[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

I just found this ring in a map

It's the new ring that gives helps give stun immunity based on es, so if i used this, could I not get unwavering?

Thanks!
works pretty good so far with 4socket WI and 2000 ES and 650 int cruel act 3

the astramedes amulet sells for 1ex or so now so i dont have that one yet :/
Last edited by Koksii on Sep 3, 2016, 2:00:29 AM
right now, im playing this build on standard, im sort of a beginner ... have 4400 ES,with discipline and all that.. can u suggest me a cheap way to get more?
"
DaBloxorz wrote:
I just found this ring in a map

It's the new ring that gives helps give stun immunity based on es, so if i used this, could I not get unwavering?

Thanks!

It's a ring. You would have to drop 1 curse (Doedre's), or 2 skill points and lots of resists (Pyre) or a lot of Int (Perandus) to use it. Just to save a couple of skill points.

It was already considered a few pages back. Not worth it IMO.
Why is the witch version not avatar of fire anymore?
"
mysrt wrote:
Why is the witch version not avatar of fire anymore?

Because Pyre + CD + 2 skill points works better for the Witch than AoF + CtF + Perandus Signet. You trade a little ES for a little DPS (a good deal in any case), you achieve the build goals 2 levels earlier, your gear is cheaper, and resists are a lot easier to max (meaning that you can use items with higher Int/ES and lower resists - and compensate for that lost ES while adding even more DPS).

For my Witch in the Prophecy league, the switch from AoF to Pyre was an upgrade in everything: ES and DPS. And it was still an upgrade in Standard with godly gear and legacy Perandus available - Pyre is still better. For the Witch. Scion is better off with Perandus because of higher Int.
"
NoRegrets wrote:
Just wondering, I'm now level 47 WI/CI but is it just me or did the tankiness completely dissapear with the new Leech system? How do you guys coop with this? Do you take life on hit now instead of the leech gem? It feels really weak now even though we have nice dps.

What new leech system?

If you are lacking survivability at lv 47, check the guide and make sure you are following the recommended order of the tree nodes, then check your gear and upgrade anything that lacks Int. The guide contains examples of gear for lv 33-51 and lv 52-70 that I was actually using while leveling.

If you still can't fix your survivability issues, post a link to your profile, and I can take a look at it.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 3, 2016, 10:33:18 PM
pro tip, now u can craft belt with over 50 int with esences on any base u want
"
NoRegrets wrote:
I got vaal pact/ ghost reaver with sh1t loads of dps and I hardly get any leech even when I'm in facetanking them. I have been playing whispering ice for the last 4 charcaters I know what I'm doing but the survivability just feels bad in this new expansion. Leech is really almost none existent, I'm going to experitment with Life on hit/ assasins Mark see if that's better now.

The leech mechanic in 2.0 has no bearing on this build since we use Vaal Pact. If you are not leeching enough ES... are you forgetting to use WM+Blasphemy? Or trying to off-screen and range kill everything?
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 4, 2016, 12:59:30 PM
I just hit level 40 HC and the leech seems pretty good for me, even when im doing a boss solo I can literally stand there and face tank and my ES doesnt move.

This has been a super fun build, it was a little rough leveling to 33 but now its a blast.

Im still a little nervous playing HC and going CI this early, every other CI build seems to transfer into CI at level 65+.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info