[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
Maumas wrote:
Nice! How soon can we expect to see you kill Shaper?:)

When GGG fixes > THIS SHIT <.
Great work on this Kelvynn, enjoying every moment of it.
Anyhow, i seem to have an issue with the mana reservation. Even with the 2 extra talent points as suggested (near CI and Leadership) i seem to have only 70-80ish mana left with AA up and the 2 curses. I do belive there is no other option (without max lvl Enlighten). Or maybe stack above 1500 int so you would have a bigger mana pool to reserve from? What would you suggest? Thanks.
"
vpetrovgb wrote:
Anyhow, i seem to have an issue with the mana reservation. Even with the 2 extra talent points as suggested (near CI and Leadership) i seem to have only 70-80ish mana left with AA up and the 2 curses. I do belive there is no other option (without max lvl Enlighten). Or maybe stack above 1500 int so you would have a bigger mana pool to reserve from? What would you suggest? Thanks.

What 2 curses? Your auras should be: Discipline, WM+Blasphemy, AA. Two of the three should be in Black Sun Crest with Enlighten. That way you use the +1 gem level bonus and Enlighten lv 1 becomes lv 2, etc. Are you not using them in the helm? Or maybe you haven't taken Deep Thoughts yet? What lv is your Enlighten? I remember mine was lv 2 for a very long time in the last league, although I think I didn't bother using AA until it got to lv 2. It's pretty easy getting it to lv 2.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Maumas wrote:

Yeah, that is not cool at all =\ But what do you think, is it doable on this build? Looks like it should be!
"
Maumas wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Maumas wrote:

Yeah, that is not cool at all =\ But what do you think, is it doable on this build? Looks like it should be!

Absolutely! The mechanics aren't too hard to deal with. If only it stops freezing...

Before you get to the Shaper himself, you have to kill 4 random bosses - which is a very nice touch by GGG. Mine included Core Malachai, Ambrius, Uber Vaal and, for a change of pace, General Gravicius (lol). But from what I've seen in other videos they are different every time, picked randomly from a pool of N endgame map bosses. So you have to play a build that can kill any boss. Such as this one. :))
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
vpetrovgb wrote:

What 2 curses? Your auras should be: Discipline, WM+Blasphemy, AA. Two of the three should be in Black Sun Crest with Enlighten. That way you use the +1 gem level bonus and Enlighten lv 1 becomes lv 2, etc. Are you not using them in the helm? Or maybe you haven't taken Deep Thoughts yet? What lv is your Enlighten? I remember mine was lv 2 for a very long time in the last league, although I think I didn't bother using AA until it got to lv 2. It's pretty easy getting it to lv 2.

sorry not curses, i ment discipline aura+curse aura
You probably didnt, since WM+BL is 35% Discipline is also 35% ,AA is 25% thats total of 95% of mana, unless enlighten gets to lvl4 (with helmet) then it reduces the mana reserved to 62% (from WM and DISC) + 25% for AA leaves you with 13% of your mana pool to work with. If you have a total of 1500 mana pool (wich I have with Deep toughts) that leaves me with 195 mana (1 cast).
Guess useing AA gets restricted to when you reach near 1500 intelligence for a bigger mana pool.

unless im doing something terribly wrong or my math sucks

playing without AA it not too hard but it would help alot against huge packs of phisical shooting spowns and fire crap explosions from Atziri :)
"
StealthEagle wrote:
leveling this build in hardcore - lvl 43 currently with 900 life / 750es

not sure if I can transition into CI already.. ~1,1k es only feels so low

any ideas what is needed minimum?
with my low life pool now - the chaos damage from mobs hurts a lot

Try to spec into CI. I started this build today and have 1.3k es on lvl 44.
I am trying to miss all bosses, but have really good clear speed and save.
"
vpetrovgb wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
vpetrovgb wrote:

sorry not curses, i ment discipline aura+curse aura
You probably didnt, since WM+BL is 35% Discipline is also 35% ,AA is 25% thats total of 95% of mana, unless enlighten gets to lvl4 (with helmet) then it reduces the mana reserved to 62% (from WM and DISC) + 25% for AA leaves you with 13% of your mana pool to work with. If you have a total of 1500 mana pool (wich I have with Deep toughts) that leaves me with 195 mana (1 cast).
Guess useing AA gets restricted to when you reach near 1500 intelligence for a bigger mana pool.

unless im doing something terribly wrong or my math sucks

playing without AA it not too hard but it would help alot against huge packs of phisical shooting spowns and fire crap explosions from Atziri :)

1500 mana pool is very low indeed. I was playing with a lv 2 Enlighten just fine, but I prioritized Int on my gear above all (Int = everything: DPS, ES, mana) and didn't have this problem. Also, I was using Item Rarity instead of CE for everything but the very top bosses. That makes the spell cost a lot lower. You don't really need the top DPS for trash or gimp bosses like Dominus or Infernal King. IIR is good in a new league anyway, I found a Shav and a bunch of other nice stuff on my own in Prophecy by clearing everything with Item Rarity. AA is also not necessary except for some boss fights and reflect, it's just nice to have.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 7, 2016, 12:47:11 PM
i got 1635 mana atm im running AA+DISC+WM and i got 202 mana left ~ 1 1/2 casts enlighting is lvl 2(+1) atm
working on helm enchant

By the way i have 7.2k ES atm end just got my 2nd curse .. with only WM Izaro 1shotted me in uber lab with his ground slam in your video he deals like 4k~ dmg to you :o Does enfeeble help that much ? Or are you using any special flasks
Last edited by AiMBOYrEE on Sep 7, 2016, 2:16:14 PM
"
AiMBOYrEE wrote:
i got 1635 mana atm im running AA+DISC+WM and i got 202 mana left ~ 1 1/2 casts enlighting is lvl 2(+1) atm
working on helm enchant

By the way i have 7.2k ES atm end just got my 2nd curse .. with only WM Izaro 1shotted me in uber lab with his ground slam in your video he deals like 4k~ dmg to you :o Does enfeeble help that much ? Or are you using any special flasks

1.5 casts worth of mana with Enlighten lv 2 is fine.

Izaro can 1-shot you if you let him get the buffs or put curses on you AND you fail to use Fortify/AA/Enfeeble. Yes, Enfeeble is VERY important. It should be the 2nd curse, not TC. The dual-curse version of this build was using WM+Enfeeble. But if you got 1-shot with 7.2k ES then you probably didn't pay attention to Fortify either.

I use Quicksilver flasks of Adrenaline (+70% move speed) and a staunching flask for lab runs. No extra protection is needed against Izaro even with the worst buffs when you have AA+Enfeeble+Fortify - he cannot possibly 1-shot you with that combo as long as you have over 6.5k ES (that was the biggest hit I've even seen, with him on max charges and all curses on me).

You also don't have to facetank him on the days when he has charges. He's pretty easy to dodge.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 7, 2016, 5:34:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info