[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
intre wrote:
You don't get +69 res to fire or +69 res to cold or +69 res to lightning. You get 27 to fire, 27 to lightning and 15 to cold. With Kraityn you get +10 to cold, +10 to fire and +10 to lightning, they don't add.

Yes, but fire, cold and lightning are all equally valuable. So +10 all resistances is equally valuable to +30 <one element> resistance.

Not getting +10 all resistances for one point, but then getting 27+27+15 of individual resistances for three points just doesn't seem to make much sense from point efficiency point of view.

You can defend DS by saying that only +10 all from Kraityn isn't quite enough with specific gear so you'd have to go DS anyway even with Kraityn and choosing cold/lightning also gives a tiny bit of gearing flexibility, but completely dismissing the normal Kraityn option and even saying "Skill points are far too valuable" and yet taking three 23.3% less efficient points seems weird.
Last edited by chinz on Jun 27, 2016, 9:51:49 AM
"
chinz wrote:

Yes, but fire, cold and lightning are all equally valuable. So +10 all resistances is equally valuable to +30 <one element> resistance.

Not getting +10 all resistances for one point, but then getting 27+27+15 of individual resistances for three points just doesn't seem to make much sense from point efficiency point of view.

You can defend DS by saying that only +10 all from Kraityn isn't quite enough with specific gear so you'd have to go DS anyway even with Kraityn and choosing cold/lightning also gives a tiny bit of gearing flexibility, but completely dismissing the normal Kraityn option and even saying "Skill points are far too valuable" and yet taking three 23.3% less efficient points seems weird.

No, they are not equally valuable. In example, let's say your resistances are 75/75/76 in merciless. They are not equally valuable as 65/65/96, you would be getting way more damage in this last case even though the sum is the same.

I don't defend anything, everyone has different gear so you have to check what works for you. If your resistances are 75/65/70 and with that Kaitryn reward you can cap it, instead of using 2 tree nodes to cap these res, of course it's more efficient. But you can buy or drop gear enough to cap it, and you would be wasting 20 regrets instead of 2 or 3 to use these points in another place.

There's also another point. You might want to go way overcapped to deal with Elemental Weakness maps.
Last edited by intre on Jun 27, 2016, 10:16:00 AM
"
intre wrote:
No, they are not equally valuable. In example, let's say your resistances are 75/75/76 in merciless. They are not equally valuable as 65/65/96, you would be getting way more damage in this last case even though the sum is the same.

I meant equally valuable stats in skill tree and gear (as in where you can get them). Not that all resistances would be literally equally valuable for example if you have 75/40/-10 resistances.

"
I don't defend anything, everyone has different gear so you have to check what works for you. If your resistances are 75/65/70 and with that Kaitryn reward you can cap it, instead of using 2 tree nodes to cap these res, of course it's more efficient. But you can buy or drop gear enough to cap it, and you would be wasting 20 regrets instead of 2 or 3 to use these points in another place.

There's also another point. You might want to go way overcapped to deal with Elemental Weakness maps.

Yeah, I agree with everything here. I think we got a bit carried away, I just thought it was weird that words "far too valuable" wrt bandit points was used, not that DS and no normal Kraityn is necessarily wrong choice in individual scenario. Sometimes you can't just look strictly at stats-per-point efficiency, if +10 all is not quite enough with specific gear but DS is then of course it's better.

edit: how the hell can I mess up quotes every time...
Last edited by chinz on Jun 27, 2016, 10:34:00 AM
One question: I swap Avatar of Fire + Cold to Fire gem to Pyre + Controlled destruction and I deal the same dps. Do you get the same results?
this has to be calced but its not that easy ..
Cold to fire should give a % dmg increase before the other Damage increases so its a pretty strong multiplier.
"
Majin111 wrote:
Cold to fire should give a % dmg increase before the other Damage increases so its a pretty strong multiplier.

As easy as respec Avatar of Fire node and put Pyre and Controlled Destruction instead of Cold to Fire gem. I did it and get the same damage, plus getting 2 resists and extra bonus of the ring. I wanted to be tested by someone else just in case they get different results.
Tried out Kiara's Determination in combination with Overflowing Chalice and it's amazing. I'm sure it won't be as necessary when I'm higher level (only 53 atm) but it feels like an invulnerability flask for right now. Overflowing Chalice allows it to pretty much always be up.
"
intre wrote:
"
Majin111 wrote:

As easy as respec Avatar of Fire node and put Pyre and Controlled Destruction instead of Cold to Fire gem. I did it and get the same damage, plus getting 2 resists and extra bonus of the ring. I wanted to be tested by someone else just in case they get different results.

im using a dual curse setup with two perandus signet rings. if i was playing the elementalist version of this build, it would be pretty much exactly the same damage with pyre and cd, but would get two additional res on the pyre ring and would free up 1-2 passive points.

would be cool if others could also try this, it seems like a good idea. in particular, it would make the build even cheaper! :D
Last edited by Black_Gun on Jun 27, 2016, 10:49:49 PM
"
Black_Gun wrote:
"
intre wrote:
"
Majin111 wrote:

im using a dual curse setup with two perandus signet rings. if i was playing the elementalist version of this build, it would be pretty much exactly the same damage with pyre and cd, but would get two additional res on the pyre ring and would free up 1-2 passive points.

would be cool if others could also try this, it seems like a good idea. in particular, it would make the build even cheaper! :D

Losing one Perandus ring gives you a crap load of ES + INT + DMG. All you are doing is saving some points for resist. It is a good idea but I dont think the trade off it good.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
"
Ziiyo wrote:

Losing one Perandus ring gives you a crap load of ES + INT + DMG. All you are doing is saving some points for resist. It is a good idea but I dont think the trade off it good.

well, it allows for the use of support gems with a stronger damage multiplier. for both him and me, this basically balances the effect on the dps. losing int means losing es, so that this change doesnt make sense if getting the same dps out of it is the only change. but trading some 400ish es for 60 res and a passive point might sometimes be worth it.
Last edited by Black_Gun on Jun 28, 2016, 4:25:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info