[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

Kelvynn, can you post a pic of your defense tab please? I'd like to see your resists.
leveling this build in hardcore - lvl 43 currently with 900 life / 750es

not sure if I can transition into CI already.. ~1,1k es only feels so low

any ideas what is needed minimum?
with my low life pool now - the chaos damage from mobs hurts a lot
"
H3avyM3tal wrote:
Kelvynn, can you post a pic of your defense tab please? I'd like to see your resists.

Current from the Standard league (my profile is public, can see the current gear there):

Keep in mind that this is Standard. You cannot expect to have these items in a temp league after 1 week unless you are filthy rich.
New video:

Guardian of the Phoenix

Small arena, mostly fire damage. I'm using the Uber Atziri setup, except that there is nothing to dodge, nothing can 1-shot you. Very easy fight as long as you don't neglect to kill the adds (they stack some kinda fire debuff on you). I brought Ruby flasks but they were not really needed. 1.5 min fight with +46% life mod.
Hey I'm trying to get going with Whispering Ice as we speak.

I noticed there are a couple WI builds atm.

What are the main differences between this build and WaffleT's Templar version? It looks like the templar has bigger defence, dps and speed?

Edit: link to templar build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1697785/page/1

Note that i plan to max out about level 87/88.
Last edited by brunowa on Sep 7, 2016, 12:42:26 AM
I was wondering about all those sulphur flasks in your Guardian video. I looked up consecrated ground and the wiki says it provides life regeneration. And I thought Vaal Pact disabled life regen, so I was just wondering what's going on there. I assume the flasks are all going right into regenerating your ES somehow?
"
Kelvynn wrote:
New video:

Guardian of the Phoenix

Small arena, mostly fire damage. I'm using the Uber Atziri setup, except that there is nothing to dodge, nothing can 1-shot you. Very easy fight as long as you don't neglect to kill the adds (they stack some kinda fire debuff on you). I brought Ruby flasks but they were not really needed. 1.5 min fight with +46% life mod.

Nice! How soon can we expect to see you kill Shaper?:)
"
brunowa wrote:
Hey I'm trying to get going with Whispering Ice as we speak.

I noticed there are a couple WI builds atm.

What are the main differences between this build and WaffleT's Templar version? It looks like the templar has bigger defence, dps and speed?

Edit: link to templar build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1697785/page/1

Note that i plan to max out about level 87/88.

He doesn't have faster speed, his video is just sped up. ;)

He doesn't have bigger DPS either, Elementalist has much higher resist penetration, it just doesn't show in the tooltip.

I dunno about the defenses. Guardian has armor, block and resists. Elementalist has curses, leech and anti-reflect. One may be better than the other in different situations.

This build can do everything in PoE pretty easily and you can see it in the videos. With almost any mods. That build - no idea what it can and cannot do, which bosses and mods. The only video it has is an easy trash clear.

But the biggest difference? The budget. Not new league friendly, at all.

It's nice to have variety though. The more the better.

"
Liagos wrote:
I was wondering about all those sulphur flasks in your Guardian video. I looked up consecrated ground and the wiki says it provides life regeneration. And I thought Vaal Pact disabled life regen, so I was just wondering what's going on there. I assume the flasks are all going right into regenerating your ES somehow?

Consecrated ground does nothing for this build. I use Sulphur flasks for two reasons:

1. With reduced charges mod (Chemist's) they can be used 4 times before refilling. That's 19.2 sec of the buff of your choice per flask. Or roughly 1.5 min total without refilling.

2. They give 40% increased dmg buff.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 7, 2016, 2:33:40 AM
New video:

Guardian of the Chimera

This guy deals physical and chaos damage. Nothing serious. Except one trick: he disappears into the fog, and you get hit by really fast and heavy physical projectiles every 1 sec until you find him. This can absolutely destroy an unsuspecting non-life/armor character. But once you figure it out (he's in the fog!) and bring a couple of flasks such as these:

then he's not so scary anymore. One each is enough, I didn't get to use the spare ones, adds refill them.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 7, 2016, 3:08:19 AM
This is probably the best and most user friendly guide I've ever read here in this forum. Very well done sir!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info