[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

Sorry for the stupid question and for not reading through the 300 pages first but.. I see mention of both Conc Effect and Elemental Focus and I See people in this thread with one or the other equipped but i'm not sure which is better?

In the original topic it is said "Your staff should be at least 4S / 2L and have these gems in it, in the order of importance: Scorching Ray, Cast while Channelling, Life Leech, Elemental Focus, Controlled Destruction (5S), Cold To Fire (6S)." However OP has CE instead of EF..

Any advise? Thanks!
"
nullisecundus wrote:
However, I am having some very quick deaths in some places you seem to be facetanking happily on the videos (like Chimera, Phoenix - you sit on the discharge while I die if he is in my screen somewhere)

So my profile is open, could you please have a look and tell me what it is I am doing wrong?

You are trying to use more curses than your character can apply. Looks like you are overwriting Enfeeble with Flammability. Things may be dying faster that way, but they hit you harder.

I recommend replacing that Flammability gem with Enhance since you have a 6L armor.

"
Drazzt wrote:
I had a question: I'm level 69 now, and I have all the nodes sorted so far, but as far as the travel down to diamond skin and the jewel node there, did you just add the str nodes as you got the points? My first two spare went into faith and steel as my resists needed a little boost, and can happily respec if needed, but 8 nodes of str without conversion seems a little wasted, would I be better off going into some ES nodes and respeccing once I can get the second brute force solution?

There is a moment just before you take the Marauder area socket when you have 7 Str nodes unconverted. And then you gain up to 64 Int at the next level. That's normal. Why does it matter? You should be in the Lake gaining a level every N minutes. It's even fine to have non-maxed resists at the same time. Nothing can hurt you there, skip Voll if your items aren't good enough to kill him in less than 15 sec yet. Just level up.

"
Rnew1990 wrote:
is it really worth it to drop vaal disp for Enchance in my 6L chest?

Yes. Vaal Disc is almost worthless now anyway. Good curses are good.

"
dieh wrote:
Sorry for the stupid question and for not reading through the 300 pages first but.. I see mention of both Conc Effect and Elemental Focus and I See people in this thread with one or the other equipped but i'm not sure which is better?

CE is better for the bosses, EF is better for trash clearing, although the difference became smaller in 2.6 and you can clear with CE just fine now.

In Standard you can use both of them with legacy Pyre (instead of AoF+CtF+Perandus).

"
In the original topic it is said "Your staff should be at least 4S / 2L and have these gems in it, in the order of importance: Scorching Ray, Cast while Channelling, Life Leech, Elemental Focus, Controlled Destruction (5S), Cold To Fire (6S)."

That's while leveling. Those gems make the most sense at that level.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 16, 2017, 3:40:09 AM
there is a rumor that vaal pact wll be moved to it's old place between marauder and duelist, while keeping instant leech at same pace and not moving GR. Do you think it will hurt your build a lot, Kelvinn?
"
sufferot wrote:
there is a rumor that vaal pact wll be moved to it's old place between marauder and duelist, while keeping instant leech at same pace and not moving GR. Do you think it will hurt your build a lot, Kelvinn?

this build does not work without vaal pact, at least not on higher tier content. there is now a jewel socket in the area where vaal pact used to be, and there is a 30int node on the way from unwavering stance to the old vaal pact location. so chances are that we could spec from US to the old/new vaal pact location for something like 8 points and gain 50-80 int on the way. nonetheless, this would mean that we lose a substantial amount of passive points that are currently put to greater use elsewhere. for example, we would almost certainly lose a jewel socket due to this change.

one exception though: scion has a very easy and quick pathing to the old/potential new vaal pact location. so scion might be the one class that doesnt get hit too much by this change. if they also do something about the scion ascendancy that makes it worthwhile again for WI, scion might become the class to go.

but all of that is pure speculation at this point. I'd just wait and see.
Still love jumping on this build and crushing maps with it.

I was wanting to run uber labs and wondered if people had any suggestions? Have 9.3k ES but long trap sections still kinda suck. Perhaps vaal discipline? Stone Golem for traps sections and switch back to Ice for trails?
Anything else other than just more ES?
"
dieh wrote:

In the original topic it is said "Your staff should be at least 4S / 2L and have these gems in it, in the order of importance: Scorching Ray, Cast while Channelling, Life Leech, Elemental Focus, Controlled Destruction (5S), Cold To Fire (6S)." However OP has CE instead of EF..

Any advise? Thanks!

They're used for different things:

EF has less damage but bigger AoE so general map clear this is better.
CE has more DPS but much smaller AoE - So better for boss fights.

I generally just stick with EF as dont have a problem with DPS unless im doing guardians and other bosses of the like.

So grab and level both gems in your alt weapon slot and switch out depending on the content.

I was wanting to run uber labs and wondered if people had any suggestions? Have 9.3k ES but long trap sections still kinda suck. Perhaps vaal discipline? Stone Golem for traps sections and switch back to Ice for trails?
"

For lab running I stuck a brightbeak and high es shield on swap for trap stuff. Made lab pretty easy as long as you can tank izaro (which you should with 9.3k es)

Just made a whisp ice pathfinder on my alt https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/underdonemuffins/characters

Not high enough level yet or trials done for uber lab but end will look like www.poeurl.com/bgX7

Having the shock from vinktar is amazing and the speed with pathfinder quicksilver is crazy.
This has not much to do with this build, but i recently bought new gloves, and been trying to get the right colours for a few days now. 1800 Chromatics later and i stil havent got the 3red/1green combo.

I've been spamming the "atleast 2 red sockets" at vorici, i never had this much trouble with my current gloves. How did u guys manage to get those colours? What would be the best way to keep trying?
"
Grimstarz wrote:
This has not much to do with this build, but i recently bought new gloves, and been trying to get the right colours for a few days now. 1800 Chromatics later and i stil havent got the 3red/1green combo.

I've been spamming the "atleast 2 red sockets" at vorici, i never had this much trouble with my current gloves. How did u guys manage to get those colours? What would be the best way to keep trying?

Best way is "3 red". I got lucky enough to get it first try lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info