[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
monkuar wrote:
HAHA

Just got one for only 10c through party listing trade. Way cheaper than poe.trade prices. Only +82 stats though... which is a shame. That's 18 int I could be using, but whatever. I'll get to farm and worry about upgrading to max out stats later. Finally at level 72, I get to put this baby on

Edit: if anyone has masters crafting for armor please pm me. IGN: MakeBaalRunsGreatAgain

need to add res to my armor (above post) will pay for service, thanks!

You still got a LOT to upgrade. Craft +18-22 ES on the gloves, they will be good enough for you at this point, until you get real boots, Black Sun Crest and a chest with more ES and a good resist mod.
One Major problem about a crit variant is also the uniques itself.
My unique only idea had 81% bonus int but gave only +200 int from equip.
Obviously 73% with +310 int from equip is better if u don't hit 1375 base int before the multiplier.
So the less points in the skilltree hits the unique version especially hard.
Yeah, my new build with Pyre and Controlled:

Passive Tree: HAHAH Today is my luck day, i used 162 fusing and reached 6L Atziri's Splendour, now i get WoD nod and tri-curse is completly.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAPuBAcOSBBYES0RUBGWEzUV1xekGGoZLhpsHNwc5x1PHb4fAiftKPopTyo4LJwsvy0fLagzhzW5NsU5UjrYPAU9Dz1fRUdGcUyLTLNRdFJTVkhWY1cNWAdd8l8qX2pfsGZUaGVqHm0Zb5535Xy7f8aCm4LHgwmD94TFhXuGrodljr6O6Y8aj0aP-pD6ksGTJ5Ugl_SboZu1na6ezZ_LoS-io6aZpwinK6cwr5uvp7GQtAy1BLiTvoC-isBmwcXB88M6xBXE9spKytPQH9DQ0iHUB9Wm2CTZYdyN323fsOQi6-Tr7uwY7DjvS-987-vyL_Ob

My Avd Dmg is turn arround:

6.928 ~ 7.785,5(this with pendulum active 10s) and with Elemental Overload up to 10.975 approximately but with Controlled dont crit alltime. Its finish for this build or can achieve more Avg Dmg ?

Ty, bro!
Over 20 Sacrifice sets now, and Possessed Foe still won't trigger. :( It's the only zone prophecy in my tab. I have some others like 'you will kill a rare mob of type X and it will drop a unique' but those shouldn't matter. When I enter the Apex of Sacrifice, nothing happens, it's just a regular Atziri zone.

I guess it's still useful for farming the Mortal frags since I want to do Uber anyway. But why isn't Possessed Foe triggering? Am I missing something?

ETA: Went to some area for another prophecy, and Possessed Foe immediately triggered there. WTF? :(
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jul 1, 2016, 11:28:51 PM
Heya, I was just wondering, is it doable to do atziri as you showcased at level 70 for levels, with the leeching reflect etc?
Any benchmarks to note before going in, like ES or int or damage?
really looking forward to leveling this btw, it looks like a blast :D
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
monkuar wrote:
HAHA

Just got one for only 10c through party listing trade. Way cheaper than poe.trade prices. Only +82 stats though... which is a shame. That's 18 int I could be using, but whatever. I'll get to farm and worry about upgrading to max out stats later. Finally at level 72, I get to put this baby on

Edit: if anyone has masters crafting for armor please pm me. IGN: MakeBaalRunsGreatAgain

need to add res to my armor (above post) will pay for service, thanks!

You still got a LOT to upgrade. Craft +18-22 ES on the gloves, they will be good enough for you at this point, until you get real boots, Black Sun Crest and a chest with more ES and a good resist mod.

Yeah, will do, thanks

I bought the sun crest but was missing the stupid dex req, lol. But now, since I got astraments, it's game time. My other friend that I told you that I got to play stopped at around level 32 and rage quit.

Why? Because he said he was too squishy and died in dried like because he went to CI without no ES gear.. guess what game he went back to? Diablo 3. It's hilarious because then he tells me to find him some bullshit shav boots that I said I would for him to come back. I told him that when I got to 33 and switched to CI I steam rolled everything. He grew up on D3, and not D2 / Path, so obviously he's biased. But, he was wrong, this build does steam roll he just didn't follow your guide. We were both leveling at the same time too and had everything the exact same. It would of been really fun to map with him, etc but whatever I tried :(

Just wanted to say that because future people might have been in the same boat and stopped. I didn't go CI because I didn't have any ES gear. I actually went over and got me Light of Divinity, and other west tree located nodes instead. I was full life based until 50 or so, then I switched once I got ES GEAR. My friend also has 5 or so refund points so he could of used that as well. It's whatever though, he's back on D3. But I will try to get him back on. I bought him some gems and es gear...
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Jul 2, 2016, 1:28:14 AM
"
Chridian wrote:
Heya, I was just wondering, is it doable to do atziri as you showcased at level 70 for levels, with the leeching reflect etc?
Any benchmarks to note before going in, like ES or int or damage?
really looking forward to leveling this btw, it looks like a blast :D

At lv 70 you can wear any item that's used by this build and lv 20 gems. So if you have everything ready, you can go and destroy the regular Atziri. You won't have the 3rd curse yet, but you don't use it for Atziri anyway. You won't have US yet, but you can get by without it there if you are careful. Do the Lab on Normal/Cruel/Merc first though.

I'm not sure about leeching through the mirror reflect at lv 70, I haven't tried doing that with the gear I had at lv 70. You can always do it the safe way: use CE, stop casting and wait till you can see which statue is not the mirror, then cast on that one, pop a ruby flask to survive the flameblast, dodge the stormcalls.

You only need like 5k ES for the regular Atziri, and maybe 3k damage. The xp is so great that you can easily afford to die there. The only problem would be getting the frag sets.

It's just for fun anyway. At lv 70 you can level faster in the Lake.

"
monkuar wrote:
My other friend that I told you that I got to play stopped at around level 32 and rage quit.

Why? Because he said he was too squishy and died in dried like because he went to CI without no ES gear..

Well, I don't know how many notes in how many places in this guide I can add emphasizing that you need Int and ES. The leveling guide now says in bold font that you must wear Int+ES gear when you switch to WI+CI at lv 33, and there is my exact gear right there to see what you need. All I can hope for is that people actually read it instead of TL;DR. :)
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jul 2, 2016, 2:43:49 AM
Thanks a bunch!
Probably end up doing some kind of mix and match ^^
Damn, I get around 300 or so extra dps from black sun helmet.. but, lose a lot of ES. Over 660... Is the helmet worth it only if we got the nice ascendancy enchantment on it? (Testing this on a 11% one)
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
"
monkuar wrote:
Damn, I get around 300 or so extra dps from black sun helmet.. but, lose a lot of ES. Over 660... Is the helmet worth it only if we got the nice ascendancy enchantment on it? (Testing this on a 11% one)

I was thinking the same myself.

Not because Black Sun seems like a bad item for this build, I mean 15% Int on an Int-based build seems nuts, but because the build is so greedy with uniques already there's not much room to fit your flat ES and resists, and I get the impression that the builds damage is already excessive.

I mean Int gives you +% ES, but you need the flat ES for that % to scale anything. If you had 1000 Int and put on Black Sun it would give you +150 Int = 30% ES, but if you have very little flat ES then that 30% doesn't scale much. Compared to just wearing a Hubris with 350-450ES, some resists, and a flat Int role (not uncommon to get 40-50 Int on a helmet slot already)

That said I'm not experienced with this build, just leveling it up now, but I was already thinking that I'd try a 40-50 Int Hubris instead of Black Sun so that I can more easily fix my resists and get more flat ES. I'm playing on PHC so that factors into my decision - OP suggests that it's acceptable to play with undercapped resists and rely on your WM to leech and keep you alive, and in theory that sounds fine, but I don't really feel comfortable undercapped when one mistake (or lag) could result in my character being deleted. So ultimately what I think I'll do is play without Black Sun in favor of a good Int/ES/Resist helmet until I can achieve merciless resist cap and then try switching to Black Sun at that point.

edit: Unrelated to the helmet, but another thing I was thinking that might be pertinent is running Eye of Chayula over Astramentis until you reach the Unwavering Stance node on the tree; at least for mapping, getting stun locked as CI can result in death depending on how reckless you play.
Last edited by Greymane2k on Jul 2, 2016, 11:59:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info