[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
Grimstarz wrote:
This has not much to do with this build, but i recently bought new gloves, and been trying to get the right colours for a few days now. 1800 Chromatics later and i stil havent got the 3red/1green combo.

I've been spamming the "atleast 2 red sockets" at vorici, i never had this much trouble with my current gloves. How did u guys manage to get those colours? What would be the best way to keep trying?

put vorici 2R on it. this makes the first two sockets reds. then use vorici "2 sockets", which costs 1 jewelers orb. this will preserve the 2 red sockets! then use vorici "3 sockets" for 3 jewelers orbs. if you hit a red or green socket, fine, otherwise repeat those steps till you hit a nonblue. afterwards, repeat this process with vorici 3 sockets and vorici 4 sockets.

this way, you spend something like 200-300 jewelers instead of the 800 something chromes it costs on average if you do it via chromes.
Black_Gun: thanks for the advice bro.. done with 100+/- jewels easyy :)
IGN: YamiCurseWhisper
"
sufferot wrote:
there is a rumor that vaal pact wll be moved to it's old place between marauder and duelist, while keeping instant leech at same pace and not moving GR. Do you think it will hurt your build a lot, Kelvinn?

There is no point in discussing rumors. Wait till GGG releases any actual details.

"
ninjaxus wrote:
I was wanting to run uber labs and wondered if people had any suggestions? Have 9.3k ES but long trap sections still kinda suck. Perhaps vaal discipline? Stone Golem for traps sections and switch back to Ice for trails?

There are 3 ways to deal with the nasty long traps (the worst ones are in the dungeons):

1. Learn them. There are ways to safely navigate every single one of them even without any special tricks. However, it costs time, you have to stop in certain spots and wait for a good time to move.

2. Quicksilver flasks. If you are doing multiple runs, you already know the layout, where the potentially dangerous sections are, and what to expect from Izaro. Plan your flasks accordingly, bring as many Quicksilvers as you can (or, as few other types as required to beat Izaro). With 9k ES you can just run through most traps with minimal skill/knowledge. When you are running fast, most traps simply fail to react and hit you.

3. Shavronne's Revelation. That ring can regen your ES faster than most traps can damage it, unless you stand or move in the worst possible ways. If you have enough experience with No Regen maps, you'll be fine in the Lab without mana regen. Swap to a good ring for Izaro of course.

Any combo is even better. Shav ring + several 70% ms flasks = just run thru everything.

"
Grimstarz wrote:
This has not much to do with this build, but i recently bought new gloves, and been trying to get the right colours for a few days now. 1800 Chromatics later and i stil havent got the 3red/1green combo.

I've been spamming the "atleast 2 red sockets" at vorici, i never had this much trouble with my current gloves. How did u guys manage to get those colours? What would be the best way to keep trying?

Use the new method mentioned a couple pages above: you can easily off-color even 4 sockets for a very modest amount of jews instead of chroms.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 17, 2017, 1:54:54 PM
I've read that an ice storm is dramaticaly dropping FPS. Is it true? I have a rather weak computer at work and that factor is critical for me.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/65vkkr/discussion_aura_radius_is_completely_bugged_or/?st=j1mfcl57&sh=797403ae

Aura-radii is garbage tier currently. Is Enfeeble/Warlord's Mark still the way to go over other options?
Hello. This build is really good and the guide is really well made, but can you explain why you are using 5 skill points into increase area of effect nodes?

Is there some double dipping I missed? Or a lack of better option?

Even with concentrated effect, the area of effect seems wide enough to clear mobs packs, particularly since area of effects changes. And the (in total) 40% increased area damage for 5 points doesn't seem worth it (8% per point), taking into account the diminishing returns due to all the other %increase damage you are getting.

Moreover, from what I know, Inc area of effect actually reduce Firestorm/Icestorm singletarget DPS.

Please tell me what I'm missing :)
Last edited by Divinicus on Apr 17, 2017, 3:24:52 PM
"
Black_Gun wrote:
"
Grimstarz wrote:

put vorici 2R on it. this makes the first two sockets reds. then use vorici "2 sockets", which costs 1 jewelers orb. this will preserve the 2 red sockets! then use vorici "3 sockets" for 3 jewelers orbs. if you hit a red or green socket, fine, otherwise repeat those steps till you hit a nonblue. afterwards, repeat this process with vorici 3 sockets and vorici 4 sockets.

this way, you spend something like 200-300 jewelers instead of the 800 something chromes it costs on average if you do it via chromes.

Cheers man! U're a life saver haha, spend around 250 jew orbs to get it. I wish i knew this trick earlier. So happy right now :D
Last edited by Grimstarz on Apr 17, 2017, 7:23:08 PM
"
fudon wrote:
I've read that an ice storm is dramaticaly dropping FPS. Is it true? I have a rather weak computer at work and that factor is critical for me.

It depends on your video card. If it's low end then your FPS may drop. The only way to know for sure is to try. Buy the cheapest WI, cast Icestorm and see.

"
Xantosi wrote:
reddit link

Aura-radii is garbage tier currently. Is Enfeeble/Warlord's Mark still the way to go over other options?

The issues with aura radius have nothing to do with the core functionality of the skills. WM, Enfeeble, etc still work just fine.

"
Divinicus wrote:
Hello. This build is really good and the guide is really well made, but can you explain why you are using 5 skill points into increase area of effect nodes?

Is there some double dipping I missed? Or a lack of better option?

Even with concentrated effect, the area of effect seems wide enough to clear mobs packs, particularly since area of effects changes. And the (in total) 40% increased area damage for 5 points doesn't seem worth it (8% per point), taking into account the diminishing returns due to all the other %increase damage you are getting.

Moreover, from what I know, Inc area of effect actually reduce Firestorm/Icestorm singletarget DPS.

Please tell me what I'm missing :)

You are missing 50% increased area damage from those nodes. 10% dmg per point alone would be too little, but in combination with increased AoE it was a good return. At least before 2.6. I don't know if it still worth it, math minded people may know the answer, but it's not a waste in any case.

Smaller radius increases single target DPS against a stationary target (not by a huge number though). But when the radius is too small you start missing some mobs in a pack or, much worse, start missing a boss who moved just a little. You can clear with CE without any AoE nodes, the question is how efficiently.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 17, 2017, 4:49:00 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
fudon wrote:

It depends on your video card. If it's low end then your FPS may drop. The only way to know for sure is to try. Buy the cheapest WI, cast Icestorm and see.

I thought that FPS drops harder on well-geared character, when icestorm's lenght huge and more spells cast per second, isn't it? If yes, the check you proposed does not reflect reality.
P.S. Low end is a compliment for my video card. Radeon 5800 series, perhaps 5870, I think.
Last edited by fudon on Apr 17, 2017, 5:21:00 PM
"
fudon wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
fudon wrote:

I thought that FPS drops harder on well-geared character, when icestorm's lenght huge and more spells cast per second, isn't it? If yes, the check you proposed does not reflect reality.
P.S. Low end is a compliment for my video card. Radeon 5800 series, perhaps 5870, I think.

More Icestorms going on at the same time would lag you more, but even with no investment other than the staff itself and a couple of gems (SR+CwC) you can get at least 8-9 Icestorms going on and see if you get the lag or not. If 9 Icestorms don't lag you then 14 likely won't either. And vice versa.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 17, 2017, 5:32:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info