[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
morbiuz666 wrote:
"
is normal for me too in the early
when i lv 33 start to use
on cruel lab i have problem he damage me almost ko me

As for end gear
u can buy endgear glove shoe for 1-2ex
for a pretty cheap price
for those high resis and high es well is not cheap just to say

currently now after 2 day of creation and afk i am already 80+
Super fast leech did a lot of map and corrupted map and my es leech was super fast althrough hexproof and mana regen slow / no regen in map is problem but for boss is a single target which leech super fast

so far did t11 12 map corrupt see no problem
t13 above didnt get the map well trying to get hehe :)

as for chest i using a double curse but maybesoon i go to tri curse
but overall is good and efficient
better than my 300EX++ Char .. which is kind of rip !

300?! Wow that's a lot of currency to spend! I've just started playing 2 months back or so, don't have that much to spend :(

Here's my gear so far, what do you all think, Merciless Lab-viable? I know belt needs replacement and gloves too. Chest could use more ES and maybe 6th socket but I really can't afford the insane asking prices on poe.trade. I'm still low level so figured might as well wait until 70-73 before I look at new gloves and maybe Auxium. Crystal belts are 79 required I think?

I also have these chest pieces sitting in stash, should I keep em, reroll or try to trade off?

Sorry for the questions, still new to the game and CI build. Thanks!

is more than 300 exalted
cos of some mirror gear etc.
about 400 EX near
not for this build but some rare build that no one play cos of nerf badly
ok

Merci lab - Do at lv 70
It is easy
i did facetank him izzaro on it
uber izzaro i was being carry cos i have some lag issue on uber no idea why
or trap alway kill me while i was lv 78 did it complete on lv 78

just follow this build carefully and gear etc and it work well

Enjoy Legacy!!!!
Last edited by ArfJason on Oct 26, 2016, 12:26:12 AM
"
morbiuz666 wrote:
300?! Wow that's a lot of currency to spend! I've just started playing 2 months back or so, don't have that much to spend :(

Here's my gear so far, what do you all think, Merciless Lab-viable? I know belt needs replacement and gloves too. Chest could use more ES and maybe 6th socket but I really can't afford the insane asking prices on poe.trade. I'm still low level so figured might as well wait until 70-73 before I look at new gloves and maybe Auxium. Crystal belts are 79 required I think?
Spoiler

I also have these chest pieces sitting in stash, should I keep em, reroll or try to trade off?

Sorry for the questions, still new to the game and CI build. Thanks!

Don't get scared by the gear some people have in Standard. That's what happens when you play a few leagues and then all that stuff ends up in Standard. :) You definitely don't need godly items to beat everything in PoE.

Now, your stuff... Please re-read the Gear section. Your chest (all of them) is bad cause of no Int. This build is based on Int. A 800 ES chest is useless here if it doesn't have Int.

The insane prices you see on poe.trade are 6L, tri-res, etc stuff that's not even used by this build. What you want is Int, some ES and maybe a resist mod. For example, this would be good:
http://poe.trade/search/akurakasimowar
If this is too expensive (since you are a new player) then lower ES to 650 or don't bother with resists on chest, you can look for them on other pieces.

You can be fine with Auxium, it was the main belt until 2.4. But Int Crystal belts are so good, and they can help with resists too. Since you are in this league, definitely get one.

And of course you can get gloves like yours but with more ES.

You probably can beat Merciless Lab, but don't let Izaro get buffs and don't facetank him until you get better chest, gloves and belt.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 26, 2016, 12:23:59 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Don't get scared by the gear some people have in Standard. That's what happens when you play a few leagues and then all that stuff ends up in Standard. :) You definitely don't need godly items to beat everything in PoE.

Now, your stuff... Please re-read the Gear section. Your chest (all of them) is bad cause of no Int. This build is based on Int. A 800 ES chest is useless here if it doesn't have Int.

The insane prices you see on poe.trade are 6L, tri-res, etc stuff that's not even used by this build. What you want is Int, some ES and maybe a resist mod. For example, this would be good:
http://poe.trade/search/akurakasimowar
If this is too expensive (since you are a new player) then lower ES to 650 or don't bother with resists on chest, you can look for them on other pieces.

You can be fine with Auxium, it was the main belt until 2.4. But Int Crystal belts are so good, and they can help with resists too. Since you are in this league, definitely get one.

And of course you can get gloves like yours but with more ES.

You probably can beat Merciless Lab, but don't let Izaro get buffs and don't facetank him until you get better chest, gloves and belt.

Thanks Kelvynn, I hope that vaal chest is still there when I get back tonight. Just the thing I've been looking for!

Yeah I know I need more int on pieces. I stupidly used up all my spites before chancing on your thread. Been slowly buying and hoarding spites last few days to hopefully bingo some gloves and a crystal belt.

I was undecided on auxium vs crystal, losing res would probably hurt I think? I did die a few times on reaching Merciless when my fire res was like 30 or so. Well in any case right now I cannot equip either so I'll trudge along until I reach 70 before deciding.
I ran a couple of tests with the Shaper 2.4.1 and his Teleport Slam. I did it in the league, with my 8.5k ES Inquisitor. His Ascendancy makes all nearby enemies deal 8% LESS ele damage - that's a much stronger protection than Elementalist's 8% Reduced ele dmg if you've been hit with that element in the last 4 sec which I don't think even applies to Teleport Slam cause it takes about that long to hit you.

Here's what I found:

1. Teleport Slam definitely has a physical damage component (phys+cold?).
2. It can crit, and often.
3. When it doesn't crit it deals like 2-3k damage and it doesn't matter.
4. When it does crit, it 1-shots the Inquisitor with 8.5k ES, PoI and Sapphire flask (85% cold res).
5. Adding a Basalt flask to the mix (85% cold res + 20% phys mitigation) makes the crit slam survivable, and it deals about 7k damage to the Inquisitor. Probably 7.5k damage to the Elementalist.

First two Shaper fights can still be done facetanking him and using Sapphire+Basalt when he uses Teleport Slam. However, the 3rd fight is very problematic. If the Shaper uses Teleport Slam when the Clone is up - that's trouble. That remaining 1.5k ES is not enough to survive damage from the clone right after taking the Teleport Slam from the main Shaper.

I'll try with the Elementalist in Standard and see how that goes. But looks like dodging the slam in the final fight may be safer unless you are really well geared.

People who did the Shaper after 2.4.1 and facetanked the slam, how much ES do you have? What flasks do you use? Got any videos? I'd really love to find a good way to facetank in the final fight again.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
I ran a couple of tests with the Shaper 2.4.1 and his Teleport Slam. I did it in the league, with my 8.5k ES Inquisitor. His Ascendancy makes all nearby enemies deal 8% LESS ele damage - that's a much stronger protection than Elementalist's 8% Reduced ele dmg if you've been hit with that element in the last 4 sec which I don't think even applies to Teleport Slam cause it takes about that long to hit you.

Here's what I found:

1. Teleport Slam definitely has a physical damage component (phys+cold?).
2. It can crit, and often.
3. When it doesn't crit it deals like 2-3k damage and it doesn't matter.
4. When it does crit, it 1-shots the Inquisitor with 8.5k ES, PoI and Sapphire flask (85% cold res).
5. Adding a Basalt flask to the mix (85% cold res + 20% phys mitigation) makes the crit slam survivable, and it deals about 7k damage to the Inquisitor. Probably 7.5k damage to the Elementalist.

First two Shaper fights can still be done facetanking him and using Sapphire+Basalt when he uses Teleport Slam. However, the 3rd fight is very problematic. If the Shaper uses Teleport Slam when the Clone is up - that's trouble. That remaining 1.5k ES is not enough to survive damage from the clone right after taking the Teleport Slam from the main Shaper.

I'll try with the Elementalist in Standard and see how that goes. But looks like dodging the slam in the final fight may be safer unless you are really well geared.

People who did the Shaper after 2.4.1 and facetanked the slam, how much ES do you have? What flasks do you use? Got any videos? I'd really love to find a good way to facetank in the final fight again.

10300 es easy shaper 2.4.1 two day ago kill him. Two times tanked slam. flask+poi+aa+ flame dash to avoid
✅🌟AAA Loot Filter🌟✅
✅🌟https://ru.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2440411🌟✅
Last edited by DesperoOrtell on Oct 26, 2016, 4:05:04 AM
nice i have 10k ES i can facetank him i guess

probably i get the crystal belt for resis need lighting resis as i have trouble with it
but is quite expensive but oh well

both belt is nice hehe
Enjoy Legacy!!!!
Last edited by ArfJason on Oct 26, 2016, 4:56:55 AM

So I bought this one on standard for 6ex, the only crystal belt with int on poe trade. And suddenly I remembered what it's like to be frozen....
Last edited by harby on Oct 26, 2016, 10:28:18 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

To calculate the value of a jewel, simply look at the sum of the values of these mods on it. Int is better than the same amount of Increased damage. Int will increase Icestorm damage by almost the same amount as a damage mod, but it also increases ES.

Can't understand why Int give the same amount of Increased damage. The Staff give us +1% damage per 10 Int, not per 1 Int. Can anyone explain?
"
Mikav wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

To calculate the value of a jewel, simply look at the sum of the values of these mods on it. Int is better than the same amount of Increased damage. Int will increase Icestorm damage by almost the same amount as a damage mod, but it also increases ES.

Can't understand why Int give the same amount of Increased damage. The Staff give us +1% damage per 10 Int, not per 1 Int. Can anyone explain?

Ice storm (the spell) scales with int.

It's not to do with the spell dmg on the staff (well that helps but the major part is the spell itself)
Last edited by SRxRedshift on Oct 26, 2016, 2:10:26 PM
"
Mikav wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Icestorm grants 1-3 BASE cold damage per 10 Int.

Your raw Int is increased by the % from gear. Then the BASE damage of Icestorm is calculated for your total Int from the previous step. Then that damage is increased by the sum of all Inc damage mods from the tree, gear and gems, then it's multiplied by each of the MORE modifiers from the gems.

You can check how much your Icestorm tooltip changes with Inc damage mods and extra Int by removing one of the Izaro/cobalt jewels and inserting simple 1-mod jewels into that socket.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 27, 2016, 2:00:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info