if its enough.
Also i thought about swaping axium for high ES belt just for uber runs.

I haven't done Uber Atziri in the Essence league, been doing T16 and the Shaper almost all the time. Atziri suddenly sounds so 2014... And she doesn't drop anything useful for this build (neither does the Shaper but he's new).

The video for Uber Atziri is from the Prophecy league and nothing has changed in 2.4 that would affect it. I had 8.5k ES in Prophecy too. Something around 7-7.5k ES and 5-6k Icestorm (in town) should be enough. Crystal belt instead of Auxium would definitely be a good idea since there is no cold damage there.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 3, 2016, 6:46:28 PM
first of all, great guide and thanks for all the help, answered questions etc..

now my problem:
tried minotaur guardian and i have no idea how to survive him. i did 5 maps and even failed to kill him once, because i ran out of portals. if i survive him deathless its just luck i guess (1 run was deathless, no dmg mods on map). he is able to one shot me at all times (only if i play a white map or 0 dmg mods, no vuln etc. he cant one shot me). after the first map i switched to chaos golem, but it didnt help (and changed my normal flasksetup to granits and basalts).
is this "easy" guardian not possible (deathless) without lvl 3 enlightn and arctic armour? how can i kill the other ones, if the easiest one already gives me huge trouble? is my gear really that bad or am i missing something?

my profile is public.
"
Kelvynn wrote:

"
Endactam wrote:
Got super lucky today

Now I can use a ring like this. If I can get one to roll int and ES going to put +%ES on it. This ring adds more damage and almost as much ES as the perandus signet (essence only).

Grats!!

Do you have a Perandus Signet? I'd like to see what's better - that ring or Perandus? What gives you more DPS and/or ES?

Yes I have a signet. Stats in hideout with no golems & this ring (didn't get a good es roll will have to try again maybe).

Signet:
ES: 8,814
Dmg: 7,580
Int: 1,544

Ring
ES: 8,937
Dmg 7,844
Int: 1,504

The ring is superior for dmg and ES with the right rolls. Without the int I think the signet is superior. Yes it is - threw on a +51% dmg no int ring and ended up at 7,397 damage.

Optimal would be
Prefix: ES, Crafted +%ES
Suffix Int, Cold/Fire dmg, Cast speed (probably).
Last edited by Endactam on Oct 3, 2016, 7:32:37 PM
Regarding T16 issues with bosses & this build.

Shaper Kelvynn sums it up well in his previous posts. Run purity of ice, run anti freeze flasks. Don't get hit with his slam. You can tank the laser if you have a few WI casts going. You can't reliably tank the balls without 10k ES or POI & a Sapphire running.
Practice.

Most important part of the shaper fight:
Place the orbs on the outside of the area.
Don't get hit by the slam

Chimera:
Face tank him. DO NOT MOVE bleeding is bad. Use basalt flasks when he first pops out because you don't have many WI stacks to leech from. When he's in the fog a quicksilver flask helps a ton.

Hydra:
Worst T16 for this build. Cast 1-2 times. Move slightly to dodge balls / his next attack. Repeat. Liberal use of leap slam is recomended. Bring anti freeze flasks, more than 1.
I found that turning off arctic armour helped a lot as you don't run out of mana if not close to the hydra & are not leeching mana.

Phoenix
Run Purity of fire. Stick him on one side of the room so when he charges at you he's still close but the entire charge doesn't hit you. Bring ruby flaks. Face tank until too many adds or the floating balls of fire are on you. Move a bit & kill some adds. You can eat his big AOE if over 7k es don't worry about it too much unless there's damage mods.
Video (1st ever upload yay): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkvyP6teWj8&feature=youtu.be

Minotaur
Face tank until he drops rocks, move out of the rocks (yellow circles). Dodge his undergound charge as that can 1 shot you /wo flasks running. I found leap slamming around like an idiot when he goes under worked most of the time. Liberal use of basalt / armor flasks will help. Don't touch the lightning.
Last edited by Endactam on Oct 3, 2016, 9:32:47 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

"
reliq wrote:
Anyway, I'm now sitting at 9500ES and 1700+INT. I killed all the guardians and I'm ready to try the shaper. Watching OP in his videos make it look like it's easy but it's not lol OP is very knowledgeable about boss mechanisms and he knows which flasks he needs. Some boss fights require some skills and not only facetank.
The Phoenix was the harder for me, he can OS you even without damage mod with 9kES. You need good flash mgt and move properly while killing adds quickly.
Hydra was second harder, need good flask management.
Minotaur and chimera are the easiest since you can face tank them whole day long.

Of course, it takes some practice. :)

Phoenix? Are you using PoF? Not forgetting to refresh the Orb? Fortifying often? Not neglecting to kill the adds? I don't even change flasks for the Phoenix from my regular mapping setup unless there are some nasty mods. I've done Phoenix with EW -maxres (with Ruby flasks).

For me, Hydra is the most trouble. She accounts for most of my T16 deaths because she tries to run away all the time instead of trying to smash you like the rest of them. I do her with anti-chill flasks and avoid TC or chilled ground.

Chimera was very scary at first, but once you get used to the fog phase it's all trivial, I've even done it with TC (double ms flasks let you run fast enough). Just don't do it with Vulnerability - BAD idea. :)

Minotaur is a big softie and can be done with just about any mods. Although if you get -maxres or Vuln you probably want to bring flasks to counter that and run PoL.

By 'any mods' I mean, of course: no Leech immunity, no Hexproof and no motherfucking Blood Magic.

I'll post a deathless Shaper kill with the Inquisitor later tonight when I have time to make a video.

I tried Phoenix again and it was smoother, the problem is to face tank the big explosion.
And no I'm not running Purity of fire, that would help i guess but i didn't want to self cast warlord's mark :p (also I have some problems to rearrange the gem slot)
I tried again Hydra and I found he is easy as long as you run anti freeze flask. His damage is not very high compare to others guardians and he is slow to attack, so plenty of time to walk around. I guess it's just a matter of taste.

Also did my first shaper and failed in last phase (i started last phase at 50% HP). I think i was not having proper flask management as I often got stuck eating his ball or too slow to dodge the slam (spell echo ftw). Again was not running purity of ice but i had 0 problem until phase 3. Maybe he is faster or something during last phase. The most annoying is to handle those balls though, this build doesn't like to move :D

ALso i rearrange some skill points to ditch the overcap resist/increase AOE for more INT.
Now sitting at 1800+INT and 10kES, so i guess it's just a matter of skills now to down shaper.

I think increase aoe decrease your dps too much on single target. The explosion area of the icecicle seems not affected by AOE inc/decrease. Hence it's better to have small area where icecicle drops.
Last edited by reliq on Oct 3, 2016, 10:04:32 PM
Update on the shaper fight.
9k ES, fortify & 85% cold resist can eat a shaper slam... just.
I think I may have lived through a second slam with only fortify & 79% cold resist but I'm not sure. I was in triple digit ES though after the hit and I had used a sapphire flask ~5 seconds before so maybe 50/50 if it was up.
"
Endactam wrote:
Update on the shaper fight.
9k ES, fortify & 85% cold resist can eat a shaper slam... just.
I think I may have lived through a second slam with only fortify & 79% cold resist but I'm not sure. I was in triple digit ES though after the hit and I had used a sapphire flask ~5 seconds before so maybe 50/50 if it was up.

Where do you put purity of ice ? Instead of attack speed?
Or you have 2 helms with different socket color ?

The slam seems to be phys + cold, not 100% phys nor 100% cold. So anything that can reduce either one is good to take I suppose.
how you leech mana in phoenix fight without warlord mark?
People who don't understand how to run Purity without losing WM (or having to cast WM manually), please read these two posts:
- page 87 post
- page 89 post

I will be updating the guide soon and adding these new bosses to the Q&A section.

"
CheefKaigen wrote:
now my problem:
tried minotaur guardian and i have no idea how to survive him. i did 5 maps and even failed to kill him once, because i ran out of portals. if i survive him deathless its just luck i guess (1 run was deathless, no dmg mods on map). he is able to one shot me at all times (only if i play a white map or 0 dmg mods, no vuln etc. he cant one shot me). after the first map i switched to chaos golem, but it didnt help (and changed my normal flasksetup to granits and basalts).
is this "easy" guardian not possible (deathless) without lvl 3 enlightn and arctic armour? how can i kill the other ones, if the easiest one already gives me huge trouble? is my gear really that bad or am i missing something?

By the time you want to try the very top endgame bosses, you really should have Enlighten lv 3. If you try a boss that does massive physical dmg (such as Minotaur or Chimera) without AA (12% LESS phys dmg) - yeah, that's going to hurt. You are missing AA. And probably neglecting to keep Fortify up. He can sometimes shock, have an anti-shock flask with you.

"
Endactam wrote:
Minotaur
Face tank until he drops rocks, move out of the rocks (yellow circles). Dodge his undergound charge as that can 1 shot you /wo flasks running. I found leap slamming around like an idiot when he goes under worked most of the time. Liberal use of basalt / armor flasks will help. Don't touch the lightning.

Dodge Mino?? I've never had to dodge him. Maybe if you roll Vuln + extra dmg or something. But you can counter those mods by running PoL and basalt flasks (his dmg seems to be 50% phys 50% lightning) and NOT MOVING (otherwise AA won't protect you).

Here's all 4 of them:

New video: T16 bosses (Essence league)

Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 4, 2016, 1:42:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info